Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Items TMC style  (Read 49086 times)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Zelda Items TMC style
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2012, 06:33:43 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Ghirahim's sword form... Hmm, send me a good screenshot of it, if you can, so that I have a good reference picture.
The Jelly Blob that I used for TWW was designed to look like it does in-game.  TP doesn't have an item -- instead, it's just a puddle on the ground.  (And I forgot the Purple, I'll get it soon.)

And what's worth editing on my sheet? Did I do something wrong, or do you create new items from my sprites? If it's a problem with my accuracy, then please send me a screenshot of the item (preferably its Inventory Screen sprite, but also official art as alternatives) so that I could "do it right". All help is appreciated.

Also, in my next update, I'll have made the Four Sword sprites from the ALTTP section more TMC-style. Also, expect a big change regarding the Heart Containers and Pieces of Heart. You'll love it, I promise.  XD
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:46:17 pm by Miles07 »
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2012, 04:17:10 am »
Miles07,
If you can do it, would be nice.

you have talent!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:44:47 pm by Leduardo »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 06:41:01 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Um, how about references for the Sword form? Ghirahim the boss is not an item, last I recall.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 01:23:16 pm »
here's a link to Demise holding the sword. The pic is really big and I doubt it'll fit into the post so yeah.

http://pics.livejournal.com/ancientskullkid/pic/0000twqg

As for what I edit...it's only the colors really. paint is limited like that.....

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 05:28:03 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
*save photo* I'll see what I can do, but I do think that that will end up on the Enemy Items sheet, seeing as I believe that we never see Ghirahim being treated as an item per se. Yes, he becomes a sword for Demise at the end, but the sword as an item itself doesn't do anything any other time in the story, correct?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2012, 04:22:05 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Update: Notice the layout has changed.

Added the Ghirahim Sword. Updated ALTTP Four Sword pieces. Updated a few glitches an incorrect sprites. Added SwS Master Sword "striked" item.
I'll leave this up over the weekend for comments.  I'll commit the sprites on Monday. Now is the time for comments.

thestig

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:45 pm »
This is some impressive stuff and I really think that more people(notably the staff here) should pick this project up. Its an effort worth praise a million times over!
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 07:59:48 pm »
woah...uber change there. Twilight Princess hearts turned yellowish...hm...I could make a joke abt that, but it might be taken as an insult...screw it I'm makin that joke...

Who pissed on the hearts?

.........................Ok, now I just sound like a douche. Sorry...

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2012, 04:54:29 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
It's the best I could do with TMC palette to match the TP color scheme.
Also, I have made a slight change to the ALTTP crystals, to match the crystals to their maidens a bit more (by color of the maiden instead of trying to match something else). Also, I've uncovered more Tingle Tuner items that I didn't have yet, so I'll add them. Here's one last update for the weekend:

Added: Hand-Me-Down Tingle Tuner, Blue Guide Book. Updated Tingle Watch, Z1 Stopwatch. Fixed spacing issues.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:46:08 am by Miles07 »

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2012, 08:33:49 pm »
Ok, I like the attempt at Ghirahim's blade, and I'm guessing you had a hard time with the shape of the blade as it's not in diamond-like segments.

*trying to organize thoughts*

Ok...The red triforce on the blade...and the squiggly design under it, I'm guessing that the red diamond on the blade is those put together right? I would've just left the squigglies out. the red Triforce basically demands my attention more than anything.
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2012, 10:01:35 pm »
I just had an interesting idea for ya. Why not make the Poe lanterns? That should be fun. Maybe...Idk...It just popped into my head.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 03:50:56 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
The red Triforce is way too small for the sprite in order for it to remain TMC-styled.  Meh, there's a bit of reddish-silver on the top of the blade portion (near the hilt) to show that.  I can't make it more detailed.
As for the Poe Lanterns... Erm, perhaps on the Enemy Items sheet, okay. Otherwise they would look too much like the TMC-styled Flame Lantern, and that would be hard to work with in a TMC-styled Twilight Princess, since it would look like an actual collectible item.  But using an enemy palette would work better, I think, so i'll keep that for the Enemy Items sheet. Thanks for the suggestion!

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2012, 01:16:09 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Minor update:

Game & Watch: Tomahawk (slight edit, but looks more like the original sprite)
various: Hylian Shield (made to match the sprite in the Skyward Sword section

Bitte schoen! (you're welcome)
Anything else? (Watch, they release info bout the 3DS or Wii-U Zelda games...)

EDIT: Okay, several sheets have been uploaded to the site. Search the tag "standardization" or "miles07" and you'll see them.  ... *sigh* I really miss the old resource system...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:43:28 am by Miles07 »

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2012, 03:58:53 pm »
These sprites are amazing! You don't mind me using them if I credit you right?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2012, 05:33:26 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Newer version. This time, with more "accurate" Triforce pieces in the Wind Waker section. Also some minor credits in other places, and a few other items that were... less essential at the outset. Enjoy.

And yes, Magic Madness, you CAN use them, provided you give credit where it's due... and give me a link to whatever project/game/comic you use it for. I like to know what my work is used for.

Man, I never thought that the sprite sheet would EVER get this big...

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2012, 12:03:07 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
TSR now has the most recent version of the sheet, with slightly better Skyward Sword items (see the Pumpkin Basin), but I'll have another update in a few days.  Keep a eye out for them. O_-

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2012, 03:18:25 pm »
I saved your most recent sheet to my external drive, since Imageshack hates you apparently. Gotta store it somewhere!
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2012, 04:20:51 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Urgh; that might be because I cleaned-up older versions of the sheet from IS, so the only version up is the latest. Sorry... I don't even save older versions of the sheet, so darn.  Besides, the most recent is often the most correct one anyway, so.
Truth be told, I'm not looking to update this anytime soon unless there's anything I've gotten wrong or anything that ought to look differently. I do alternate versions of items, too, so long as you have an official art to base it off of or a in-game sprite or screenshot, I'll do it and add it to the sheet.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2013, 08:17:41 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
*bump* Heads up. Some of you might have noticed on the submitted sprites repository that ZFGC has, that I have posted some item sheets targeting specific games, but in TMC style (basically like splitting this sheet up into many smaller sheets). I am no longer able to submit the entire sheet because it's so big. (Most up-to-date sprite sheet is here:)

Changes since posting this image: I'm going to personally go through the ROMs that I own and personally rip the item sprites that I can, then try to trim and tack the credits that are on this page. I might even include a .TXT file containing the specific data of what each item is.

So here's my proposal. Those who want to see this project finished, please opine on how I ought to split this sheet up:
- by game, so each game has its TMC sprites on the same sheet;
- by category, so each sword sprite is on one sheet, each shield sprite on its own, etc.
- by some other grouping (please specify).
Also, if I should include a .TXt file with each image outlining the sprite's corresponding item and any special credits needed for that sprite.
Begin discussion NOW. I'll be back in about two or three weeks to check up.

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2013, 07:57:32 pm »
wow i havent seen this list in forever, but you made some sexy progress. these look great, and as for organising them, i would go by game, or groups of a game or two, maybe my system or order or something, to fit your size restraint.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 78 queries.

anything