Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: {Recruiting} The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask GB  (Read 4484 times)

YunaRikkuPaine

{Recruiting} The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ...
« on: May 09, 2009, 07:51:41 pm »
Hello, this is Toon Link's Buttered Toast, at your service! I'm currently gathering spriters, coders, and anyone else at could help me do something that was once attempted by a user of some other forums who usually went by Hyrule_Boy. He has given up the project, and I am going to succeed where he was given up. Oh, and almost forgot to mention this - you are helping for no compensation (other than being featured in the credits, of course. ). Only help me with this if you're feeling nice, bored, or you find your position fun because you will not get anything from me other than a spot (possibly more, depending on how many jobs you helped with) in the credits, and the ability to work on this project. NOTE: You may withdraw from any job at any time. You will be credited for the work you have done to help me. Same goes for joining/rejoining, but I expect you to be able to do what you've been taken into the team to do.

With that said, I should probably explain to you my ideas for the game. Here they are:
I plan to make a four-pane menu, just like in the original Majora's Mask
I hope to be able to make the saving system much better than in the original Majora's Mask
I plan to incorporate all of the masks, what Link looks like when wearing them, and their functions when worn, into the game
I plan to incorporate the Ocarina of Time and all the songs into the game
With the above being said, I also plan to incorporate a time system and clock
I plan to scrap the original dungeons for new ones that are compatible with 2D puzzles
I plan to rid the game of the three enchanted arrows, and instead add in the three magic spells from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I'm not sure on this, but this idea's origins stem from most of the magic arrow puzzles relying on 3D)
I plan to add in an extra post-game dungeon that is playable with the Fierce Deity Mask

Current BSG Productions Team:
Team Leader: FierceDeityLink394/YunaRikkuPaine
Spriters: FierceDeityLink394/YunaRikkuPaine
Mappers: FierceDeityLink394/YunaRikkuPaine
Coders: Padraig!
MIDI Composers: None T^T
(More positions to come... possibly?)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: {Recruiting} The Legend of Zelda: Majora's M...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:53:42 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm actually working on a GB fidelity engine with Ocarina of Time as the "demonstration" game; If you'd like you can use that for your project :p

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 07:57:15 pm »
If your making it with GML , I can give you the time engine.
  • Phoenix Heart

YunaRikkuPaine

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 07:58:11 pm »
one of the reasons I'm recuiting programmers is because i know squat about the subject; care to explain to me what GB fidelity engine is/does?

@King Tetro: we're writing the scripts ourselves. in what language, though, I'm not sure yet.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 08:02:59 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
one of the reasons I'm recuiting programmers is because i know squat about the subject; care to explain to me what GB fidelity engine is/does?

@King Tetro: we're writing the scripts ourselves. in what language, though, I'm not sure yet.

Coded in GM; my fidelity engine basically tries to recreate principles from the GB zelda games, and implements elements from the newer Zelda games in such a way that it doesn't break the GB feel. The engine is called "pureLA".

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 08:12:12 pm »
@Mamor - Go for it! I wish you luck.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 09:27:39 am »
I plan to rid the game of the three enchanted arrows, and instead add in the three magic spells from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I'm not sure on this, but this idea's origins stem from most of the magic arrow puzzles relying on 3D)

You should check Lufia2 on the SNES if you need inspriation for 2d puzzles containing (burning) arrows.

YunaRikkuPaine

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 08:52:48 pm »

You should check Lufia2 on the SNES if you need inspriation for 2d puzzles containing (burning) arrows.
While I do not wish to be rude, (I am already planning to make sure I absolutely cannot make 2D puzzles for all the magic arrows before I scrap them, and thanks for the idea) I posted this in hopes of recuiting people to help me, not for advice on my ideas. I am only a spriter, and can't make this game by myself.

Padraig!

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 07:16:50 pm »
Hi hi hi.
It was about time I showed my face.

Kingknight

SiMelon
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 02:33:50 am »
  • The Hunter
Hey, I can program, sprite a bit, and compose midi!

Ventlo

ZOMBIE KILLIN' SPREE
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 04:37:18 pm »
I Found a Skull Kid sprite with and Without Majora's Mask.
It Is indeed a GB styled sprite :).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:40:56 pm by MC-Link »
BLOOD, GORE, LANGUAGE!- Everything a gamer needs... :3
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 11:53:59 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
MC-Link, this thread is quite old.  No need to bump it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 62 queries.

anything