Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Items TMC style  (Read 48824 times)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Zelda Items TMC style
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2013, 08:41:19 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Checking up earlier than I thought I would.
Wow. Only one person posted...  :-\
Well, then according to Whitay's suggestion, I'ma go with that. Turns out, that would have been my preferred method anyway. The checklist for the spritesheets (and links to them) will be in my signature. *goes to edit sig and continue with sprites*
Oh, and BTW, I re-ripped the TMC sprites, so prepare for version 8.0 of these sprites. Talley-ho!
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2013, 12:51:46 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
These all look really good to me, but I was wondering one thing. I know nothing of spriting, but why are all of the Sword crookedly off center with the handles?
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2013, 07:45:08 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
@Kienamaru: I re-ripped those sprites, and I found and addressed some problems with them. See the new TMC sprite sheet (link in my signature) for the changes. Eventually all of the edited sprites will be re-done with the updated palettes/sprites, so bear with me.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:46:46 am by Miles07 »
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:39 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Update 22 Jan 2013:
Got the second sheet done, this time it was FS (GBA). I've also managed to find a Tingle Tuner ROM that I've downloaded and from which I've successfully ripped the items anew... all within approximately the last 10 minutes (see time stamp of the post). Next, I plan on getting the FSA stuff ripped and posted (thereby not having to resort to crediting others for the rips themselves), and I should have the third sheet (FSA) done by the end of the week. G'day.

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2013, 11:39:33 pm »
Sounds good. Youve put alot a work into this and its great to see an awesome commitment! Keep us updated, love this project. But what are you ripping stuff for? Sorry if im behind on anything.:P

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2013, 01:04:57 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I'm ripping tiles and sprites myself so that I don't have to credit, like, 50 additional people for the many rips used in compiling the entire project (like what I did on the big sheet).  Also, so that I make sure I end up having the whole sprite correctly. I've basically almost ripped all of the base sprites needed, and am now just editing those base sprites to make the other items on the sheet.  If I revealed more about my work method, I'd have ta kill ya.  >:D Just kidding. But seriously.

EDIT: Oh, I re-read your question, Whitay, and I understood it differently. I'm ripping the objects / items that are in as many of the handheld Zelda game as I can so that I have the right sprites as bases for the rest of the TMC-styled sprites. Also as a sort of checklist of items. And thanks for the comments!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:11:25 am by Miles07 »

thestig

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2013, 01:25:10 am »
Miles, this is an impressive project. You deserve some recognition for considering that this is a huge effort. XD

I also commend you on your ability to keep track of everyone who deserves credit. That alone is impressive. I wish you good luck on pushing this forward. The Zelda community honestly has done a terrible job regarding the quality in terms of rips / custom sprites.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2013, 03:03:58 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
So what, they just rip loose sprites, don't organize them onto sheets, and instead rely on other resources like Spriter's Resource? Yeah, I've noticed that too.
As for my "ability to keep track of everyone who deserves credit", I just figured it's a good practice to keep, considering that it applies to work ethic as well. The right people deserve the right credit for what they have done, individually. Thanks, GM. :D

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2013, 10:39:39 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Okay, so I've encountered one sprite that I cannot decide is satisfactory or not: the wooden stick from LADX, which is also the base for the Deku Stick in the N64 games. Please help me select one of the following (or critique) should be the best candidate (or post a new one for me to use). 

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:05:50 pm by Miles07 »

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2013, 07:05:00 pm »
i like number three, but it just seems to messy for me. i think it needs a little cleanup, but thats the level of detail that i think looks the best.
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »
Okay, so I've encountered one sprite that I cannot decide is satisfactory or not: the wooden stick from LADX, which is also the base for the Deku Stick in the N64 games. Please help me select one of the following (or critique) should be the best candidate (or post a new one for me to use). 

I prefer number three out of all of them.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »
  • Idk
I did a quick cleanup on the deku stick. All I did was giving it a complete black outline, fixed some jaggies and gave it a less messier shade. Hope you like it :)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2013, 10:36:38 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I'll use the #2 design for the LA Wooden Stick, but Sinkin's sprite for the Deku Stick. That being said, LADX is about to be finished (see my sig in the next few minutes), bringing me to 33% done with v8.0 of the project. Yayz! Next, the Oracle games. From this point on, the rest should be easy IMO.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:44:42 pm by Miles07 »

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2013, 04:03:47 am »
Wow the LADX sprites look really great ;) You're doing a great job on this project.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:28:14 pm by Magic_Madness »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2013, 04:34:04 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Two points before leaving:
1) There once was a site project called Link's Awakening: Remake... The LADX sheet is STILL allowed to be used for that project (if anyone takes it back up again)!

2) If ANYONE sees problems or has issues with any of the sprites on the sheet, PLEASE POST OR P.M. ME AND LET ME KNOW! I can't read your mind, and certainly not with the internet in the way, so post if you see any problems with the sheet or if I am missing an item(*) from a game!

(*) The term "item" may be interpreted very loosely here; please view the other sheets that have been submitted thus far for examples of items and non-items the sheets can take. This also includes beta elements and other items hidden deep in the ROMs themelves!

EDIT: Also, thanks, Madness!  XD

EDIT2: Finally managed to get a GCN Emulator to work, so I'm ripping a few things from that. As such, the FSA section is about to be updated (v8.1). Also, I'm getting myself some sprites from Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and possibly even Skyward Sword too, so I won't need to rely so much on / credit others for simple rips (with exceptions of a few things that my CPU prevents me from getting...). Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:39:03 am by Miles07 »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2013, 08:57:56 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Okay, here's another sprite I'm having troubles with. it's the Goronade item from OoA.

Again, keeping in mind what the point of this project is, I'm trying to make a MC-styled sprite to fit this item (Original is #1). To me, it doesn't seem that much of a stretch to see that this sprite is in the shape of a bottle (#2), so I figure a bottle as the base sprite is the right way to go (#3). The three issues are as follows:
 - Firstly, the sprite looks quite ornate, with those leaf-like coverings on the bottle (reproduced in #4). The question here is whether or not to add those embellishments.
 - Secondly, the nature of the object itself presents a problem. The Goronade is a sports drink, so I figue it has to look like one, which is why I might need to add a cap common to most sports drinks (#5 with embellishments, #6 without). Again, would it be better with or without a cap?
 - Lastly, the color. I know that the sprite shows it to be blue, but using blue for the color of the liquid inside doesn't look right. Then again, it doesn't seem like ANY palette looks right. Well, I'd prefer the green liquid because it looks the most like a sports-drink color, but I'm putting it up for discussion.
Please help! This is, like, the last thing that I need in order to get the Oracle sprite sheet done!

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:19 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Okay, here's another sprite I'm having troubles with. it's the Goronade item from OoA.

Again, keeping in mind what the point of this project is, I'm trying to make a MC-styled sprite to fit this item (Original is #1). To me, it doesn't seem that much of a stretch to see that this sprite is in the shape of a bottle (#2), so I figure a bottle as the base sprite is the right way to go (#3). The three issues are as follows:
 - Firstly, the sprite looks quite ornate, with those leaf-like coverings on the bottle (reproduced in #4). The question here is whether or not to add those embellishments.
 - Secondly, the nature of the object itself presents a problem. The Goronade is a sports drink, so I figue it has to look like one, which is why I might need to add a cap common to most sports drinks (#5 with embellishments, #6 without). Again, would it be better with or without a cap?
 - Lastly, the color. I know that the sprite shows it to be blue, but using blue for the color of the liquid inside doesn't look right. Then again, it doesn't seem like ANY palette looks right. Well, I'd prefer the green liquid because it looks the most like a sports-drink color, but I'm putting it up for discussion.
Please help! This is, like, the last thing that I need in order to get the Oracle sprite sheet done!

i modified yours, and I think it looks great, hope it helps

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2013, 12:31:46 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!

Version 2. #s are the same, but #7 is Malefor's edit, and #8 is my edit with edits suggested by Colonel-Majora-777. Vote!

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2013, 09:16:06 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I love the new version but if you look at the original from OoA, it has two dots depicting eyes.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2013, 01:50:55 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
So, am I to use the #8 sprite but with the "eyes"?

BTW: LoZ is up and FSA is updated to v8.1. That's 40% done. After the OoX sheet, I'll work on the Wind Waker sprites (since they're so similar to the Minish Cap sprites) and the AoL sprite sheets (because it's relatively small). Afterward, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks would be easy to do by using TWW as the base for them both.
AFTER THAT, the N64 games are next, followed by Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Yay!

EDIT: Aw man, one more from OoA: the Funny Joke. What kind of icon should be used for that? The in-game sprite shows the comedian's bow-tie as the item, but he doesn't actually give Link the bow-tie! Ergh, that might have to be revisited eventually... for now, I give you the Funny Joke (bow-tie). (OoA/OoS sheet is up. Project is now 47% complete!)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:28:08 am by Miles07 »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 77 queries.