Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts  (Read 3180 times)

Re: Kingdom Hearts
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »
Did they work their asses off to try and make up for that by backtracking and saying "all this !@#$% was going on while you were playing the last game but you didn't know about it because we didn't actually decide to do it until months after we finished the first game?" Absolutely. It's a toss up.

As big a toss up as it is, Days is still a worthy installment, imo. At the very least, it helps to make CoM's story less alien.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, would you consider Birth By Sleep to be a toss up? I personally would not since it's set so long before the other games.

Whereas I don't think they had planned ANY of these games while they were creating the first game, I do think they thought more about Birth By Sleep during the production of KHII. Mostly what leads me to think that is the trailer at the end, but who knows if they created that before, during or after KHII was done. I agree that Days fleshed things out, but I also think they tried to stretch a short storyline over a long game by using repetitive missions to fill useless days.
  • My Photostream

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 09:50:06 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I'm pretty sure BBS is to explain how the Heartless were formed (since you fight the Unversed, new enemies, no heartless or Nobodies methinks), why Xemnas went evil, etc etc. Basically to explain the keyblades and the backstory to further emphasize things in the other four. Also, Kingdom Hearts: Coded does have relevance to the continuity of the series; look up the ending. It's on YouTube somewhere.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 07:30:26 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I agree that Days fleshed things out, but I also think they tried to stretch a short storyline over a long game by using repetitive missions to fill useless days.

Fuuuck yes I agree. D: There were far too many "go here, kill x number of Heartless/kill some giant Heartless/etc." missions. I would have much preferred them hit the highlights. Also, the lack of Larxene was a turn-off for me. I love Larxene.

I'm pretty sure BBS is to explain how the Heartless were formed (since you fight the Unversed, new enemies, no heartless or Nobodies methinks), why Xemnas went evil, etc etc.

They were also touched upon a fairly good amount in II, iirc.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 06:21:23 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Yeah, but backstory is always good. Plus, you get a weapon called the Delicious Tower. This is it:

See? Tell me that's not a cool keyblade! I think it's... Vent's ultimate or something.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 41 queries.