Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts  (Read 3153 times)

Dark-Hylian

Silence
Kingdom Hearts
« on: March 15, 2010, 07:52:33 pm »
The KH games, are they any good? They look pretty good, and a friend of mine, who's moved away now, had them, and I played them briefly. Are they worth buying? Has anyone played them? If so, please let me know =D.
  • Dawning Hour
Re: Kingdom Hearts
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:14:21 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I've only played Kingdom Hearts, KH: Chain of Memories, and KH: 358/2 Days.  They're pretty decent games.  The fighting gets a bit repetitive, but it doesn't get old too fast.  I wish the story had been entirely original instead of a weird mash-up though.  I like the original characters and basic concept.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 12:52:28 am »
I've been following the KH series for a while. I own and have beaten all the games. What I would say about the series is that you have to be a fan of Disney and / or Final Fantasy to truly enjoy them. [In my opinion] The very first game focuses solely on Disney and FF characters and the worlds they live in with an interesting story that made the child in me warm. From the first game on, they give "Kingdom Hearts" [the actual place] more of a story. They start mixing in their own characters and in a very short time, there is this whole whirlwind of a separate storyline. Almost every world is essentially a rehash of the original story of the game or movie. They're generally rushed and only focus on the very basic elements of the plot.

What KH offers is a fun battle system, lovable characters and easy gameplay.It really depends on what you're looking for. I enjoy them, but I think they butcher all of the Disney stories. Another feeling I get from the series is that they have NO !@#$% CLUE what they're plotline actually is, so they leave gaping holes in the plot just to fill them in during the next game so they don't get caught up in their own uncertainty. As the series has progresses, the story gets more and more confusing and makes less sense.

That was a bit more negative then I intended it to be.  XD
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:54:27 am by Sprite Collector »
  • My Photostream

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:07:25 am »
Yeah, I'm a big disney fan, well, Old Disney, not the new !@#$% they turn out, ie Hannah Montanna, Wizards of Waverly Place, etc. The real question I'm asking, is, because I don't have a Ps2, is, if I'm going to buy a game system, that's not a Wii or an Xbox, should I buy one that plays KH. Odd question, and as of now, the answer seems to be yes.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 03:09:13 am »
Haha I am, too. I have a collection.  :D
But it's definitely worth picking it. It's got some great gameplay.
  • My Photostream

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 04:20:15 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I have to agree completely with Sprite Collector here these are definitely worth a look.  I myself finally got around to getting a copy of KH 358/2 days and I am loving it. After those you have the next KH game coming out that has a bit of stuff thrown in there for fans of Star Wars.  It is a prequel to all the other KH games, but it looks kind of interesting.  Each of the characters in the game can be easily compared to a character in the Star Wars universe. LOL

As for a bit of advice on if you are going to have to buy a new gaming system for this game then here.  If you are going to buy a system regardless by all means get one that plays the KH series, but if you are still undecided and have a DS then get the KH game for DS and see if you like it first.  Good luck and have fun either way.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 04:09:35 pm »
  • b e p i s
If you ask me, only the first one is worth it. The story starts getting a little too "anime" for me in some of the later games, losing the Disney influence that gave the first game an original kind of flavor. Beyond that though, the later games in the series, at least based on my experience, are also too easy, whereas the first KH will KICK. YOUR. ASS.

If you don't have a PS2 already, I wouldn't buy it for KH, but if you happen to get one the game is probably cheap and worth a play.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 07:50:29 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I like the series as a whole. Even if you don't like the fact that you fight with a key, then think about how, at its core, it's a solid action-RPG. I honestly like how the Disney influence was reduced in later games, giving more of an original IP feel. Sure, you still visit Disney worlds, but the story gets better and more Square than Disney. Instead of OMG HE HAS TO SAVE THE PRINCESSES OF HEART AND ALL THEIR HEARTS ARE IN HIM OMG! it's more like Okay, so this Organization XIII is trying to get their own hearts because they have none, but they need to kill a lot of Heartless to do so and... 358/2 Days really helped to flesh out Organization XIII's goals, and show why they wanted it. I haven't had a chance to play Birth by Sleep (or Coded) yet, but I want to.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 03:29:32 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I would say yes. Also, in all honesty, I think 2 is better than 1 in basically every way, what with a more developed central story and vastly improved (read: flashier, combo-driven) combat. Sora's balls have also dropped by then, too, so that's a plus.

Anyway, I would recommend that you check out the entire series, especially 358/2 Days. It gives a lot of insight as to what happened between KH and KH2. I would also avoid Chain of Memories; it's extremely boring.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 03:52:49 am »
Anyway, I would recommend that you check out the entire series, especially 358/2 Days. It gives a lot of insight as to what happened between KH and KH2. I would also avoid Chain of Memories; it's extremely boring.
The story sucked... but Chain of Memories is my favourite 'cause I love the card system...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 03:56:35 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The story sucked... but Chain of Memories is my favourite 'cause I love the card system...

You seriously must be trolling <_< Beyond the Disney crap, KH has an incredibly complex and deep story. Even if you don't necessarily "like" the story, you still have to respect it's depth and how little it did suck.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 04:06:41 am »

I'd argue that the story was fairly engaging and that the card system was complete !@#$%.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 08:05:13 am »
I liked CoM's storyline, but the new DS title's story is waaaaaay too drawn out. There isn't much story there and the game could/should have been much shorter. I think the Dantz's comment about the general plot becoming too "anime" is really true. It's essentially what they did in Dirge of Cerberus - take some generic anime characters, make them glow and do cool things. Does it have ANYTHING to do with the original story? Absolutely not. Did they work their asses off to try and make up for that by backtracking and saying "all this !@#$% was going on while you were playing the last game but you didn't know about it because we didn't actually decide to do it until months after we finished the first game?" Absolutely. It's a toss up.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 09:20:46 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

I'd argue that the story was fairly engaging and that the card system was complete !@#$%.

I find myself agreeing with Source here. The card system totally ruined Chain of Memories for me. Besides playing CoM, I have played some KH2 but I never played the first KH (though I hear that it's good). Since I don't own KH2 (my brother has it), I haven't played into it very far, but I still like it much better than CoM (which I played pretty far into, until I couldn't stand it). If it weren't for the card system, I'm sure I'd like CoM a lot more, because I did get into the story a bit.

I'd say, avoid Chain of Memories, but go for the others. You can always rent and test them too. ;)
  • My Music
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 01:24:46 pm »

You seriously must be trolling <_< Beyond the Disney crap, KH has an incredibly complex and deep story. Even if you don't necessarily "like" the story, you still have to respect it's depth and how little it did suck.
Well, maybe I used the word "sucked" loosely, but I really disliked CoM's story.  I don't understand why people don't like the card system though...

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 02:22:14 pm »
  • b e p i s

You seriously must be trolling <_< Beyond the Disney crap, KH has an incredibly complex and deep story.

We could probably argue over the meaning "complex and deep" for hours :/
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 08:22:08 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
The thing about Chain of Memories is that all the plot points are explained in KH2's opening cinema, and anything left unexplained by that is explained by playing through. 358/2 Days fleshes out the background behind CoM as well, being that it takes place before, through, and after CoM. BBS takes place before the first game. The card system in CoM takes a little getting used to, but it works. I still prefer KH2 the most; drive forms are great. Especially Final Form. Plus, it has Scrooge, so that means it wins automatically.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 08:38:36 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

You seriously must be trolling <_< Beyond the Disney crap, KH has an incredibly complex and deep story.

We could probably argue over the meaning "complex and deep" for hours :/

Probably.

By Complex I mean "A lot of !@#$% going on."

and by Deep I mean "You really need to focus to understand it."
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 10:33:13 pm »
To show you how much I love KH, I made a couple fan amvs...lol

Here's one, old as hell though
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zppRED_l_LY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zppRED_l_LY</a>

God...not only were they great games but life was better back then too...*cry* j/k
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 03:17:37 am »
Did they work their asses off to try and make up for that by backtracking and saying "all this !@#$% was going on while you were playing the last game but you didn't know about it because we didn't actually decide to do it until months after we finished the first game?" Absolutely. It's a toss up.

As big a toss up as it is, Days is still a worthy installment, imo. At the very least, it helps to make CoM's story less alien.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, would you consider Birth By Sleep to be a toss up? I personally would not since it's set so long before the other games.

(!@#$%)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 77 queries.

anything