Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! [with Screenshots & video!]  (Read 118449 times)

Re: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter ...
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2012, 06:49:57 am »
If you could somehow implement diagonal movement, I would be happy, otherwise, I am very sad, because this entire project would be superb if it allowed for that kind of free movement. But without it, I would personally find it unbearable to play with. But dang, it does look amazing.

Diagonal Movement was always part of PZE. All the 8 directions of movement are here. Up, Down, Left, Right, Upright, Downright, Upleft, Downleft. :)
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2012, 08:54:03 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Diagonal Movement was always part of PZE. All the 8 directions of movement are here. Up, Down, Left, Right, Upright, Downright, Upleft, Downleft. :)

Sorry, that was the impression I got from watching the video in the op. I tried to play the game but got an error, so I could only go by what I saw in the video. Long story short, I finally got the game working when I realized that RPG Maker XP was required to play the game (I thought it was possible to simply gather certain required .dll files, because I thought I had done this in the past, yet it didn't work out this time).

Anyway, I now see that there is 8-directional movement, BUT, it's grid-locking. I personally can't understand how anyone can stand movement like this for an action-based RPG. It works fine for a turn-based, but this is not turn-based because it is Zelda. All GB/GBA Zelda and ALttP games have much more free movement mechanics, without grid-locking. The problem I have is that it just feels like Link should move the same as any other Zelda (after Z1, of course), but it doesn't, and it feels wrong, like I don't have the amount of control I should have. Is there any way you can eliminate the grid-locking?? If you could do that, then you would be THE king of RPG Maker, for sure. The difference would be night and day.

Maybe I'm the only one, but this problem is the game killer for me. And as I said before, it's sad because everything about this is superb besides the grid-locking movement.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:56:38 am by Frozen炎 »
  • My Music

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2012, 03:09:37 pm »
  • You can find me on Deviantart to! :D
Frozen, im not going to complain about your whining, you couldnt know, but they have a website, and i know they will eventually implement pixel movement. If they obtain a good script or scripter or something. I just know they intend to do so if they can. if there comes a scripter a bit late, then i tihnk theyll implement it in update 5. However, it seems to look a bit bad for the rpoject right now...
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

Heres my Deviantart: http://arceusrules98.deviantart.com/

Wiki page:http://wiki.zfgc.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Time_Collapse

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2012, 03:17:42 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Frozen, im not going to complain about your whining, you couldnt know, but they have a website, and i know they will eventually implement pixel movement. If they obtain a good script or scripter or something. I just know they intend to do so if they can. if there comes a scripter a bit late, then i tihnk theyll implement it in update 5. However, it seems to look a bit bad for the rpoject right now...

Regardless, I think it's still important for everyone to state their opinion on this engine. Even if the website says that the game will eventually implement free movement, it doesn't really matter. People need to say what they like and dislike throughout development to enforce features that are truly important. Who knows, maybe after Frozen's comment, they'll implement free movement faster due to somebody complaining about it. Everyone's voice is important regardless of this.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2012, 07:15:49 pm »
They... Dont have enough scripters who knows ruby and may split up. They may never be able to get that script. But they keep their spirits up, and are only freezing their project temporarily. I really wish for this project. I know im over dramatic though :P
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2012, 07:28:59 pm »
The reason in the video you see only 4 directions instead of 8, is because our fellow team member, Chakanevil, who recorded the video, had some troubles using the sensor in his Laptop. It had nothing to do with PZE. He promised he will upload a new, better video.
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2012, 07:46:22 pm »
Yay another video! WOOT WOOT

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2012, 10:22:55 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

I apologize for "whining". That was not my intention. There is a lot of information and a ton of screenshots that makes it hard to see all the info, or know where it is, so I didn't even realize there was a website that talked about the plans for pixel movement. As I said, I am impressed with this project. I just wanted to be helpful and point out what I believe is holding it back the most from becoming a better project. I'm sorry if I appeared to be whining in the process.

I hope you understand, SilentResident. I appreciate the hard work your team has put into this already. Even without the pixel movement being implemented yet, it stands as the best thing that I've seen come out of RPG Maker.
  • My Music

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2012, 12:24:54 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

I apologize for "whining". That was not my intention. There is a lot of information and a ton of screenshots that makes it hard to see all the info, or know where it is, so I didn't even realize there was a website that talked about the plans for pixel movement. As I said, I am impressed with this project. I just wanted to be helpful and point out what I believe is holding it back the most from becoming a better project. I'm sorry if I appeared to be whining in the process.

I hope you understand, SilentResident. I appreciate the hard work your team has put into this already. Even without the pixel movement being implemented yet, it stands as the best thing that I've seen come out of RPG Maker.

Frozen, you weren't whining :P you were simply stating what you felt about the game. That doesn't discredit the work done at all.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2012, 01:04:01 am »
haha, no worries guys! Feel free to ask - glad to answer more questions about PZE and its features/capabilities. I may provide you with pictures of the engine if that helps. :)

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2012, 07:33:37 am »
It where just taking how you said something and raised it to the ridicilous. Like saying somebody who brags is the king of superiority or something. XD Im just glad i could tell you, since you didnt know. However, silent, is it easy to set destination points? Like, when i enter a door and arrives at anther door? How do you dfo that?

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2012, 06:19:20 pm »
I improved abit the sprites of the Bomb Flowers in PZE after I saw how awkward and dull they looked, compared to the Bomb Flowers on some other Zelda games/remakes I found today on the internet:

Of course, the PZE users will find both versions of Bomb Flowers in PZE, and pick up the one that suites them better for their games:

It may be improved further, if possible. ^_^
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2012, 06:26:10 pm »
is it easy to set destination points? Like, when i enter a door and arrives at anther door? How do you dfo that?

This image is selfexplanatory. Click the door of a house, room or building to set the teleport options, parameters and destination.

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2012, 11:21:48 am »
So, every door has its own name when you place it? Cause in direct appointment it seems the doors got names. Or do i have to name the doors myself? Or wait, is a door an event, and the destination in front of another door, wich in turn is an event to go back to the old door, or another, a third door? Nevertheless, i suspect direct appointment is for doors, and apoint with variables is for the overworld where there are no doors. Right?

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2012, 04:37:01 pm »
Hello! Today was a nice day, the team is back to work and we finished some work in the Project Zelda Engine.

1) The Swimming System is now complete!
The visual equipment glitch while swimming, has been fixed. Now we now only have to set up the Swimming settings for each of Link's mask forms (Goron, Deku, etc)! :)

2) The Bomb Flower's mechanism and graphic have been improved further!
The Bomb Flowers will now react to any harmful sword hits or bomb explosions, which will cause the Bomb Flowers to explode too!
This means that the gamers will need to be careful when fighting enemies near a bomb flower, as triggering an accidental explosion may kill him especially if he is low in health.

This opens up a thousand of new possibilities for puzzles in your Zelda games! :)

EDIT:
So, every door has its own name when you place it? Cause in direct appointment it seems the doors got names. Or do i have to name the doors myself? Or wait, is a door an event, and the destination in front of another door, wich in turn is an event to go back to the old door, or another, a third door? Nevertheless, i suspect direct appointment is for doors, and apoint with variables is for the overworld where there are no doors. Right?
Yeah. Every new event (such as door, shrub, rock, etc) you place on a map, has its own, unique ID number - in the picture's case, you see Door being given the ID number #47, which helps you to find the door easily, if you ever search for it, later. Also another way to find it is by it's name - You are free to give the door any name you like - much like I did, who I named it with the plain and boring "Transfer to Another Map" because it explains the gamers that this door transfers them to the inside of the house, which is a different map. But you can name it "Link's house door" or whatever. :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:39:37 pm by SilentResident »

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2012, 01:25:16 pm »
:D Youre amazing Silent! I dont know why i accidentally writes Silent Realm instead of Silent Resident sometiems :x
Second question, is it possible to edit the layer wich show the time. Can i have another sun or another moon?

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2012, 02:50:23 pm »
MetalZelda's effort to add portraits of items to the messages, inspired the team and so we accepted the idea!

The idea is based on the display of items in message boxes, much like in the official Zelda games such as Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:

Now, in Project Zelda Engine the messages have been re-worked to display the Item within the message box!:

Of course the image can be modified to display whatever else you like, such as 3D models of those items found in the official Zelda games, provided that you have the resources (They won't come with PZE):

Thanks to Metal Zelda for the inspiration and to Chakanevil for the persuasion :P

EDIT:
:D Youre amazing Silent! I dont know why i accidentally writes Silent Realm instead of Silent Resident sometiems :x
Second question, is it possible to edit the layer wich show the time. Can i have another sun or another moon?
Aything you see in Project Zelda Engine, are in the form of image files! You can edit ANYTHING in the game, as long as you know how to open and edit .PNG files. Simple and clear isn't it?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:57:16 pm by SilentResident »

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2012, 08:32:39 pm »
Can the moon change phases? Can i animate it like that?

« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2012, 11:07:37 am »

Seriously now. Seriously. What Moon and its phases have to do in a top-view 2D game? :D You rarely see the sky in such games lol :P
Unless you mean the moon icon on the clock?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:02:44 pm by SilentResident »

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2012, 04:08:50 pm »

Seriously now. Seriously. What Moon and its phases have to do in a top-view 2D game? :D You rarely see the sky in such games lol :P
Unless you mean the moon icon on the clock?
Yes, yes i mean the icon :P But lol anyway. I think i could want a bit advanced time system where people do different things every day of the week, month and the moon phases has some influence. Can i somehow set how long a day is? And i think i should use the season system of Pokemon white and black, if seasons are in, But i havent seen a video of it so i doubt it. Its not that necesarry anyway. I suspect that time perhaps does not flow in cities and towns. Or does it?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 75 queries.

anything