Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda: The Mask of Sheikah Enviroment  (Read 3076 times)

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
Zelda: The Mask of Sheikah Enviroment
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:19:45 pm »
  • Idk
As you guys know, I'm working on a project called The Legend of Zelda: The Mask of Sheikah. I got a story and all, but I need help with the enviroment. The enviroment in this game is going to be like Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask mixed together. But here is the question; what do I need to have in this game for the enviroment to get it to feel like Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask? Such as NPC's and fields? I really want to know what you guys think, before I start to tile some fields to the game.  :)

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: Zelda: The Mask of Sheikah Enviroment
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:22:43 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Make Hyrule Castle the center of the game-world, as it signifies how it plays an important role in unifying the land. Also, forests, ranches, villages and the like. :)

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:25:58 pm »
  • Idk
It's actually one thing that I had in mind to do. But still how should the Hyrule Castle Town Market look like and Lon Lon Ranch? Look's like I need a spriter for this project.  :o

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:07:33 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
For the market I'd have one central area with many alleyways and backroads filled with obscure shops.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 10:08:31 pm »
  • Idk
For the market I'd have one central area with many alleyways and backroads filled with obscure shops.

Sounds like a good idea.  :)
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 03:44:07 am »
  • Minalien
While this is something that will be much more challenging to implement than a simple "here's the town", I would suggest having the town of Hyrule be a large place, surrounding Hyrule Castle on all sides, with several different "districts" (market district, noble district, etc) separating parts of the city.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 06:55:17 am »
  • .越//
While this is something that will be much more challenging to implement than a simple "here's the town", I would suggest having the town of Hyrule be a large place, surrounding Hyrule Castle on all sides, with several different "districts" (market district, noble district, etc) separating parts of the city.

like the old community project idea...

but for somthing like that i have (again) a good example from the game gothic 2 ;)

The Green Zone has Markets ( like fish ), ship-maker, an inn and some poor people and shipmen

The Blue Zone has a Market for "far east", weapons and expensive stuff, it as a small praying place, a gallow, some rich shops ( like smiths ) and access to the barracks

Both of them are accessible when you get into the city...

The last part ( red) is the rich district, where you just can access if you're a more famous man of the city

maybe the ingame map gives you some ideas

and for the lon lon ranch, you could make it one of a few ranches around the city like: lonlon makes milk and horses, another makes corn like a "corncorn ranch" xD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:25:07 am »
  • Idk
I can see what I can come up with, when it comes to the Hyrule Town. But still, how should the enviroment look like outside the Hyrule Castle/Town? Like Temples, Villages, and overall the Hyrule Field? NPC's?  :P

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:29:10 am »
  • .越//
try:

- Farms ( like said )
- Starting village?
- temples for each goddess?
- ancient ruins and caves as dungeons?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 10:43:00 am »
  • Idk
As for the farms; I think I'll go with only one farm. Lon Lon Ranch. And the starting village; The name of it is kinda hard to come up with. But otherwise I can start to work on it now. The temples I think should be in the game so far is; Fire, Water, Grass, Desert and Ice. But what kind of races will there be at these locations? Like the Zora race lives to hold the Water Temple.   
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 12:22:40 pm »
Well, it all depends on the story you want to tell. I think you should build your world as you write your story. You start at the beginning and let events unfold and you add a new area with the progression of the story. The same is with the races, but consider the more races you've got the more you have to explain.

But to start the story you can begin with a sketch. Most basic is an open field or grass area connecting all the other areas. You could put Hyrule Castle and Hyrule Town in the middle of it yes. Other often recurring areas are: Lake Hylia, Death Mountain and Lost Woods. Although sometimes named different.

The temples:
Fire -> Gorons, Dragons, Rito (because it probably will be on a mountain), fire creatures, Subrosians
Water -> Zora, fishmen, boatmen, Tokay
Grass -> Well anything you like. (Forest -> Kokiri, Koroks, Minish, Skullkids), Deku scrubs
Desert -> Gerudo, bokoblin, Garo, Zuna
Ice -> Yook, Anouki, Tokay, Yeti

Hylians and Humans can be put anywhere.

But I suggest you make your main story with side stories and see where that leads you.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 01:23:35 pm »
  • Idk
Sounds like I'm going to do a map now. I'm currently working on Lake Hylia now so, let's see how this turns out.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 03:35:11 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Well you can try making a skecth of the world map lol, thats what I did.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 64 queries.

anything