Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Twilight's Edge  (Read 2360 times)

Dark-Hylian

Silence
Legend of Zelda: Twilight's Edge
« on: January 10, 2010, 05:36:11 am »
Legend of Zelda: Twilight's Edge

Preface:

In the beginning, before the goddesses blessed the earth with their bountiful gifts, the gifts of life, of law, and of magic. Where they left for the heavens, a sacred relic was left in their place, an artifact to grant one's wishes. That... is the story we have heard. Now, a new history is overturned, shattering the ideals that the world of Hyrule holds dear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Darkness howled. The light pierced it's arm like a sword. Staggering forward, the ominous Shadow bared it's ghostly fangs. Nayru bound his arms with blue magic, attempting to stop his advance. Unfortunately, the Old God was too strong, snapping the vines of liquid sapphire with ease. Din twirled higher above, celestial fire raining down on the Behemoth. The triangle pattern on it's brow glowed a sickly gold, and the shadows erupted from it's eyes. Reaching out, they lashed at the goddesses. Nayru was slammed to the ground. Farore raised cliffs and dug gorges, attempting to keep the Shadow from reaching the three. The three were weak, and the Ancient One was stronger than they ever could be. As a last resort, the three combined energies, the three matching the cursed symbol that be-wrote the creature's forehead. By stooping to the demonic power, they managed to escape. The Shadow was trapped, sealed forever inside the Relic, which they deemed too dangerous to be left alone. Using the remainder of their powers, they sealed it in a guarded dimension, hidden within the catacombs of a protected temple. The temple was then buried deep into the earth. Hoping that the new life which they were sure would come would never discover it, the goddesses fled for the heavens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the ages, slowly, agonizingly tediously, the Old One recovered it's consciousness. The new races which inhabited the goddesses' world of Hyrule venture near the battlefield, and eventually erected a new temple above the place where the Old One lay. Sensing that the time was at hand, the Shadow corrupted a human, using it as an avatar to venture the world. Passing from human to human, the soul of the Old God finally found an adequate host. A gerudo king was born, and soon after, possessed. The Old God imbued the body with his own demonic powers, and the gerudo by the name of Ganondorf was granted eternal life and wicked black magics. But, that is a legend that has been told many times before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the gerudo pawn sealed away in the Realm of Light, the Shadow was forced to bide it's time. Gradually, through possesion of able bodied men, the Old One attempted to unearth the forgotten temple. Hundreds upon hundreds of years passed, and as the land around it changed, the ruined and decrepit temple resurfaced. Refurbished, it was turned into a chapel to the goddesses. The Old God was not going to take this chance lying down, and reached out again to the human world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The corrupted zealots were driven insane by the whisperings of the ancient being. They devoted themselves, under the cover of Divine Worship to the Trio, to releasing and manifesting the Demon beneath their very feet. Another host came along, which the Old One picked for his vessel until the time came. However, this man was strong in will and spirit. The powers of immortality and magic bestowed upon him, but the whispers assaulting his mind, the man fought the influence. Using magics of his own devising, he drove the assailant from his mind, although not after a mind-breaking mental conflict. This man was made blind from the combat in his mind, but the magics and power he retained. Once the other zealots found out what had happened, they attacked him. However, using spectacular sword skill, and magic from the Shadow, the blind man escaped. He hid himself away, and devoted himself to training others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Show content
The blind man trained many elites, and named them the Sheikah. He led the Clan in the protection of the king and his family, whom had taken control of the majority of Hyrule. Using the arts passed down from the blind man, they protected the Royal Family for many years. However, over the years, the story turned to legend, and like the truth, the Blind Swordsman faded into the background.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cultists were mostly wiped out during the battle for the Blind Swordsman's escape, but slowly, they rebuilt their ranks, and learned Necromancy, wicked magic of the foulest kind, and hoped to employ it to revive the Entity below the Surface. However, they needed the blood of the Oracles, those blessed by the goddesses. These Oracles had secluded themselves after a failed attempt long previous. These Oracles were granted a fraction of the respective goddesses' powers, and thus, lived forever. The cultists began the endeavor of searching for these Oracles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story begins when our hero finds the Oracle Farore, being attacked, in the Lost Woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geography:

New Hyrule: The land of all peoples and races today.

Hyrule Castle Town: The largest human city, with a town surrounding.

Hyrule Plains: A vast expanse of fields and rolling hills. A farm or two can be found here.

Kokiri Forest: The home of the Kokiri, it has changed much since the time of the Hero of Time.

Forest of Whispers: An eeiry forest, connected to Lake Hylia.

Deku Swamp: The home of the Deku race, murky, and the large plantlife-spires hold up several monuments.

Lake Hylia: Home to the Zoras, who live in seclusion beneath the waves, and the fabled Tower of Mirrors in the center of the lake, where the Oracle Nayru resides. A coal mine drills into the wall of Mount Glaciers, next to the Glacier Falls. There is a Lakeside and Submerged Observatory.

Mount Glices: A frozen mountain, where a race of ice people resides. Gorons as well have made their homes there. Blizzards and white wolfos are major threats here.

Death Mountain: Now that the center of the volcano has collapsed due to frequent eruptions, the Gorons venture down deep into the volcano. However, due to recent volcanic activity, the mines below the living areas have been abandoned.
Show content
It is rumored that another race lives deep below even the mines.

Forgotten Desert: A wasteland of sand and blazing sun. Said to be home to the Oracle Din, whom the Gerudos seem to have built and Altar to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because Twilight's Edge is a mask type object, it is possible that other masks will be available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All bosses and minibosses that are mine, are mine. You may not take without asking. Thank you.

Dungeons:
(Edit: Since I've never done this, is it okay to just keep editing and adding to one main post?)

Forest Temple: A ruined, ivy infested temple.
Show content
Miniboss: Moss Entity: Tengle (A pile of vines and moss that tries to eat you.)
Item:
Boss: Ivy Queen: Errusa (A room covered in sentient Ivy, with an eye and mouth that controls it.)

Goron Mines: Lava filled caverns.
Show content
Miniboss: Dodongo (Not really a miniboss, but you've never fought one before)
Item: Bomb Bag
Boss: Lava Titan: Morganus (Giant stone/lava monster who tries to smash you)

Catacombs: Underneath the Boneyard.
Show content
Miniboss: Poe Reaper (Like a TP poe)
Item: Bow
Boss: Living Shadow: Tora Taro (Kind of like Bongo Bongo, but it has shadowy tentacles that attack you in a stage like MM's Gyorg.)

Farore's Terrace: Home of Farore.
Show content
Miniboss: Freja (Elemental Protecter made of plants)
Item: none
Boss: Corrupted Farore (You don't beat her, she, being puppetteered, escapes.

Temple of Time part 1.
Show content
Miniboss: None
Item: Master Sword
Boss: Cultist Zealot (A darknut with no little power and excellent sword skills)

Glacier Peak: Icy Dungeon on a Mountain.
Show content
Miniboss: Swarm of Freezerobes
Item: Fire Arrows
Boss: Icicle Being: Carsis (Like Blizzetta, but slides around the floor attempting to crush you.)
Song: Howl of the Peaks (Makes wolfos non attacky, and used to train with Lunos).

Deku Sanctuary: Swamp Temple.
Show content
Miniboss: Gecko (The frog in the bubble)
Item:
Boss: Odolwa (Jungle Warrior)
Song: Sonata of Mists (creates a fog / dispells fog)

Temple Beneath the Waves: Underwater Temple.
Show content
Miniboss: A Gyorg (MM style, but smaller)
Item:
Boss: Imprisoned Serpent: Hydrox (A water serpent, similar to Morpheel, but more snakelike.)
Song: Echo of the Deep (Creates Rain / Ceases Rain.)

Tower of Mirrors: Home of Nayru.
Show content
Miniboss: Mirryr Room (A room lined with Mirryrs, attacking simultaniously).
Item: None
Boss: Materialized Shadow: Dark Link
Song: Call of the Hearth (Reminds one of their home)

Show content
Subbrosian Temple: A temple in the Magma world of Subbrosia.
Show content
Miniboss: Corrupted Subbrosian (An axe weilding Subbrosian.)
Item:
Boss: Volcanic Spirit: Rangas (A lava dragon, asimilar to Volvagia.)
Song: Warmth of the Mountain (??????????)

Desert Fortress: A Gerudo Village / Temple.
Show content
Miniboss: Gerudo Battle-Maiden (Like in OOT, when you free the workers.)
Item: Pegasus Boots
Boss: Gerudo Queen: Nabooru (the Third. Same as miniboss, but harder.)
Song: Ballad of the Sands (?????????)

Arbiter's Grounds: A corrupted jail, skeleton infested.
Show content
iniboss: Harken (Sword weilding poe.)
Item:
Boss: Skeletal Remains: Stallox (A set of Dinosaur bones, much like stallord. May turn into Stallord.)
Song: Beckon of the Grave (??????????)

Desert Colossus / Din's Altar: Home of Din.
Show content
Miniboss: Lizalfos duo.
Boss: Serpent Warrior: Nagissa (A snake woman, wielding two barbed swords.)
Song: Melody of the Gods.

Show content
Temple of Time: Part 2.
The cultists have the 3 oracles, and have ventured down and freed the evil.
Miniboss: Cultist Zealot and 2 Cultist Ritualists (A Darknut and two Mage types).
Miniboss: Horde of Wiz/Fire/Freeze Robes.
            Arboretum:
                           Miniboss: Elemental Guardian
                           Boss: Shadow Farore: Great Shadow's Puppet.
            Aquarium:
                         Miniboss: Two Headed-Sea Serpent
                         Boss: Shadow Nayru: Great Shadow's Puppet.
            Volcanic Diorama:
                                    Miniboss: Lava Titan
                                    Boss: Shadow Din: Great Shadow's Puppet.
Realm of Light:
Boss: Ganondorf (Sword Fight).

Realm of Light and Shadows:
Boss: Shadow God (Weak).

Realm of Shadows:
Boss: The Old God: Sword Fight.

SECRET DUNGEON

Show content
Isle of Wolves:
Miniboss: Silver Wolfos
Boss: Lunos
Purpose: Teaches Sword Skills.
[/s]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Style: Minish Cap / Custom

Music: ALTTP / AoL / LA / Custom

Controls: Minish Cap / OOT / Custom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Edit)

Unique (Hopefully) Gamplay quirks.

Targeting System - like in OOT.

Unique Swimming / Diving System, including underwater adventures.

Several New Items, (Hopefully) never before seen.

A Couple... Hidden Dungeons.

Unique Sword Skills.

Several Sidequests: Including... Chase the
Show content
Subbrosian!

A Day - Night Cycle.

Z-target Combat.

and many others!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Progress:
(Basics)
Movement Engine
Sword Engine
Roll Engine
Swim Engine
Rupee Engine
Health Engine
Ammo Engine
Weapons and Items Engine
Inventory Engine
Save / Load Engine
Target System Engine
Climbing Engine
Enemy Intelligence Engine
Enemy Health Engine
Pick Up / Throw Engine

THEN DEMO!!! (And I'll move it outta concepts.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That will be all. Thank you.

(Edit)

Added a kind of messy Title Screen.

(End Edit)
(Edit: Items have been removed because someone asked me if they could use them, and proceeded too without my concent. As well, I've struck through the dungeons, hopefully to help prevent the same thing from happening with bosses and concepts as well. Jerk who stole my stuff, you shall pay. End Edit)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:26:54 pm by Dark-Hylian »
  • Dawning Hour

ZoruRevived89

~Sage of Spriting~ :O
Re: Legend of Zelda: Twilight's Edge
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 05:59:43 am »
  • Zoru has returned :0
Wow, I'm really digging the story. Nicely told! And I love the backstory for Ganondorf. Also, the ice bombs sounds really cool. I can't wait to see where this project goes! Good luck :)

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:08:34 am »
Thank you, I will try my hardest. I'm incredibly happy with the backstory / plot too. I think that this will be a really fun game to make  XD

Edit:

Plus, I'm coming up with substitutes for some, and adding new and ingenious items. *Devil Cackle*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:31:23 am by Dark-Hylian »
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:55:39 am »
Wow, the story is really awesome. And 12 temples suggest that this will be a lengthy game. Success with making it.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 02:15:00 pm »
Yup, thanks. And I'm really glad you like it.

Edit.

Wtf happened with the dungeon spoilers. Hmm, it didn't seem to work like it was supposed to.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:41:34 pm by Dark-Hylian »
  • Dawning Hour
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 44 queries.