Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you smoke?If so,why?  (Read 14000 times)

Re: Do you smoke?If so,why?
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2007, 09:44:30 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Guinness = best beer ever. apart from a Cobra with your curry :P
I agree, although Sol is great with curry if there isn't any Cobra around :)

OMG Sol is a beer too? Jai get your ass down here now.

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2007, 09:45:21 pm »
Okay I'm gonna go completely off topic here, but 100 replies on drugs, Alcohol and Smoking.. Were gonne get some drug rings coming here from searches on Google XD.

Back on topic;

Also, Don't drugs !@#$% with your mind, as in make you feel like you NEED the drug, as if its a survival type of thing? Kicking a habit when your mind makes you think you must have it is harder then just kicking a Nicotine addiction...
Yes drugs like cocaine do that (and nicotine, and drinking I think), they form a physical addiction.  Marijuanna however HAS NO PHYSICAL ADDICTION.  You can only form a "mental addiction" which is a concious thought-based addiction.  things like cocaine can give you withdrawl, but weed has no withdrawl.

This topic has gone in so many different directions I forgotten which drugs were talking of and what the whole point of it was...

Nicotine and Alcohol addictions don't do that to your mind, instead of making you think you NEED it, they just make you want it.
Like a 6 year old to sex.
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2007, 09:57:45 pm »
  • *whistle*
DRINKING CAN KILL YOU.  You can die the fuckin' FIRST time you drink infact.  Drinking in large amounts then going to sleep can actually make your heart STOP. Then of course there's the liver damage.

True, but there's always uhm... moderation? Yeah, that's the one. :P

WEED CAN'T KILL YOU.  Unless it's actually PCP-coated-oregano, and in that case it's not weed <_<.  Or if you like... choke yourself on weed or are allergic to it or something.  Yes, constantly smoking could probably give you some lung disease, but Im' not talking about smoking every 10 minutes.  Weed isn't something you would smoke as often as cigarettes either <_<

Weed carries basically all of the same associated health risks as smoking... not to mention the effects it has on reaction times, perception, co-ordination, etc. In that regard, it's even worse than alcohol.

I'm not saying "don't drink it's bad for you", I'm saying, don't say "i dun smok wed its bad 4 u, i drink", because drinking is far worse.

Hardly....

Also, Don't drugs !@#$% with your mind, as in make you feel like you NEED the drug, as if its a survival type of thing? Kicking a habit when your mind makes you think you must have it is harder then just kicking a Nicotine addiction...
Yes drugs like cocaine do that (and nicotine, and drinking I think), they form a physical addiction.  Marijuanna however HAS NO PHYSICAL ADDICTION.  You can only form a "mental addiction" which is a concious thought-based addiction.  things like cocaine can give you withdrawl, but weed has no withdrawl.

Cocaine has no chemical addiction; not to mention that the way the drug works, doing it more often than every other month or so is just retarded. It uses up a 3-4 month supply of endorphins in one go; therefore, more cocaine doesn't mean more high. What people are addicted to are the endorphins (which is, to an extent, natural) not the cocaine itself. They associate the cocaine with the endorphin rush, even though they aren't the same.

Guinness = best beer ever. apart from a Cobra with your curry :P
I agree, although Sol is great with curry if there isn't any Cobra around :)

OMG Sol is a beer too? Jai get your ass down here now.

That sounds so gay and yet if he was alcoholic, I would actually drink him. <__<

Not to mention that Jai is actually an Indian name anyway. o.O

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2007, 10:41:08 pm »
  • IBV
DRINKING CAN KILL YOU.  You can die the fuckin' FIRST time you drink infact.  Drinking in large amounts then going to sleep can actually make your heart STOP. Then of course there's the liver damage.

And there's nothing like that for weed? People can still refrain from doing stuff that they shouldn't do in their current condition. The point is however that alcohol has the potential to be just as dangerous, so why is it anything different? Why is one legal and the other not. Either they should both be legal, or both illegal.

WEED CAN'T KILL YOU.  Unless it's actually PCP-coated-oregano, and in that case it's not weed <_<.  Or if you like... choke yourself on weed or are allergic to it or something.  Yes, constantly smoking could probably give you some lung disease, but Im' not talking about smoking every 10 minutes.  Weed isn't something you would smoke as often as cigarettes either <_<

Weed carries basically all of the same associated health risks as smoking... not to mention the effects it has on reaction times, perception, co-ordination, etc. In that regard, it's even worse than alcohol.
Like I said, you obviously refrain from doing stuff that needs those abilities. Just like you have to be responsible when you are going home after that party on the other side of the city after consuming alcohol you have to be responsible after being high. It all comes down to make a judgment whether your capable to, for example, drive. Even if you have just drunk a tiny little bit of alcohol you should probably not drive home, preferably not even the day after either. If you have been high the latest week you shouldn't drive either, at all. But if you however do judge yourself capable to drive you're still responsible for your actions (just like in "normal" state). If you do drive and accidentally kill someone, you ought to be responsible for that, but not because you're on drugs, but because of your judgment of your capabilities (and if the drug ruins that too, then you should probably have someone looking after you).

I'm not saying "don't drink it's bad for you", I'm saying, don't say "i dun smok wed its bad 4 u, i drink", because drinking is far worse.

Hardly....
Everything has pros and cons. It's not right to just say any of the drugs are "bad" or "good" or "neutral". They all have pros and cons (and it should be up to oneself to measure the weight of these pros and cons in a personal perspective). (This was an answer to both of you)
My signature is empty.
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2007, 10:48:42 pm »
  • :D
Cocaine has no chemical addiction; not to mention that the way the drug works, doing it more often than every other month or so is just retarded. It uses up a 3-4 month supply of endorphins in one go; therefore, more cocaine doesn't mean more high. What people are addicted to are the endorphins (which is, to an extent, natural) not the cocaine itself. They associate the cocaine with the endorphin rush, even though they aren't the same.

Whether or not it's "technically" the neurotransmitters, it's still COCAINE.

Another factor in the reinforcement of cocaine use lies in the fact that after cocaine administration, dopamine levels fall significantly below normal, pre-consumption levels (8) p.1272. The user therefore feels a "low," and the immediate response to alleviate this low is to take another hit of cocaine to again raise the level. Such behavior is referred to as a "binge," when a user continuously takes hits of cocaine to recover from ensuing lows (3) p.158. This demonstrates the "loss of control in limiting intake" aspect of the definition of addiction.
-http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro01/web1/Farrenkopf.html

^^ When you take a hit of cocaine, the low makes you want more.  It's not really a "choice".  The cocaine itself is addictive WHILE you do it.
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2007, 10:59:32 pm »
  • *whistle*

And there's nothing like that for weed? People can still refrain from doing stuff that they shouldn't do in their current condition. The point is however that alcohol has the potential to be just as dangerous, so why is it anything different? Why is one legal and the other not. Either they should both be legal, or both illegal.

One of the major differences in legality is that cannabis needs a precise condition to be made - the cannabis plant. Alcohol? Ethanol is a very simple organic compound (CH2CHOH, I think), which can be produced in many ways, not the least of them being the anaerobic respiration of dozens of different micro-organisms, many of them airborne, such as yeast. It's impossible to prevent people from making it, especially since half the time it's made by accident.

You can't exactly grow cannabis by accident, can you? :P

Whether or not it's "technically" the neurotransmitters, it's still COCAINE.

Another factor in the reinforcement of cocaine use lies in the fact that after cocaine administration, dopamine levels fall significantly below normal, pre-consumption levels (8) p.1272. The user therefore feels a "low," and the immediate response to alleviate this low is to take another hit of cocaine to again raise the level. Such behavior is referred to as a "binge," when a user continuously takes hits of cocaine to recover from ensuing lows (3) p.158. This demonstrates the "loss of control in limiting intake" aspect of the definition of addiction.
-http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro01/web1/Farrenkopf.html

^^ When you take a hit of cocaine, the low makes you want more.  It's not really a "choice".  The cocaine itself is addictive WHILE you do it.

It's more the stupidity of the user than anything else...

PoeFacedKilla

Prussian Killer Bee
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2007, 02:00:58 am »
And I won't do it. Why not? Over the short term, it can cause IQ loss, paranoia, schizophrenia, and other such mind funking effects. Prolonged exposure can make those effects long term.

Not worth the risk, sorry.

Well, i already had all that to begin with, but i may smoke a joint like once a month, but not hardly ever, and for cigarettes. NO, i used to smoke newports but they tore my throat up and they just suck.
the Indyboard - User Generated Social Forum | Now With Even More Discussion!
Poe, The Independent Programmer
  • Zelda Shrine
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2007, 02:34:21 am »
And to say 'for fun' doesn't seem like much of a valid excuse really
And why not? It gives you an awesome feeling. You are relaxed and chill, can just hang out with friends, have no worries. You're brain deepends almost - you just talk about the most philosophical !@#$% and reflect on life, it's really, really nice. I'm not saying it's good for you, but again, neither are cigarettes. And heart disease is the #1 cause of preventable death next to lung cancer, yet you don't see McDonalds illegalized.

Unless you provide a reason why it isn't a valid excuse, I'm gonna assume you're hopping on the "I'm the good guy, smoking = devil" bandwagon.

verything has pros and cons. It's not right to just say any of the drugs are "bad" or "good" or "neutral". They all have pros and cons (and it should be up to oneself to measure the weight of these pros and cons in a personal perspective). (This was an answer to both of you)
You are  genius. 'Nuff said. This should sum up every argument.

« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2007, 01:28:34 pm »
  • IBV

One of the major differences in legality is that cannabis needs a precise condition to be made - the cannabis plant. Alcohol? Ethanol is a very simple organic compound (CH2CHOH, I think), which can be produced in many ways, not the least of them being the anaerobic respiration of dozens of different micro-organisms, many of them airborne, such as yeast. It's impossible to prevent people from making it, especially since half the time it's made by accident.

You can't exactly grow cannabis by accident, can you? :P

SO!? It's impossible to prevent people from growing marijuana too. And I still wonder what makes it different. Your reply didn't answer that. As it is now we could make a lot of things illegal by following that. You can't really make bread on accident, ohshit, let's ban it! ??_??
And yes, you can grow cannabis by accident, depending on where you are. However it doesn't prove anything at all, neither that, or your point.

Have you noticed that you are the guy that advocate drug use? Although not all drugs you do for one, at least. I, however, advocate neutrality to drug use. Which means that just because I seem to talk for marijuana now, it does not mean I talk against what you talk for, i.e. alcohol. And I do not talk for nor against any of them. I just talk against the way you're not neutral in that sense as I am, i.e. you advocate one drug but not the other one for no other reason than what you like yourself or what your traditions are, or how you're raised/taught/brainwashed and so on (it seems to me at least, but I'd be happy if you could give me a better reason).
My signature is empty.
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2007, 04:34:47 pm »
I do not smoke, I will never do it and I see no reason for anyone else to do it.
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2007, 04:46:54 pm »
  • Back again.
"Unless you provide a reason why it isn't a valid excuse, I'm gonna assume you're hopping on the "I'm the good guy, smoking = devil" bandwagon."

Please don't assume like that. I'm just gonna say this, then I won't post here again:

I believe smoking is bad
Drugs are bad
weed is bad
drinking is bad(at all)

There, now you know my views. Now, I shall leave and never post in this topic again.
Just kinda moseying along.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2007, 05:11:54 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I just don't understand one thing.

I understand why people back before the mid 80's began smoking cigarettes.
    1. It was considered cool.
    2. Not much if anything was known about the health risk.
Therefore if someone began smoking 1985 or before I feel sorry for them if they die of lung cancer, as it is mostly the addiction that makes them continue to death.

What I don't understand is why people from 1986 on even start smoking.
   1. It is no longer considered a popular or cool thing to do.
   2. We all know the health risk, and that any damage it does is unrepairable.
Therefore I find it hard to feel sorry for anyone who dies of cancer who started smoking after 1986. They knew the risk and stupidly took them which makes it hard to feel sorry for them.

Here is a nugget of a factoid to chew on if you are a cigarett smoker. 

I Wonder who the tobacco company you buy from has pinned as your "replacement customer" (An actual tobacco company phrase)? Could it b your little brother or sister, or maybe it is the baby your fiance just had. Who knows.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2007, 05:30:29 pm »

1. It is no longer considered a popular or cool thing to do.

Unfortunately, people still do consider it cool.

Theres this Girl at my school and shes 'The coolest kid EVER OMG' Shes 15, she has a kid, she smokes, does drugs and comes to school drunk, She was permanently booted from school, but she got the sympathy vote because she has a kid. Shes smoked and drunken in class in front of teachers and in general is this 'cool' image of a person... In my eyes she don't deserve anything
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2007, 05:34:48 pm »
Why is this being debated?Technically,a mod could go all mod on all yas arses!I started this topic!I only wanted to see who here on this board
SMOKED!I dont care if you DONT smoke!I just was wondering why people smoke.I smoke.I was just wondering why others smoke.
I specifically said NOT to post...Dont smoke;it's bad for you...replies...you're just wanting to start a war on ZFGC.ONLY THOSE WHO SMOKE
WERE INTENDED TO POST!Nuf said....
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2007, 05:58:49 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Free speech.  8)

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2007, 06:00:28 pm »
I don't smoke and I never will smoke. My dad did a lot of bad things when he was young, mainly smoking and drinking...and it drove away his family. I inhaled more second hand smoke in the first 13 years of my life than I ever planned on for the rest of it. Even that does bad things to do...I'm in Choir, and you can't tell me that you can keep good breath support with all that tar in your lungs.

Plus, I work in fast food...and it's amazing how many people come in with "Smoker Voice" as i call it. That raspy, awful sound that escapes the mouths of people who wasted too much time and money on 'relaxing'.

Smoking is not a stress remover...it's a placebo. People who get really stressed shove a tar stick in their mouths, and take a big ole' puff...all the crap in the cigarette enters their body, messing with the chemicals in their body and mind. Makes them think they're stress-free. It's the same with weed, except that's way more psychological than cigarettes.

In reality, you can get that same stress-free feeling with anything. Sometimes just a deep breath WITHOUT breathing in toxins can help calm you down. Other times there's certain activities that can do it. Nobody needs cigarettes to relax...and you certainly don't need them to fall asleep (in reference to the first post). Take sleeping pills, if nothing else. Or just don't drink a bunch of caffeine, or do a thirty minute tai-bo lesson before bed. You gotta clear your mind, and relax your body, or else you'll never sleep. If you're all hyped up on sugars and energy you'll never get to sleep. The only thing cigarettes do is get you one step closer to the eternal sleep.

For the record: My dad stopped smoking and drinking about a year ago, now...after me and my brother stopped talking to him and seeing him, and he realized that he was screwing over his life. He's much happier now that he's clean, and regrets all the crap he did that led to him losing his family. We're closer than ever.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2007, 06:37:24 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I don't smoke and I never will smoke. My dad did a lot of bad things when he was young, mainly smoking and drinking...and it drove away his family. I inhaled more second hand smoke in the first 13 years of my life than I ever planned on for the rest of it. Even that does bad things to do...I'm in Choir, and you can't tell me that you can keep good breath support with all that tar in your lungs.

Plus, I work in fast food...and it's amazing how many people come in with "Smoker Voice" as i call it. That raspy, awful sound that escapes the mouths of people who wasted too much time and money on 'relaxing'.

Smoking is not a stress remover...it's a placebo. People who get really stressed shove a tar stick in their mouths, and take a big ole' puff...all the crap in the cigarette enters their body, messing with the chemicals in their body and mind. Makes them think they're stress-free. It's the same with weed, except that's way more psychological than cigarettes.

In reality, you can get that same stress-free feeling with anything. Sometimes just a deep breath WITHOUT breathing in toxins can help calm you down. Other times there's certain activities that can do it. Nobody needs cigarettes to relax...and you certainly don't need them to fall asleep (in reference to the first post). Take sleeping pills, if nothing else. Or just don't drink a bunch of caffeine, or do a thirty minute tai-bo lesson before bed. You gotta clear your mind, and relax your body, or else you'll never sleep. If you're all hyped up on sugars and energy you'll never get to sleep. The only thing cigarettes do is get you one step closer to the eternal sleep.

For the record: My dad stopped smoking and drinking about a year ago, now...after me and my brother stopped talking to him and seeing him, and he realized that he was screwing over his life. He's much happier now that he's clean, and regrets all the crap he did that led to him losing his family. We're closer than ever.
Amen

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2007, 03:09:34 am »
Free speech.  8)

Free speech?Have you heard this does not exist?I can't go around saying that gays are gonna burn in hell or that environmentalists are
full of #@%^!Sorry bout that :PI feel better.Anyway,if there was free speech on this board,then we wouldn't have rules for each board.
The least YOU could do would be polite and courteous for others.  I asked politely that no one post if you don't smoke.It was not an
unreasonable request.  Remember do to others as you would have others do to you...Don't be rude and I won't be rude...
Thankyou!and sorry if I offened anyone with the first statement...it was meant as an example not my true behavior.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2007, 08:24:43 pm »
But you can't just ask for one side of an opinion. And even if that's all you want, sometimes non-smokers can answer the question too. I believe I did...saying that my dad smoked to relieve stress (one time when he was teaching me to drive I turned on a gravel road too fast and was sliding all over on the gravel. He cussed a lot and then said "Wow...that was scary...I need a smoke now"). But with explanations also come rationalizations. Like the fact that I don't care that you DO smoke, and even if you know that it's bad for you and still do it...I just wanted to state how bogus most reasons for smoking are.

And we do have free speech, but it has to be monitored, just like all our other liberties, because we abuse them. Free speech doesn't mean that we can say whatever we want whenever we want to. It means that our right to our opinion can't be taken away. So you can believe whatever you want about gays, and environmentalists, and smoking, but once you start blurting it out from the hilltops, it infringes on other people's rights. Plus, if you are gonna go around blurting things, it helps to have the facts to prove it, cause nobody wants to hear a bunch of uneducated claims. I know that all too well. So in all reality...we're allowed the freedom of speech to post in here with our opposing views, and you're allowed the freedom to ignore us. Your move.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2007, 08:48:31 pm »
....since this is not a debate...I hate smoking and I am never going to start doing it. It's a sick, disgusting and DUMB habit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 74 queries.

anything