Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pan's Labyrinth  (Read 1513 times)

Pan's Labyrinth
« on: February 09, 2007, 05:45:47 pm »
I doubt many of y'all have seen this...I know it wasn't anywhere in theaters near me...but it's an amazing movie. I downloaded it...it was only subtitles, but I'm not actually sure it's out in English anyway. I was just kinda wondering what y'all thought of it, if you have seen it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:02:19 pm »
  • hungry..
I saw it about a month ago at the cinema. It's totally awesome. I wrote a quick summary review on my blog the night I watched it;
http://dayjo.wordpress.com/2007/01/09/pans-labyrinth-pos-spoilers-but-not-much/

I thought it was really awesome, definitely one I'd recommend.. I do think I need to watch it again though.. to kind of .. ya know.. try and work out what's going on lol. There were quite a few gritty bits, which really surprised me considering the rating, and that guy with the eyes in the hands... oh !@#$% that's some serious nightmare !@#$% haha.
  • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 08:10:08 pm »
Yeah...I was kinda surprised by the amount of gore as well. So many people died...and all the torture and stuff. Then again...it is Spanish, I'm sure they can get away with different stuff than us. Did you see it in English?

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 08:36:57 pm »
  • hungry..
Hell no, and thank god. I can't stand dubbed films. I dont think it even has been professionally dubbed yet... well not released in cinemas anyway.
  • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 08:57:54 pm »
I was just wondering...cause I had watched an HBO special on it...and I thought I remembered them speaking English, but maybe not.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 01:46:00 am »
Gah want to see this soooo bad, damn limited releases...
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Dascu

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 01:07:35 pm »
I wasn't "Wow, this film is awesome", but it was very nice and had some lovely images.
Great recommendation for any fantasy fan.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 02:45:17 pm »
My local newspaper gave this movie a great review (5/5) and even stated the possibility of it grand-slamming on the Oscars. I'm gonna see this as soon as possible.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:43 pm »
I kind of agree, Dascu...from the previews I was thinking it was something else than what it was. I was expecting a more fantasy-oriented film, but I was still pleasantly surprised with how they blended the fantasy and reality of it all. Just kinda wish there would have been more cool effect stuff.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 03:31:10 am »
I just saw it at the cinema today, and must agree with Zero. I was expecting a lot more fantasy stuff. But I still loved it, and think it's a great movie. But some scenes were just so gory. Some people had told me it was a gory movie, but I had no idea. Like the part where the guy's mouth is slit open. Definitely not what I expected.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 03:47:08 am »
hmm, I haven't seen the movie, but since the director is mexican I have heard a lot of goods stuff about it, the actors don't talk spanish I think, Just the director is mexican thats all.
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 04:00:24 am »
hmm, I haven't seen the movie, but since the director is mexican I have heard a lot of goods stuff about it, the actors don't talk spanish I think, Just the director is mexican thats all.

the movie's in Spanish with English subtitles.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 12:26:06 pm »
  • hungry..
I just saw it at the cinema today, and must agree with Zero. I was expecting a lot more fantasy stuff. But I still loved it, and think it's a great movie. But some scenes were just so gory. Some people had told me it was a gory movie, but I had no idea. Like the part where the guy's mouth is slit open. Definitely not what I expected.
The bit where he's sewing it up... *shudders* .. you totally feel the pain >_< haha, its well good though. I liked the bit where he smashes that guy's nose into his face.
  • My Blog

Dascu

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 01:35:39 pm »
You guys thought that film was gory? Sheesh...

Go watch Ichi the Killer.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 01:57:16 pm »
  • hungry..
lol Dascu, we're not saying it's like the goriest film we've ever seen. Indeed Ichi the Killer is crazy. We're just saying it was surprising gory for it's rating, and genre.
  • My Blog
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 09:04:43 pm »
I hated where you could see that one guy's hand, and like his fingers were all spread apart...reminded me of Saw III with the guy yanking the chains out from his hands. When a fantasy movie's gore can be compared to Saw...that's a little too far :p
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 05:15:38 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
oh :( i hate saw. I didn't know it would be gory...
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 05:18:39 pm »
Well it's nowhere near as gory as Saw...I was just using that comparison as an exaggeration to say that it was a surprisingly gory movie. Then again...it's not a very traditional fantasy movie anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 73 queries.