Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Regarding the Smart Talk Forum  (Read 2599 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Regarding the Smart Talk Forum
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:05:11 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Regarding the Smart Talk Forum

As of late, having sifted through the threads in Smart Talk and Debates, I’ve noticed that a lot of people aren’t viewing the individual forum rules for those boards. Though Smart Talk doesn’t have its own individual rules, most typically, the rules for Debates apply.

If a thread constitutes as a debate, please remember to follow those rules before posting. This includes, but is not limited to- posting adequate proof and citations for your side of the argument, and not flaming a user. Lately, all that’s been going on is massive flaming, and not enough intelligent debating. It makes the forum look bad when we have sub-forums meant for intelligent debating, and all we can do is make a thread and have page after page of “sugar-coated flaming”. To simplify, its posting an insulting retort to something mentioned in debates directed specifically towards a user. I understand that debates can be a really touchy issue, and can offend someone on a personal level, but part of having an intelligent debate is ignoring your personal feelings over something said, and properly defending your stance with an unbiased demeanor.  

I really like the smart talk forums. I think it’s a good outlet for some really great, intelligent discussions and topics. However, lets keep it that way by following these very easy steps-

• If something is said that makes you feel like your stance is either being belittled or you’re feeling insulted; either ignore it, or provide some proof that supports your side of the argument.
  • If some directly flames you, don’t reply in the forums... Just report the post and the staff will deal with it. Besides, when someone directly flames you, it shows their lack of debating skills.
  • Cite your sources. Citation is key to a proper debate.
  • Use common sense; best thing in the world for a debate.
  • Try not to post in a bad mood; a bad mood can make for a really nasty, heated post. It just makes it easier if you can post calmly in the debates forums.

Its also important to remember, theological bias in debate posts tends to spark a heated debate, and the reason for this is that almost everyone has a different sense of their own mortality and existence. It is great that someone has a sense of purpose in their life, however its best to know when it is acceptable to post with religious content. There are existing rules for posts like these already, so I ask that you please review them before posting.

On that note, I'll leave you to the forums :P Thank you for reading, and happy posting ^_^

-Mammy
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:18:43 am by 4Sword »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 39 queries.