Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aqualis Online - Generations  (Read 6841 times)

Aqualis Online - Generations
« on: April 06, 2006, 02:48:07 am »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
This game is pretty much dead... I hate to have to cease development on a game so early, but I'm just having too many problems keeping the server up... I may continue this one day, but for now I'm working on Traumwelt and my secret project which will probably never see a public release anyways  ::)
Story: Still being written.

Battle System: Very basic. There are melee weapons and ranged weapons. As of right now, you can't see the melee weapons you equipped, but you can see their icons and the ranged weapons. Press Ctrl to attack. Also, player that have reached level ten can attack other players with a level of ten or higher. Don't even try to attack an admin though. Not only will it not do any damage, but they will smite you with a burning fist of passionate fury  ;). Just remember to behave yourselves.

Notes On Character Customization: There are more than 45 outfits and 100 different hairs programmed into the game, but in order to see them on you character, you must by them and equip them. I forgot to change the text in the gui though, so just remember that hairs are currently helmets, and outfits are currently armor. Also, not all outfits or hairs can be purchased in the beta town only a select few, and I just realized that none of them are female hair styles or outfits. I apologize for that, but they will be added soon.

Features:
  • Character customization
  • 100's of items, equipment, and spells
  • Guild Creation
  • Real-Time (Night/Day and weather)
  • PvP (only for players level 10 and up)
  • Private and Global Chat
  • Trade with other players and in shops
  • Emotes
  • Party formation
  • 3 character per account
  • 6 playable classes that affect equipment that can be used and stats

Player Commands:
  • /inv - Opens inventory
  • /info - View stats
  • /train - Shows training stats
  • /party - Create party
  • /join - Join party
  • /location - Shows current location
  • /trade - Trade with other players

Emotes:
  • /cool
  • /tongue
  • /?
  • /wtf
  • /blush
  • /angry
  • /...
  • /!
  • o.O

Controls:
Arrow Keys - Move
Ctrl - Attack
Left Click - Target
Right Click (in inventory) - Drop Item
Double Left Click (in inventory) - Equip or use
Right Shift - Run
F2 - Drink a healing potion (if you have one in your inventory)
F3 - Drink a mana potion (if you have one in your inventory)
F4 - Open guild menu

^The Blood Staff shoots fire at enemies  :ssj:

^Using the Ice spell on the Fire Cave boss

^The work in progress caverns... whoops... forgot to disable weather on that map  :confused:

^This town was completely mapped by zanaku  :D (hence the name)

Demo: http://rapidshare.de/files/17302866/Aqualis_Online_-_Generations_Beta_Client_Install.exe.html
I'm sorry to have to host on a site like rapidshare, but the install file is like 10.6mb. I'm also sorry for having to use an install file, but without it, all of the files in a .rar folder were 106mb, so yeah... Also, after opening the client, click config and change the ip to "aqualis.game-server.cc" without the quotes. You must do this or it will not work!

Please note that this release is FILLED with bugs, so be a little patient with the client.

If you have problems running the client download and install http://rapidshare.de/files/17204464/libraryfiles-1.exe.html
If the client still doesn't work, google "vbrun60sp5.exe" and download the visual basic runtime files directly from the microsoft site for the most secure download.
If it still doesn't work... then it probably has to do with your computers  :P ...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 01:52:13 am by brighteyes »
Re: Aqualis Online - Generations
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:12:56 am »
  • The Broken King
A suggestion for getting more response to your game:

1) perhaps explain the fighting and the items, and what it is about them that makes them interesting.
2) describe your game a little more. I know that it's online, but I don't even know what it actually is.
3) Hold out on a demo until you have worked out some bugs.
4) Post a screenshot

I hope that those tips help you get more responses :)
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

Naz

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:04:51 pm »
  • Ph34r the toast.
I'd also suggest a name change.  It's spelled the same way as one of my islands in my game >_>  I'm sure I started before you....
Don't read this.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 04:27:49 pm »
I'd also suggest a name change.  It's spelled the same way as one of my islands in my game >_>  I'm sure I started before you....

I've been using the name Aqualis since I first got RPG Maker for PSOne. I was in fourth grade then and I'm going into ninth grade in a few months. So if you named your island 5 years ago, I will gladly rename my game along with the others in the series.
A suggestion for getting more response to your game:

1) perhaps explain the fighting and the items, and what it is about them that makes them interesting.
2) describe your game a little more. I know that it's online, but I don't even know what it actually is.
3) Hold out on a demo until you have worked out some bugs.
4) Post a screenshot

I hope that those tips help you get more responses :)

Will do  ;)

EDIT: I don't want to double post, so I'm just editing. I added some screens of the progress the team and I have been making. Now there is an Ice Cave, a Fire Cave (2/2 floors completed), a Cavern (2/2 floors complete), and a town made by zanaku where players can have homes built for them for a fee . Those who are swift blades also get weapons that attack twice as quickly as normal weapons now. Check the top post for all of the new screens too.  I also wanted to mention that we are having a special event in the Caverns on Easter. What is this event you ask? Well, you'll just have to wait and see
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:12:08 am by brighteyes »
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:30:11 am »
  • w00t
I just wanted to apologize for my recent inactivity concerning this game.  I've been incredibly busy the past few days.  Between cleaning up a pine tree that fell in our yard, nearly hitting the house, an English project that I stayed up until 3 in the morning to finish, and other schoolwork, I've had little free time.  However, all this should start to clear up within the next day or two, so I shall be more active then. 

Once again, sorry about that. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 02:48:44 am »
I just wanted to apologize for my recent inactivity concerning this game.  I've been incredibly busy the past few days.  Between cleaning up a pine tree that fell in our yard, nearly hitting the house, an English project that I stayed up until 3 in the morning to finish, and other schoolwork, I've had little free time.  However, all this should start to clear up within the next day or two, so I shall be more active then. 

Once again, sorry about that. 

Hey, don't worry about it  ;) . You have a life, that's a good thing. It's not like our server is always full or anything anyways. Just log on whenever you're bored or feeling creative or something. No pressure though, I just want you to know that.

EDIT: My mom unplugged the modem again >_<. New ip: 68.215.198.233
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:19:52 pm by brighteyes »
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 10:27:32 pm »
  • w00t
hey, as far as the changing IP goes, I have a solution.  It's called dynDNS, and basically you would have for the IP config something like "aqualis.dyndns.org" (there are many domains available, not just *.dyndns.org).  Then on your computer, download a program that will check your IP address every 5-10 minutes or so and, if it finds a change, automatically submit the new one to your account on dyndns.com

That way, you don't have to keep worrying about the users having to search for the correct IP address.  I tried it myself when I attempted to make my own MMORPG with Playerworlds, and the few people I could get to test it said that they were able to connect that way.

Basically, think of it as a domain name.  You can get to CNN's website by typing 64.236.29.120 but it's much easier to type www.cnn.com.  And, although it probably doesn't actually happen, if CNN's IP address were to change, you could still access it via www.cnn.com.

Here's some general info about it:  https://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 02:09:09 am »
hey, as far as the changing IP goes, I have a solution.  It's called dynDNS, and basically you would have for the IP config something like "aqualis.dyndns.org" (there are many domains available, not just *.dyndns.org).  Then on your computer, download a program that will check your IP address every 5-10 minutes or so and, if it finds a change, automatically submit the new one to your account on dyndns.com

That way, you don't have to keep worrying about the users having to search for the correct IP address.  I tried it myself when I attempted to make my own MMORPG with Playerworlds, and the few people I could get to test it said that they were able to connect that way.

Basically, think of it as a domain name.  You can get to CNN's website by typing 64.236.29.120 but it's much easier to type www.cnn.com.  And, although it probably doesn't actually happen, if CNN's IP address were to change, you could still access it via www.cnn.com.

Here's some general info about it:  https://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/

DanTheMan... I love you :). I still don't understand why it changes though.... I thought the word "static" in static ip meant unchanging....

EDIT: Here's the new server adress: aqualis.game-server.cc
Thanks again DanTheMan :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:15:05 am by brighteyes »
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 02:15:56 am »
  • w00t
If your mom unplugged a modem, that indicates to me that you have a dynamic IP address.  Static ones are generally given to businesses and such, and I believe they generally cost more, although I'm not sure about that.

Your IP address then has the possibility of changing whenever the modem is unplugged.  Since the modem is usually plugged in all the time, it tends to stay the same for a few weeks before changing.  Yours seems to change ever few days or so though, so I would seriously recommend the DynDNS thing. 

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 03:33:44 am »
  • w00t
Hey, uh, Brighteyes, I hate to double-post, but I haven't been able to connect to the server for a couple of weeks now.

Is there anything going on?

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 09:05:47 pm »
Well, even with that DynDNS thing, the server won't work :'(. Anyways, after I downloaded Marsh's new server/client, which contains a billion bug-fixes and well as a billion new bugs, the frame rate was reduced to about 10 >_< making it completely unplayable. If Marsh releases a new client with a better frame rate, than I'd be more than happy to reopen the servers. Until then, Aqualis is offically offline   :-\

EDIT:
Actually, the frame rate seems fine now >_<. I don't think the DynDNS things is working though. Would you mind trying to connect and posting the results for me. IP: aqualisonline.game-server.cc
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:27:47 pm by brighteyes »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 59 queries.