Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter games!  (Read 14468 times)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: Winter games!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 04:14:14 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Star, do you have anything new?

...I wish I could say yes. I posted a topic and nobody's really elaborating on it. We have some issues to sort out since gm112's departure, so maybe after people will notice it :)
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 02:37:42 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Hm...  Unfortunately winter has passed without any winter games...  Alas, life happens.  What are the chances of getting the standard summer comp going this year?

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 03:56:18 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
As stated multiple times in the topic, I have brought up the Winter Games in the Staff and nobody responded, thus I never initiated it. However, that could mean better planning for a longer and overall better Character competition!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 03:57:36 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Yea, our fault there >_> Summer games are definitely an option!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 06:49:04 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I just wanted to say that I'm still totally in for a character comp, whenever one comes up. ^w^
  • My Music
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 07:08:35 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I still think my idea form the suggestion about having smaller comps(innitiated by previous winner) and then having a larger monthly comps(with more time and such) could be more effective than just having a single comp a month and it only happening like one or two months during the overall year. If any of the staff(Ash or Steve) would like a more in depth explaination of what I mean feel free to talk to me over Google Talk.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 07:48:38 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Your idea and suggestion still stands as valid, but this certain competition would stand as one of the bigger ones...
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 07:51:25 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
M'kay, just wanted to double check to see if this was one of the big ones.
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 09:03:53 pm »
A character competition isn't something difficult to have - i.e., it follows a set formula and works itself to completion. The main difficulties with the last competition were the initial concern about the number of participants (which was solved by allowing someone multiple entries, and increasing the length of time for people to come up with ideas) and where topics would sometimes not be posted right away (which could be solved by having more than one person able to post topics so that the burden of doing so wouldn't fall on that one person).

I guess my point is that if you really wanted to have another character competition, why not just do some quick planning, maybe talk to Mirby about helping you and promoting the event on ZFGC given that she's a journalist, do the setup, and then as mentioned let it work itself to being complete. Any of the stylistic details you might want to have to make this character competition unique could be figured out between the hyping up and the start of the competition; from both staff involvement and community contribution.

There might be more interest from everyone too in terms of kicking the event off as the event isn't directly in the immediate shadow of the last character competition.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 10:09:13 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
A character competition isn't something difficult to have - i.e., it follows a set formula and works itself to completion. The main difficulties with the last competition were the initial concern about the number of participants (which was solved by allowing someone multiple entries, and increasing the length of time for people to come up with ideas) and where topics would sometimes not be posted right away (which could be solved by having more than one person able to post topics so that the burden of doing so wouldn't fall on that one person).

I guess my point is that if you really wanted to have another character competition, why not just do some quick planning, maybe talk to Mirby about helping you and promoting the event on ZFGC given that she's a journalist, do the setup, and then as mentioned let it work itself to being complete. Any of the stylistic details you might want to have to make this character competition unique could be figured out between the hyping up and the start of the competition; from both staff involvement and community contribution.

There might be more interest from everyone too in terms of kicking the event off as the event isn't directly in the immediate shadow of the last character competition.

I agree with pretty much everything that was said here. We'll move forward when the time is appropriate.
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 10:30:26 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Sounds good to me.  I will look forward to it then.
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 12:11:05 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%

I agree with pretty much everything that was said here. We'll move forward when the time is appropriate.

ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 62 queries.