Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Project Is In Need Of Help  (Read 3056 times)

Community Project Is In Need Of Help
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:37:16 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Okay, I think I'm kind of worried now. Like many other fan games, the community project seemed really great at first and lots of progress...but now its just been reduced to an afterthought. There needs to be more discussion and development if ZFGC is actually going to make a Zelda game! I propose that you have like more rupees/post and stuff in the community project to encourage people to post there.

Seriously, if we don't work a little harder, the community project could just be forgotten. I think a lot of the community should contribute in some way.

What do you guys think?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: Community Project Is In Need Of Help
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 02:42:51 am »
I think it would be fun to contribute, but I seem to remember people getting all protective when others tried to join in. What's the deal with contributing? Can anyone just drop by and give ideas/resources/stuff like that?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 02:44:28 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I think that increasing the number of posts a thread recieves doesn't increase the development.  Not sure it's particularly motivating either.  I mean, slightly and we all like to be popular because of good work, but I don't think it will have any drastic effect.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 03:00:11 am »
The problem was as a community it took us 6 months to decide around 10 aspects of the game.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 04:16:19 am »
I must agree probably giving rupees for resources, and good ideas, not per post.. that way people might find a good reason to help.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 05:49:18 am »
Perhaps there should be an elected board to agree on final decisions.. or is it working democratically now, without extra bureaucracy? I honestly haven't paid much attention to it.. I'm a bad guy, but someone has to b e the guy everyone hates, right?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

alirazaq

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 05:54:40 am »
I love hate you Andrew! XD
Admin Edit: !@#$%

A bunch of people should brainstorm story ideas and then we can compare stories keep the good stuff from one add stuff from another etc.

I think there should be a vote on things such as story, levels, temples, items, etc.
Then we should reassemble a team in categories such as coders, spriters, mappers, writers.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 05:57:11 am by -Ali- »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 06:01:58 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
IMO I think the project would get a lot further if it wasn't so bureaucratic :P I also think community project is a tad misleading; it's not so much of a community project as its just an organized fan game... I think it intimidates people when they see community project, but then sees set staff... I think if it either let the community work on it providing scripts, etc there'd be more of a response, or if it stepped back from being a community project, and just a well organized fangame with open resource acceptance, perhaps there'd be more of a response as well...

but I'm not sure :P... The fact is, it's not really promoted or executed as a community project, and I think it's kinda causing it to have some issues... but eh, I like the project... I dont want it to die out either
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 11:11:24 pm »
IMO I think the project would get a lot further if it wasn't so bureaucratic :P I also think community project is a tad misleading; it's not so much of a community project as its just an organized fan game... I think it intimidates people when they see community project, but then sees set staff... I think if it either let the community work on it providing scripts, etc there'd be more of a response, or if it stepped back from being a community project, and just a well organized fangame with open resource acceptance, perhaps there'd be more of a response as well...

but I'm not sure :P... The fact is, it's not really promoted or executed as a community project, and I think it's kinda causing it to have some issues... but eh, I like the project... I dont want it to die out either

Hmm I agree with some parts.. Probably the leaders, should make a sticked thread saying what temples, story, and so on is agreed on, so people might know what to do next. But still It would be nice that the admins encourage people to work in the  Community Project by giving rupees to people that are actually helping.
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 12:37:01 am »

Hmm I agree with some parts.. Probably the leaders, should make a sticked thread saying what temples, story, and so on is agreed on, so people might know what to do next. But still It would be nice that the admins encourage people to work in the  Community Project by giving rupees to people that are actually helping.
OK. I'll show you some encouragment :D. *runs off to news editor*...
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 12:49:36 am »
  • Personal Text
there should be a rule, where a member has to do some community service within the 3 months of registry :P
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 01:01:10 am »
Nice news...sig'd
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 02:35:24 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Heh, I love the news editor;perhaps this will convince the proletariats...er...community members!

Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 03:27:00 am »
I`ve been sorting out what`s done and what`s not, and going through the old archives. When i get home i`ll continue.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 06:32:42 pm »
I was gonna join in, but then you rejected me... a few months later, I was gonna join again, but then I saw the whole theif idea, so I decided not to join. Sorry.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 07:07:10 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I was gonna join in, but then you rejected me... a few months later, I was gonna join again, but then I saw the whole theif idea, so I decided not to join. Sorry.
Well, your loss. :P
But you should still consider the possibility. The more guys helping, the merrier.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 10:02:36 pm »
I've noticed something really pleasing over the last few weeks. It looks like the Community Project is becoming active again, and hopefully will soon be getting back on track.  XD
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:41:51 pm by legendarylugi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 72 queries.

anything