Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nominations - January 2010  (Read 11926 times)

Nominations - January 2010
« on: January 21, 2010, 11:00:23 am »
Read the user nominations idea here if you haven't already. Otherwise this topic will be for nominating, voting on, and then deciding the Project of the Month for the month of January. Once a nomination is validly posted it'll be added as quickly as possible to a poll which exist in this topic as well too; although please be kind in that the staff are human.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:52:37 am by 4Sword »
Re: Nominations - January 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »
Hmm, neato.

Then I nominate Surface. Besides it being somewhat the only game that has had any work done this month, it is also an incredibly cool looking game. The graphics are still tentative, but it show already some sweet animations, particle effects and physics. But best reason is that, although most work on the project was done in the programming and thus hard to show, Mammy has kept everyone promptly up to date on the progress.

One thing: Thumbs up for Surface  :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:48:10 pm by Niek »
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:56:04 pm »
There has been a small oversight on my part, a poll can only be initially created provided there are at least two options. Otherwise speaking though if Surface were the only project nominated, it'd also be the only one then capable of winning.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:16:44 pm »
Very well then. I nominate Sword of Divinition as a second choice.
There was a new demo released and the project has been getting response because of that. It still shows promise and it has gone without attention for a while untill recently. Which is a bit of a shame.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »
Alright, added - the poll is now up. Remember to vote now please.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:18:54 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I vote Surface for winner.
It will be a really fun game.
computer games are really cool.

Haiku~ also 3 sentences :p

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 03:52:54 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I vote for surface,
since it is a cool guy, and
afraids of nothing.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 04:02:48 pm »
Do I also need to add 3 sentences:

Ah well, I'll just repeat my first post.

Then I nominate Surface. Besides it being somewhat the only game that has had any work done this month, it is also an incredibly cool looking game. The graphics are still tentative, but it show already some sweet animations, particle effects and physics. But best reason is that, although most work on the project was done in the programming and thus hard to show, Mammy has kept everyone promptly up to date on the progress.

One thing: Thumbs up for Surface  :P
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 04:31:07 pm »
I think that I saw you looking at the nomination procedure earlier after nominating and likely after I put the poll up. I had to make an edit shortly after that said a user who nominated a project doesn't have to do an additional vote comment.

About the voting comments though, while I am not going to be too strict about it a comment is fine so long as it relates to the project being voted for; a comment should really and possibly mention something more specific about a game other than it's awesome. I mean that is still better than doing "I am. I am. I am.", but meh.

Oh, and Dark-Hylian and Windy, without posting a comment about why you voted for the project you did your votes will not count when the winner is finally be decided. That might seem like a frustrating requirement for voting but it is to ensure that voting isn't done so passively; in the same way that there are those on the forum who view projects without posting in their topics sometimes.

And just to be clear, nominations are still open so if one of your favorites isn't up there you could nominate it. I didn't really specify saying a user couldn't nominate more than one project, but the voting is set up to where a user can only vote for one.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:34:24 pm by 4Sword »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 05:01:47 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Wait you have to explain why you voted in 3 or more sentences? !@#$% lame... Some people like anonymously voting, obviously.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 05:22:38 pm »
The procedure has it as 1 to 3 sentences which isn't really asking for much. The purpose of the voting comments is also for something else to include in the Project of the Month article for the site; the nominations topic will be moved/deleted after the winner is picked so that an accumulation of nominations topics doesn't clutter up this board.

Really, it isn't hard to say something like: "I voted for [game title] because its latest feature gave me an idea for my game." or "I voted for [game title]. [game's creator] had a lot of progress and deserves it". There also isn't anonymous voting, the results should be viewable after voting.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 05:24:58 pm »
K. Well, I've been following Sword of Divinition for a while now, and I would like to see it moving forward in it's construction. If it's given Project of the Month status, then maybe MG will be more influenced to continue his great work on it.
  • Dawning Hour

Kingknight

SiMelon
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 03:13:57 am »
  • The Hunter
I nominate Surface for the kick-ass graphics and gameplay videos!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 05:17:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I should note-

Should Surface win and get the interview process, I won't be answering any story questions or anything along those lines, however for the occasion I'll throw together another youtube vid showing the new tilesets I've made along with some other artwork unrevealed so far =3
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 05:57:18 am »
Windy, Kren, Dracon, MiNalien, and anyone else if you don't post at least one sentence as to why you voted for the project you did, your votes won't be counted. This is because voting for a project so passively also creates a disadvantage for a project which could still be nominated in that the vote tallies for a project already nominated would inflate without much merit. If someone can't give a reason for what they voted for or they keep quiet about it, it doesn't help the developer out as much either.

Oh, and Mamoruanime that'd be cool.

kuraszune

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 06:10:31 am »
Voted for Surface
Cause I like the composer
Oops, I said too much

Also, hi everyone.  I think I'll start talking more on here... Is that good enough for you, Mamo?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 06:20:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol it's about time you posted instead of lurking all of the time :p

And yes, the Haiku is perfect
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:21:49 am by Mamoruanime »

kuraszune

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 06:31:14 am »
Yeah yeah... :-X Keep it up. I'm going to sleep. XD
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 04:47:47 pm »
  • Minalien
Windy, Kren, Dracon, MiNalien, and anyone else if you don't post at least one sentence as to why you voted for the project you did, your votes won't be counted. This is because voting for a project so passively also creates a disadvantage for a project which could still be nominated in that the vote tallies for a project already nominated would inflate without much merit. If someone can't give a reason for what they voted for or they keep quiet about it, it doesn't help the developer out as much either.

Oh, and Mamoruanime that'd be cool.
Are you !@#$% serious? So I have to have a reason for supporting what I chose now?

Here's my reason: I support Sword of Divination more than I support Surface. That's all that matters.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 05:16:18 pm »
Surface, because progress has been ongoing and consistent since the minute the topic opened.

Also it's pretty.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 80 queries.