Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Memories of Hyrule  (Read 7529 times)

Re: [WIP] Memories of Hyrule
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 09:05:52 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I'm interested in something here, what libraries are you using to make this game?
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 02:15:36 am »
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately. I was busy finishing up school (damn finals!), then I was on vacation for a week, and now I'm in the process of starting a new job. But things are finally slowing down, so I should start having more time to devote to this project by the end of the week.

Neat, I'll try the demo on my Vista machine, see what happens. Any chance of opening the source up to the world?

Sounds good, but I don't know how long it will be before I release a demo. As far as releasing the source is concerned, I haven't decided yet. I may release it someday, but right now I'm not planning to.

It looks ok, but Z1 remakes have been done to death, does "Zelda Classic" (the program) ring a bell?

Yeah, I know there have been plenty of remakes and I know about Zelda Classic (never used it though). I considered doing an original game before, but I really wanted to focus most of my attention to programming rather than game design, so for that a remake was a better choice. Then I figured that if I'm going to remake a Zelda game, it should be an old one, that way I would have a better chance of actually improving upon the original. Zelda 1 being my second favorite game of all time (MGS being the first), it was the obvious choice for the game to remake.

sliding is when you walk on a diagonal cliff/barrier and the player slides with it

Oh okay, I know what you mean. No, I haven't implemented sliding at this point. In fact I haven't even thought about it until now. Perhaps I'll see if I can add it in sometime in the future, but I won't be making it a priority at this point.

I'm interested in something here, what libraries are you using to make this game?

I'm using the ClanLib SDK. A lot of people seem to not like it, but so far it hasn't given me very much trouble. However, whenever I do run into trouble it can often be hard to find help because so few people use it.
  • Errornix.com

gm112

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 02:19:06 am »
omg. once your done, port this to ds. i will cream EVERYWHERE.
HAHA!  That's definitely a cool idea. I don't know anything about DS development though, so don't expect it.
Yeah port this to DS, "i will cream EVERYWHERE".
I'm sure this is possible with C++ without rewriting your code.
Are you crazy? You would have to do a dramatic overhaul on your code. Changing graphic APIs, processors, sound APIs, etc.. there is more to it than you think >_>.
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 02:43:47 am »
omg. once your done, port this to ds. i will cream EVERYWHERE.
HAHA!  That's definitely a cool idea. I don't know anything about DS development though, so don't expect it.
Yeah port this to DS, "i will cream EVERYWHERE".
I'm sure this is possible with C++ without rewriting your code.
Are you crazy? You would have to do a dramatic overhaul on your code. Changing graphic APIs, processors, sound APIs, etc.. there is more to it than you think >_>.

Whoops, I guess I overlooked that post. Yeah, gm112 is right, the fact that it's C++ doesn't mean it can be easily ported. I don't know anything about DS development but I'm pretty sure that porting MoH would pretty much require building it again from the ground up.
  • Errornix.com

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 07:01:53 pm »
Well that depends how you do it.
Design a limited but quite general interface api of your own, and use that.
Then all that needs changing are the things in that small api which basically just wraps and combines the more generic functions of whichever api you want to use.
..In fact, writing an object orientated one of these would be good, make things easier, more robust and reliable and even speed up overall programming time regardless of that advantage.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 01:54:30 pm »
I've been messing around with the resolution a bit. I still like the higher resolution version better, but I can see why a lot of you would prefer the ALttP resolution. The only problem that has occurred is that objects that normally appeared at the bottom of the screen (menus, speech boxes, etc) now appear off-screen. It'll take some work but I can probably fix this issue, then I would like to make the different resolutions optional.
  • Errornix.com
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 12:15:46 am »
I'd opt for the higher resolution personally. 640x480 is already tiny on my 1920x1200 screen. I'd never be able to play something smaller without a 3rd party zoom app.

Anyways, screens look nice, and I'm also excited to see a project done in C++, as that's my personal language of choice. [Aside from the lovely C#], so if you'd like to hit me up on aim to bounce things off of me, that's cool too.

Best of luck.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:24:20 am by nitz »
  • My Myspace?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 51 queries.

anything