Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Mirror of Stars  (Read 3983 times)

Dark-Hylian

Silence
Legend of Zelda: Mirror of Stars
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:41:32 pm »
Any and all stuff here, will soon be moved to "there" -----> http://www.wix.com/darkhylian/dawning-hour
Thank you very very much =)

A Star fell from Heaven...
A Golden Star.

The Princess took in the Star...
And the Star took her in.

Now the Star is passed down...
From Queen to Daughter.

Now, a new Star has fallen.
An evil begins its hunt for the Light, and a Hero must arise to battle it, and protect the Light.
While the evil lurks on the edges of the world, searching and searching, the Hero must find the Key to the Heavens, and ascend to do battle with the great foe.
His quest will take him to the stars and back, as he completes his own hunt to save the Light of Hyrule.

This is the Dawning Hour.

The game begins with a meteorite plummeting to the earth. An evil power (the main bad guy of the game) appears, along with the fallen star, and disperses into the night, loosing an evil cackle. Elsewhere, Princess Zelda, asleep in her castle, tosses and turns in nightmare. The next day, she sends for her friend Link, who lives with his Uncle and Aunt in the Forest Town. Princess Zelda warns Link of her Nightmare, and tells him of an Ancient Prophecy. Link then sets out to stop the evil.

Alright, so. Dawning Hour/Mirror of Stars has 3 real dungeons (and a boss filled last "dungeon"), with one or two more not relevant to the game.

Goron Solarium:

Area:Death Mountain

Item: Bombs

Miniboss: Flare Dancer - A spirit of fire that splits into three smaller entities, and prefers to run, rather than fight.

Boss: Embodied Inferno: Pyral - A demonic spirit of fire that flits between the shadow and the light. Strike before he does!

Rewards: First Key Fragment
   Celestial Compass Map
              Sun's Song - Changes the day to night, and night to day.
              2 Heart Pieces
              1 Heart Container

Description: The Gorons in Death Mountain, whom Link encounters shortly after leaving home, have a temple to the sun at the top of their mountain home. It is a rather dangerous place to go since, recently, evil monsters and the like have started filling it, and lava veins have reopened in it. There are rooms that are quite dark, but more frequently, there are rooms full of painfully bright sunlight. Most of the enemies in this dungeon thrive of heat and fire, or high altitudes. The bombs are quite necessary to traverse this elegent, but hostile environment.

Starpoint Vista:

Area: Lake Hylia

Item: Bow 'n' Arrows

Miniboss:

Boss: Midnight Phantom: Stellum - A magician of starlight and ice. You fight this shrouded menace on the top of the tower, beneath the darkened sky.

Rewards: Second Key Fragment    
              Song of the Stars
              2 Heart Pieces
              1 Heart Container

Description: Located in the middle of a misty lake, and only spoken of in rumors and fables, lies a tower. This tower was once a shrine to the heavens, and used to observe the stars and skies above. The tower itself is serene and quiet, shining and resplendant through its mist covering, and reaching up into the cool night. However, enemies of darkness have pervaded the sanctum, and now the gleaming spire casts a shadow of doom on the lake around it. Inside is most likely going to be slick and elegant, with many curves and slopes. Basic color schemes should run along the lines of white, light blue, dark blue, and silver. Most of the enemies inside the hidden tower are icy and cold in nature, or just more accustomed to the darkness.

Tempest Pillar        

Area: Field

Item: Switch Boots

Miniboss: None?

Boss: Hero's Spirit - The skeletal remains of an Ancient Hero, he wears rusty armor and weilds a polished sword.

Rewards: Third Key Fragment
   Access to the Celestial Diorama
              4 Heart Pieces
              Song of the Skies

Description: A tall pillar of old, old stone reaches to the sky, and higher. Inside this tower, unreachable by most, and invisable to more, ancient protectors lie in wait for any who dare face its challenges. Not much of the evil influence has intruded here, leaving just the sheer force of protectors placed by a higher power to defend the way to the heavens. Inside, you'll find skeletons and statues galore, as well as, in the open air segments, birds and bats and the like. Many windy areas exist, and massive pits, so changing of weight is greatly required to get through this dangerous fortress alive.

Celestial Diorama:

Area: Space

Item: None

Minibosses: Celestial Hero-Guard - Equivalent to a Darknut, this spectral knight is a valorous opponent.                    
                 Celestial Flare Dancer - A spirit of fire that splits into three smaller entities, and prefers to run, rather than fight.                
                 Celestial Airrobe - A great magician of air and winds.

Boss: The Darkness Within

*This boss will equate to about the most coding for anything in the game, save Link himself. This boss will no doubt be a pain in the ass, and a victory rush when you finally do manage to overcome the terror that lies inside your own heart.

Rewards: You win!
              Replay Mode!

Description: Deep in the heart of Space itself, floats a churning, twisting, gold temple. Like a planetarium, it holds areas representative of Earth, Fire, Air and Water. Here you will face great challenges, and then proceed to seal away the Darkness forever. Careful though, watch your step! If you fall off here, there's no getting back up. However, this may be one of the most peaceful scenes you will ever see, despite the very ominous and impending danger. The soft glow of the stars fill the pure black, and the gold reflects in their light, as you spin, high above the earth. Take your pick of the rings to enter, and fight the four precursors to the finale, the fight of Destiny.

The Map

The Land of Hyrule consists of five major areas. Each area is home to a focal point, or city. Through use of the Celestial Compass, Link can warp between these points, once he has unlocked them.

The Forest: In the bottom right-hand corner of the map, there is a dense forest. This is Link's hometown, and is one of two areas of Hyrule that doesn't have a dungeon relevant to the storyline.
The Desert: In the bottom left-hand corner of the map, there is a sandy wasteland. This is home to the fierce Gerudo tribes, and their capitol. This is one of two areas of Hyrule that doesn't have a dungeon relevant to the storyline.
The Field: In the center of the map, there is an expanse of field. A star recently landed here, and has caused some upheaval. In the north is Hyrule Town. This area is home to the Sky Dungeon.
The Mountains: In the top right-hand corner of the map, there are tall mountains. The tallest of these is Death Mountain, under which live the Gorons. This area is home to the Sun Dungeon.
The Lake: In the top left-hand corner of the map is a vast lake. Many rumors and legends are associated with this lake, and of a mysterious tower in the middle. This area is home to the Star Dungeon.

The Items

This game includes a few items, not as many as either ALTTP or Minish Cap, but hopefully enough to make it enjoyable. Some of these are included in the following.

Bombs: these explosives are strong enough to shatter rock and blow open doors!
Hero's Bow: this bow shoots arrows with deadly accuracy!
Switch Boots: these boots allow Link to cling to magnetic surfaces and become heavier, or, become as light as a feather and even walk on water!
Celestial Compass: this handy naviagational device allows Link to open portals to places he's been!

What's Unique

Minigames: there will be at least two minigames, one of which involves fishing!
Bunches of Graphics: I plan on spriting / tiling about 75% of the graphics!
Sidequests: there will be a bunch of these, if I get around to them, to make up for lacking in dungeonness.  These come absolute last, the plot, and the epic come first.

Current Credits:

ZFGC Community Project - coding help =)
King Mob - sprites
SinkinDevil - sprites
Miragos - sprites
Nabeshin - Teh Fanart Map!
Anyone else who's influenced this game as of yet =)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:40:47 pm by Dark-Hylian »
  • Dawning Hour

Dark-Hylian

Silence
Re: Legend of Zelda: Mirror of Stars
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:42:22 pm »
PROGRESS

Enemy Progress:

Bubbles: 80%
            They currently follow you as planned, sprite properly, die properly, and should harm you properly. When you get withing range they'll follow you until you get far enough away, you move faster than they do. Current issues are with depth, as to where Link is.

Bubbles Following You!

Keese: 80%
          They currently move correctly, and are thoroughly irritating and random. Sprites are PROBABLY placeholders, but there's a chance I'll be lazy and not change them. They sprite correctly, die correctly, and should harm you correctly. Current issues are with the depth, as to where Link is.

Keeses Flying About!

Current Order of Things:

Currently, I've been working on completely, and utterly, and totally, and any other words that describe the meaning of completely, laying out the overworld. The overworld consists of 81 "rooms" currently, which are arranged into 9 larger "areas". I've mapped these all out, and am working vigorously to tile them all out. I've completed this quite time consuming task for 15 rooms now, (and have a need for more graph paper). Thus, the schedule looks something like...

Total Overworld Tiling and Object Placeholders - 10%

VVVVVVV

Code HuD and Menu Stuff - 0%

VVVVVVV

Plan Everything in Dungeon 1

VVVVVVV

Total Dungeon 1 Tiling and Object Placeholders

VVVVVVV

Code Enemies Through Dungeon 1

VVVVVVV

Etc.

The goal is to make a fully functioning environment, before plopping Link in it and seeing if it all works together cohesively. However, every enemy, object and other is tested against Link in a testing program, so it should all work fine before being implemented.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:53:14 pm by Dark-Hylian »
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 07:37:42 am »
I thought it was kind of sad that your project has gotten no replies since it came into existence. Anyway it is cool that you used some of the GM Minish Cap Engine on this (and I noticed you credited it, I am not calling you out in any way saying you are not doing that). Some of the newer stuff like the sub-rooms might be useful for your dungeon rooms, in traversing them and having the sub-rooms not all be the same size.

I guess it is good you have somewhat of a story, but how has progress gone with coding, your screens with some simple enemy movement mostly look like a walking demo. It might be cool to do some overworld stuff or focusing on the dungeon and overworld of a certain map section first so that the "world" seems more real.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 04:18:34 am »
Those screens aren't from a demo or anything, just from the engine in quick, test so and so rooms. Coding's been going decently, and I'm working out one or two more things before I begin work on the miniboss, boss, and dungeon quirks for the first dungeon, and then comes a demo =) The demo's currently planned for some time in march, so I can have all of my spring break to finish working on it, and will include all of the first dungeon, and probably some of death mountain.

On the other hand, story is complete, got most of the quest details sorted, and everything else. Could use some music and sprites if people feel like it, but it's going well enough as is that it's not a big deal. Alright =) I'll check back in here when I have something to post!
  • Dawning Hour

christian

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »
Looks great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 47 queries.

anything