Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Requirements Due Date: 6/15  (Read 7062 times)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: Requirements Due Date: 6/15
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 04:01:34 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Well, we currently don't know what all of the items are, so we can't do that yet.  The other 3 sound good, though!

I think it should be more like this:

-Should not only have the sword, but placeholders for the rest of the items that the player will acquire.

As much as we don't know the items, we can put placeholder images. We don't have to have a use for each item, but we can at least put in the images to space out the menu/make sure it's properly formatted.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 05:16:48 pm »
  • Minalien
Don't listen to her, she's Canadian!

I don't think placeholders should really be done, either, as we don't actually know how many items will be used. The design (and thus, implementation) of the menus will be greatly influenced by the selection of items, so focusing on creating an inventory system that will just be completely changed later on won't do too much good. As far as items are concerned, initial focus should be on creating functionality (which can have placeholders without fear of a complete redesign), simply mapped to buttons that won't end up being used as such in the game to test functionality of different item archetypes (such as thrown, swung, and conditional-use items) until the item selection and designs are finalized.

For example: In a basic engine test, we might map the 'I' key to test a thrown weapon prototype (such as a boomerang), 'O' to test a spell prototype, and 'P' to test a special item, such as an instrument system (Ocarina/harp/whatever).
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 01:46:04 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Well, we know the general functionality of a Zelda menu, so creating a prototype to test so said functionality with a few placeholders here and there shouldn't be a problem.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 07:01:52 am »

I don't think placeholders should really be done, either, as we don't actually know how many items will be used. The design (and thus, implementation) of the menus will be greatly influenced by the selection of items, so focusing on creating an inventory system that will just be completely changed later on won't do too much good. As far as items are concerned, initial focus should be on creating functionality (which can have placeholders without fear of a complete redesign), simply mapped to buttons that won't end up being used as such in the game to test functionality of different item archetypes (such as thrown, swung, and conditional-use items) until the item selection and designs are finalized.

For example: In a basic engine test, we might map the 'I' key to test a thrown weapon prototype (such as a boomerang), 'O' to test a spell prototype, and 'P' to test a special item, such as an instrument system (Ocarina/harp/whatever).

Made my day :P

I think it's good to assume we'll have the following items
-Bombs
-Boomerang
-Bow
-Bottles

The four B's!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 05:29:56 pm »
Oh, awesome, these are due today :)  I'll have these doc'd up when I get home!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 06:12:20 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

*cries* wawawwawa I'm offended.

Yeah sure, sounds good bro. I'm excited to see this spectacular document of SPECTACULAR QUALITY!

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: 28
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 06:24:58 am »
  • b e p i s
Utterly pent written content, Really enjoyed looking at.please feel free to visit these:Jimmy Choo Handbags

DUDE SOUNDS LEGIT, TELL ME MORE
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 07:18:18 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
He rhymes too, holy !@#$%. Pent, Content. Please, These. WHOA!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

thestig

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 07:41:56 am »
Jimmy Choo Handbags
Jimmy Choo Handbags?! No way! Mr. Walkway has some competition, it seems. xD
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 02:13:01 pm »
...What?

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2011, 02:27:47 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Everyone LOVES Jimmy Choo!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 55 queries.