Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Mechanoid Fish  (Read 7703 times)

[Submission] Mechanoid Fish
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:32:07 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Name: Mechanoid Fish or Diving Kamikaze
HP: 2 heart
Description: a motherfucking mechanic fish that will launch a kamikaze attack to Link
Attacks
  Jumping Kamikaze: 1.5 heart. Only works when the player is outside of the water
The fish will launch a kamikaze, in which will jump out of the water to get crash Link
  Diving Kamikaze: 1 heart. Only works when the player is inside of the water
The fish will launch a kamikaze, in which will dive to the player in the point where it saw him

Battle Flow: the enemy will stay in the water, but if Link gets close to the water, the fish will jump and attack Link by the air. The player can avoid, counter attack (when getting close to Link), or use to solve puzzles with the Magnetic Gloves. Using the Magnetic Gloves will grab the fish, and allow Link to gain control over it, being able to swim and dive faster.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:33:49 pm by BlazeBigBang »
Re: [Submission] Mechaniloid Fish
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:32:49 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
You mean Mechanoid Fish. I can be a Grammer Nazi at times. :P

And being able to ride it, was taken from my innovative Sand Glider. :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:40:41 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 10:34:16 pm »
  • It's the grineer

What a bad man you are   >:(
Re: [Submission] Mechanoid Fish
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:34:51 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Reread the post, I edited it. :P

Edit: Edited it again.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:36:49 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:42 pm »
  • It's the grineer

And being able to ride it was based off of my innovative idea for the sand glider. :P

It actually reminds me to a post of a guy once named zdude, and the post was about a motherfucking sand thingy, but I'm not sure, you know :P
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:16 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...

And being able to ride it, was taken from my innovative Sand Glider. :P

It actually reminds me to a post of a guy once named zdude, and the post was about a motherfucking sand thingy, but I'm not sure, you know :P
Sarcasm really helps. I'm creative that's why I came up with "The motherfucking sand thingy", which is exactly how you put it. :P

Also do you understand what Kamikaze is?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:46:05 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 11:00:26 pm »
  • King of the hoard!
Personally I like that they use the Sand Glider's riding mechanic. Since these show up in dungeons there could be some fun puzzles with them, like crashing it into a wall in the Lake Hylia Temple in order to flood another room.  It also makes it easier for the player to determine that Sand Gliders are rideable,  since the player can note that the two enemies behave similarly and therefore might want to try out the magnetic gloves on a Sand Glider to see what happens.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:24:37 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Personally I like that they use the Sand Glider's riding mechanic. Since these show up in dungeons there could be some fun puzzles with them, like crashing it into a wall in the Lake Hylia Temple in order to flood another room.  It also makes it easier for the player to determine that Sand Gliders are rideable,  since the player can note that the two enemies behave similarly and therefore might want to try out the magnetic gloves on a Sand Glider to see what happens.
Maybe have a sign with a diagram of the notion to make it noticable or just have an inscription in the room where you get the magnet gloves, that explains the basic idea of it?

I'll say this then, the Zora made a security system based off of the Sand Gliders Appearance. :P

Mines still more badass since it isn't suicidal.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:41:04 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:40:26 pm »
  • It's the grineer
And it'll be as you looooooooooooooooooooooooooove things: really clunky, so if you want, you can marry them, Shadow.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 11:42:08 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
And it'll be as you looooooooooooooooooooooooooove things: really clunky, so if you want, you can marry them, Shadow.
*Takes Baddass Demonic Broadsword and beheads Blaze.*

*He then rips Blaze's soul out of his chest, and incinerates it with black fire*

*Kicks Blaze's body into a pit and causes the area around it to collapse, burying his bloody corpse*
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:45:19 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 11:45:56 pm »
  • It's the grineer
*The dead body takes out the Gaia Swor- oh wait, I lost it. The body returns to its position*
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 11:48:41 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
*Causes the plane in which Blaze's body is trapped, to collapse causing a spatial abnomally, resulting in Blazes body to become trapped in a pocket dimension deep within the Void World Plane.*

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 12:30:09 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Guys, let's keep the discussion relevant please.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 12:40:49 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Sorry  XD
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 01:38:34 pm »
Okay, about this my opinion is twofold. First I really like the idea of having a water version of Shadow's Sand Glider. I see much potential in it for gamplay uses. Second I really dislike the Kamikaze part, because it is a self-solving problem and a self-blocking solution.

As it is an enemy the Kamikaze makes it a self-solving problem. Just avoid the attack and the fish is gone. Or take the attack and grab a heart (later on). Either way the fish no longer is there to attack you a second time and you didn't need to do anything to acccomplish that.

For puzzles it is a self-blocking solution. Here are a couple of scenario's:
1) Link comes in the room; nears the edge of the water to see what the puzzle is. He gets attacked by a fish or more; the fishes are all gone; the player sees that he needs the fishes to solve the puzzle. The player can no longer solve the puzzle.

2) The player uses the magnet gloves to latch on to a fish and flies over there. Before Link reaches the fish, it takes a sudden turn; the attraction is undone; Link falls in the water; Fish attacks Link; No more fish to ride. No more fish to solve the puzzle.

3) The player uses the magnet gloves to latch on to a fish and flies over there. When Link is close but not yet riding, the fish attacks Link; damages Link; no more fish to ride. No more fish to solve the puzzle.

3) Link rides the fish; attempts to solve the puzzle; bumps a wall; fish blows up; Link fails the puzzle and is back at the beginning; but no more fish to try again;

In the best case scenario Link just has to leave the room and enter again to reset the puzzle. Other cases are leaving the area/dungeon. But the worst case scenario is that the player has to quit and restart the game. All because he cannot progress anymore.

My advice is to make it more like Shadow's sand glider. Having it being really powerful. It leaves the player alone. But when the player attack, it will retaliate and attack the player. You might even have it be a suicide attack, but that does mean that the level designers must be really careful to have a point nearby that can reset the puzzle.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:36 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Firstly,

Nazi your own grammar, sir, or you appear hypocritical :p

Secondly, I like this idea, and Neik, all those scenarios seem super solvable.
1) Respawning fish, sometimes pesky, but keep them limited to 2 at a time and it's manageable.
2) Once you use the magnetic gloves, you can control the fish for as long as you keep the gloves active. This way you can aim the fish where you want it, it won't blow up on you, etc. Once the gloves are on, any fish in range will be under your control. What if there are two fish in range? If we limit it to 2 fish at a time, as I mentioned a sec ago, each can be a different polarity, the one you're attracting is under your control.
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 12:51:42 am »
  • It's the grineer
There are two differents Mechanoid Fishs: the ones with positive charge, and the ones with negative charge. So, I think we all know how magnetism works. You can use Negative Gloves to attract Positive charge Fish, and Positive Gloves to attract Negative charge Fish. Having two in range, if being one  Positive, and other Negative, you attract both and move even easier, than grabing only one.
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 12:55:51 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
how about you have them switch polarities occasionally. That would make it easier and then we would only have a need for one variation.
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 01:28:59 am »
  • It's the grineer
Could work.
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 08:15:53 am »
Secondly, I like this idea, and Neik, all those scenarios seem super solvable.
1) Respawning fish, sometimes pesky, but keep them limited to 2 at a time and it's manageable.
2) Once you use the magnetic gloves, you can control the fish for as long as you keep the gloves active. This way you can aim the fish where you want it, it won't blow up on you, etc. Once the gloves are on, any fish in range will be under your control. What if there are two fish in range? If we limit it to 2 fish at a time, as I mentioned a sec ago, each can be a different polarity, the one you're attracting is under your control.
First the concept of Zelda is that all the enemies are present in the room once you enter. And those are the only ones. Zelda doesn't do respawning. The only reason that enemies respawn is because Link leaves the room and everything has to be reloaded and created. At one point you guys want everything according to official Nintendo guidelines and next it no longer matters.

Second once you let go of the fish, Link will be defenceless in the water. The fish will turn around and attack Link. Because the fish damages Link while he is swimming and diving, there is no way for Link to avoid or defend himself.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 77 queries.