Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contradictory Dungeons  (Read 1669 times)

thestig

Contradictory Dungeons
« on: November 27, 2011, 07:51:44 am »
DUNGEONS AND GAMEPLAY FLOW - There now follows the traditional succession of dungeons, each yielding a new item and a medallion

Current Dungeons:

Roc’s Nest nest perched atop treacherous mountain spires.
    Chain of shipwrecks lost in a great storm.
    Dormant machine frozen in time
    Open Air Forest Temple It was mentioned but not sure if it is going to be added
Taken from: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38245.0#quickreply

Dungeon Order:
Hyrule Castle Town & Field > Deku Swamp > Kokiri Forest > Zora's Domain > River Valley > Lake Hylia > Goron Mountains > Valley of Death > Gerudo Desert
Taken from: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38443.0

Secondly, why have these been decided w/o a story anymore? (I can't find the story thread so I'm assuming that's been purged)
Re: Contradictory Dungeons
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 04:32:09 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
There is no contradiction.  What you're looking at is old information.  The previous design team under Blud decided to redefine the dungeons.  Mind you however, that entire thread is not old content.  You will find the story in that thread, which will be moved to the finalization thread to be indexed shortly.

EDIT: To further clarify, the project definition thread contains information from the first iteration of the project under the user King Mob.  The only content that was confirmed to be brought over was the prologue.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:57:52 pm by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 06:19:37 pm »
  • It's just Max.
So it's the information that in the "current information" thread that's current. Right?

One question, though, just retread the current info to double check for any updates, and just remembered that apparently the leader of each race will have an artifact that allows you access to the dungeon. Is this the item necessary to enter the dungeon? I.E., does the Goron Elder necessarily have to give you the bow, or can you find it elsewhere?
Or, is the artifact that allows you to enter some sort of key or seal or something the leader keeps, and the item is a different thing you'll need?

Or is this not even decided for sure, if it has to be an item, or if there even needs to be this artifact?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 06:32:33 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
The idea for artifacts if I remember correctly was to use them as a key into the dungeon.  Similar to how the Ocarina tunes in Majora's Mask were needed to enter dungeon, except it's now a physical object.  They would be separate from items such as the bow.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:57:14 pm by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

thestig

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 07:13:33 pm »
The idea for artifacts if I remember correctly was to use them as a key into the dungeon.  Similar to how the Ocarina tunes in Majora's Mask were needed to enter dungeon, except it's now a physical object.  They would be separate from items such as the bow.
I like that. It would be a good way to expose side-quests. Oi, Max, how does the sounds of bringing in a Bombers Handbook-esque idea into the game? I realize we haven't touch based on the story quite yet since our primary focus is the items currently. But I figured I would bring this up just to see what you thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 46 queries.

anything