Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Best of the Decade. Vote Now

District 9
Majora's Mask
The Killers
Harry Potter
Doctor Who

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Decade's best tv,games,music,films and books  (Read 15718 times)

Re: The Decade's best tv,games,music,films and b...
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 09:23:42 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Not really, I'm agnostic atheist, it's just the naming convention that was adopted. We still call Christmas Christmas despite it having !@#$%-all to do with the Christian festival except falling on the same day XD By that logic we should object to the naming of planets after old gods (Mars, Venus, Pluto etc.) =P

Also some argue it stands for "Before christian era" and "Christian Era"...the Chinese call it what translates, I believe, to the "Western Era" =P Really none of these matter much =P

I'm surprised nobody argued if you go by the Astronomical calander, year 0 is 1BC, year 1 is 1AD and so forth, which means 1BC to 9AD are the first decade and so-forth ;D

Anyway, enough derailing ^^ So...about this voting I hear tell of?

I voted Elder Scrolls, just because Morrowind introduced me to the western RPG (before that my RPG experience could be summed up in "Final Fantasy") and modding, and is more than fun enough to play even all these years later XD Besides, how many games actually have been returned by someone who purchased it before for being "too addicting"? ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:29:51 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2010, 05:35:22 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
We seem to have a tie :O!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2010, 10:04:33 pm »
The winner is Majora's Mask! We're now doing the Music nominations.Vote now!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2010, 10:39:35 pm »
  • Lul
Waah, I don't recognize these guys (but two of them :d), is Bon Iver a new guy? He's pretty good but I think I'll go for The Killers... Or that Bon-guy... Or... Hmm this was difficult...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2010, 10:48:17 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
IMO if they're unrecognizable then they weren't that big of an impact in the last decade.

I went with Linkin Park, because for the early part of the decade, they were good, and well recognized.
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 10:53:55 pm »
I think these polls really are pointless, come on, the best video game in the last decade clearly wasn't Majora's Mask. And it's not fair to only have a select few in each one. Whatever
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 11:06:20 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
Waah, I don't recognize these guys (but two of them :d)
Same.
IMO if they're unrecognizable then they weren't that big of an impact in the last decade.

I went with Linkin Park, because for the early part of the decade, they were good, and well recognized.
Exactly. I mean who the !@#$% are these guys? I went with Linkin Park also.

I think these polls really are pointless, come on, the best video game in the last decade clearly wasn't Majora's Mask. And it's not fair to only have a select few in each one. Whatever

Yeah, agreed.

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2010, 11:06:21 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
The Poets of the Fall sang "Late Goodbye", the song that plays at the end of Max Payne 2.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atKv1JyQgV8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atKv1JyQgV8</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRVrQsdWDds" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRVrQsdWDds</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iap7PpYNcXQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iap7PpYNcXQ</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj2p_v_FfJ8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj2p_v_FfJ8</a>

Lord help me if none of you ever played Max Payne 2 I shall give up on this forum XD

As for Linkin Park, everything they've ever done ever ever ever after Meteora sucked and they cannot be forgiven for that ever ever ever ever. Jay-Z killed them, the album that followed was essentially pissing on the grave -_- Yes, I am bitter since I was actually hoping it'd be...ya know, decent XD
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 11:09:04 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2010, 11:07:51 pm »
I went with Linkin Park. I don't know the rest. Maybe because they are US only, or I haven't paid much attention to the radio.
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2010, 11:13:02 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
The problem with voting on the best music is the best music is inherently little-known, because mainstream music has to be...well, mainstreamised, a process which typically sucks as much creativity out of the process as possible =P That combined with that a lot of pop feels like it's "made to get rich and famous" and you can see why we have the hipster theory of relativity: If you work of the assumption that great music is meaningful and/or original, then the more obscure a musician is, the greater the potential for the music to be great.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2010, 11:34:53 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
The problem with voting on the best music is the best music is inherently little-known, because mainstream music has to be...well, mainstreamised, a process which typically sucks as much creativity out of the process as possible =P That combined with that a lot of pop feels like it's "made to get rich and famous" and you can see why we have the hipster theory of relativity: If you work of the assumption that great music is meaningful and/or original, then the more obscure a musician is, the greater the potential for the music to be great.

:P "Great" implies masses though. Great music becomes mainstreamed because it is great. Music that is little known is typically not appealing enough to the masses, and therefor not great by definition :P
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2010, 11:46:04 pm »

:P "Great" implies masses though. Great music becomes mainstreamed because it is great. Music that is little known is typically not appealing enough to the masses, and therefor not great by definition :P

Completely disagree, 50 Cent has mainstream music and theres !@#$% all great about him before and after mainstream. Same with Britany Spears (Though she's probably only famous because everyone wanted to !@#$% her [and probably has] before she went batshit).

Some great artists refuse to get signed because of how little control they have over their music afterwards.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2010, 11:53:44 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Completely disagree, 50 Cent has mainstream music and theres !@#$% all great about him before and after mainstream. Same with Britany Spears (Though she's probably only famous because everyone wanted to !@#$% her [and probably has] before she went batshit).

Some great artists refuse to get signed because of how little control they have over their music afterwards.

50 cent and Britney Spears were made to appeal to a specific demographic. That's the only reason they're mainstream; and to their demographic they're great.

Bands like Linkin Park are great because they helped usher in a new demographic to the mainstream community. Much the same as Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam did back in the late 80s early 90s.
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:05 pm »

Bands like Linkin Park are great because they helped usher in a new demographic to the mainstream community. Much the same as Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam did back in the late 80s early 90s.

Yeah back when music was !@#$% good! :P
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2010, 01:40:59 am »
Linkin Park by a mile, because they had some awesome music and the only other artist I recognize are The Killers. Really, wtf, I don't know any of these artists O_o. Must be American.
Although if I had the chance Hilltop Hoods would get my vote.
And I also don't see why we weren't allowed to select more than one option.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010, 01:47:24 am »
For all those saying "Must be american"
Does Ayumi Hamasaki really sound american to you? :P

And Example's British.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2010, 02:16:29 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
While I admit, Ayumi Hamasaki is awesome; she's hardly impacted the past decade enough to warrant being on there <_<;;

Granted I was pretty addicted to her for a while. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7EC309zb0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7EC309zb0</a> This song in particular.

I'm curious how half of these artists are here though... I don't remember anyone nominating any of these :p
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:19:02 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2010, 04:32:47 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
The Killers - American
Example - British
Saltaio - German (I think)
Ayumi Hamasaki    - Japanese
Poets of the Fall    - Finnish
Bon Iver - American
Linkin Park    - American

3 Americans, 4 not American =P
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2010, 05:41:03 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
*write-in vote for Lady Gaga*
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2010, 11:05:23 pm »
  • Fight the Power
*write-in vote for Lady Gaga*
looool

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 78 queries.