Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moblin WIP  (Read 6685 times)

Moblin WIP
« on: February 15, 2020, 06:48:55 pm »
Hey everyone, I've been working on spriting out everyones favorite enemy, the Moblin, from BotW, for my project. I wanted to share my progress here. C+C welcome!
Side View Idle

Side View Attack
Re: Moblin WIP
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 11:45:57 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
That looks awesome!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 05:43:24 pm »
Thanks. Small update and a silly mockup.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 01:14:32 pm »
It looks awesome, but something about it felt off when first looking at it. I think it's because of the perceived angle of the camera on the sprite. It looks like it would fit in perfectly with a side-scrolling game, but not a top down. You should try making some tweaks so fix that. Specifically I think it's above the arm joints and his back. I think that needs to be slightly 'higher' and have some shading so it looks 'longer' from this perspective and like it extends to his second arm.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 02:56:56 pm »
I think I get what you're saying. You should be able to see the top of the shoulder and back? I'll play around with it when I get home from work this evening.

EDIT: Made it so you can see the tops of the shoulders. I think this helped. I really just have the legs and hands to work on before this idle position is finished. Maybe I'll add the second arm in the background, I'm not sure yet.

Update 2/29:
Fixed the shoulders on the attack frame. Also got bored and started on the upward facing sprite. The base I ended up with and messing around with some edits to see how it would look. I think Im going to make it a bit wider like the orange outline.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:46:57 pm by ZoSo »
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 01:47:54 am »
Gonna bump this a little bit with a new post. I've been messing around with the upward facing stance a bit more and would love some critique. My line art isnt the cleanest right now. I tend to draw a rough outline and clean it up as I go, I'd like to get opinions if Im on the right track before I clean up too much/move on any farther. Thanks!

Update 3-7
Been working on the upward facing idle sprite. Lengthened the arms, cleaned up lines, fixed shading. I think its turning out nice.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 04:11:18 pm by ZoSo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 50 queries.