Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] 4 Giants+a little bit of other MM sprites  (Read 14719 times)

Re: Request 4 Giants+a little bit of other MM sp...
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 12:47:38 am »
Btw it doesnt matter what style but fsa would be the best
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:59:29 am by zeemo71 »
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 12:57:53 am »
Oh im sorry I didnt make it clear I love collecting sprites especially good ones (like on here) it makes me happy and enjoy it and when I put it in my collection I just store it unless there in public places like the resource section or spriters resource and half the time when people make sprites n here they never finish them so of corse there is no final copy with the name on it so sorry guys. Btw I willmake my game with the number of dungeons but they will be fun and who doesnt like a long game? Because then it cant get too sad when you beat because then you can go back through it and fin new stuff like the 3 other side dungeons. And finally I seriously want to post the concept on zfgc but not until I post my world map for it on deviant art.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 08:58:50 pm »
@ Random: If one person tells you you're a jerk, you'll shrug it off. If the whole town tells you your a jerk, no doubt you'll think over your life....

@ Zeemo: That's exactly the reason mammy was making. Non finished sprites (with or without names) are best left alone. If they're not creditted, you probably shouldn't use or collect it. I'm not saying you're stealing sprites, but there's an incredibly high risk. Aside from that, refer to mammy's post.
  • Dawning Hour

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 09:55:52 pm »
Zeemo, you're ignoring the point.

Yes a 20 dungeon game would be fun, but I'm saying that you're probably being overly ambitious, trying to create a 20 dungeon game alone. You're making a game larger than OoT and MM combined, and you're trying to do it alone.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 10:04:15 pm »
Well for one I hate it when us spriters hold back sprites theres a guy on DA that makes awesome sprites but keeps them to himself, now the sprites yougys make are awesome! So I colect them and its not like I cant delete the unfinished ones once I get the final copy.      P.s. Im mad because I decided to post my game details in concepts and I got half way through and it just disappers right from the text box and I wouldnt be so mad if I was on my computer but I did it ALL on my phone. Ok and about the game I havent been working on it lately cause I have been making my fakedex from my pokemon game so yes I know I have to many projects but once I get to a computer I will post my game to concepts then a topic in recruitment linking to the page

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 10:22:55 pm »
Zeemo, you're ignoring the point.

Yes a 20 dungeon game would be fun, but I'm saying that you're probably being overly ambitious, trying to create a 20 dungeon game alone. You're making a game larger than OoT and MM combined, and you're trying to do it alone.

I should probably also add; if you want people to give you sprites for your *collection*, make a site and let people submit them. Don't go around passively snagging every sprite you see.
At first, I was a bit choosy in saying you're stealing sprites, but honestly, it's exactly what you're doing. You're helping the spriting community diminish, and stealing the spirit away from it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 11:08:28 pm »
Btw I asked for the sprites for my game because they are they only ones I havent found so I need them and why the mm2d sprites exclusive?. Another point I dont steal sprites and whats the problem with just collecting? Its not like im just giving them away im just keeping them there, plus I collect them for the thrill of finding new sprites...but sadly i've gotton too good at it and I cant find any massive amounts anymore, btw im so good I even went through the past 2 forums of zfgc so all the versions are there (of zfgc)
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 06:45:33 am »
Zeemo, you are missing it. This is the first time I actually have heard that you are making a game. Ever since you joined ZFGC you have been boasting about that you have the largest Zelda graphics collection there is and the only thing you have been doing is collecting sprites for your website that still is not online. And each time you request sprites, you don't give any details to why you request it. Not even a style. Thus it is not hard for anyone to assume you request it to bulk up your collection.

Its not like im just giving them away ...

This isn't true either. Just recently, you compiled a large sheet with several different sprites in different styles and from different source and posted them in a topic where someone had asked about them. You also mentioned that for some sprites you did not know who the original creator was or where you got it from.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:58:29 am by Niek »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 06:48:07 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Could you please show some of your collection?
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 02:13:12 pm »
I wanna see the collection too!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 03:46:59 pm »
Your right I dont give any details and i've mentioned my game a few times and iwould be happy to show you guys my collection once I put it all into seperate folders to organize it (ive got more to organize) so once thats done I can (it wont be hard but im grounded )( im sneaking on my phone) but how. Would I do it? Its like 3gb

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 06:57:16 pm »
  • Xiphirx
(it wont be hard but im grounded )( im sneaking on my phone)

Oh lawdy.

Protip: You're grounded for a reason.
  • For The Swarm

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
iwould be happy to show you guys my collection once I put it all into seperate folders to organize it (ive got more to organize) so once thats done I can (it wont be hard but im grounded )( im sneaking on my phone) but how. Would I do it? Its like 3gb

Boom. That right there is why what you're doing is wrong :P

You're using the sprites you collected by distributing them. Mass distribution of sprites from varied sources means less credit (again) to the designer. It's the reason so many sprites that have originated here that were for looks, not use show up in so many different facets of the internet.

It's wrong.

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 08:04:50 pm »
whoa no its not like i'm giving them away i'm letting only you guys "see" them its not like almost all of them have credit to the spriter any ways. And man you guys just calm down i like collecting sprites for fun it brings me joy (don't know why but it does) like when i find a link to the old zfgc and find a whole bunch of sprites. Plus the spriting community has gotten too tense they are too worried i mean i've made sprites too but its not like i'm THAT worried about them. If someone steals them i will find them. And i'm not going be able to post them anyways because its too big (lol). But seriously let me be.
I asked for the sprites for my game, now once i get the chance (i'm really wanting to like crazy) i will post it to concepts like i said.
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 08:18:24 pm »
He is already doing it with his DA gallery http://zeemo71.deviantart.com/gallery/ and http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=36253.0

i've mentioned my game a few times
Really, I cannot recall that. All I can remember is you boasting about your collection and asking other people to sprite stuff, because there are very little sprites of it on the internet.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 08:51:28 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
whoa no its not like i'm giving them away i'm letting only you guys "see" them

*right clicks* *saves*

As simple as that. That's why you'd be giving them away, and as a result, pissing off every spriter who's sprites you just stole and passed on :\

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:32 pm »
Yup, which makes C+C on some of my latest work hard for others, because I've had to partially obscure em. I agree with Mammy, and Niek. You've posted uncredited work on the internet, not good. This is kind of serious ya know =/

Edit!!!: Just checked Niek's links, and dude, you're sooo busted. Okay...

http://zeemo71.deviantart.com/art/These-are-my-CUSTOM-zoras-152724464

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/showcustom.php?id=94

Check the far right, those CUSTOM ZORA rutos by Silverbolt seem familiar??
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:41:54 pm by Dark-Hylian »
  • Dawning Hour

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 10:23:49 pm »
^ Yep, right there you just claimed that they were your custom ones.

Just by posting them, you're distributing them, because like Mammy said, anyone can just save the image.

This was also the first time I heard about your game, and just by how you've been reacting toward the collections issue, I highly doubt that you could create a 20 dungeon game, let alone a much simpler fangame.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:25:26 pm by Ethelon »

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter

mico206

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 10:43:21 pm »
Looking at the far bottom-right, there are some other 'custom' zora sprites that look like they have been recoloured from one of Desgardes' zora sprites.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 10:46:33 pm »
That, and a very lousy recolor job. Could do just as much shifting the hue darker blue by about 3%.
  • Dawning Hour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.512 seconds with 78 queries.