Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wii's Summer Line-Up.  (Read 2541 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
The Wii's Summer Line-Up.
« on: June 22, 2008, 12:38:50 am »
  • Silly cat!
Let's take a look what the Wii has to offer over the next three months (according to IGN), shall we?

Rock Band: Special Edition
Top Spin 3
Alone in the Dark
WALL-E
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1
We Love Golf!
Order Up!
MLB Power Pros 2008
Madden NFL '09 All-Play
Mario Super Sluggers
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '09 All-Play
Sam & Max: Season One
LEGO Batman: The Videogame
Monster Lab
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
de Blob
Samba de Amigo

Right. Hm.

What kind of list is that?

Actually, it's not a bad list, really. But at the same time, it is. There are some games on that list that have the potential to score really well. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Top Spin, We Love Golf!, Mario Sluggers, Sam & Max, LEGO Batman, Star Wars, de Blob and Samba de Amigo at least have the potential to score in the 8s. But is anyone even looking forward to those games? The only games there that are actually exclusive, or not remakes, are We Love Golf!, de Blob, Mario Sluggers and Samba de Amigo. But is anyone even looking forward to those games? My point, the casuals seem to have a nice selection with the above list (what with Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Tiger Woods, Madden and so on) but the core gamers have NOTHING in that list. The Nintendo fanboy has Mario Sluggers, yippee.

Now, such a cynical topic wouldn't be complete with the Xbox 360 list, would it?

Baja: Edge of Control
Battlefield: Bad Company
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Infinite Undiscovery
LEGO Batman: The Videogame
Madden NFL 09
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Soulcalibur IV
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tales of Vesperia
TNA iMPACT!
Tom Clancy's HAWX
Too Human
Unreal Tournament III
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault

Blah. What a good line-up. There's something for everyone in that list, not just casual gamers. Fighting gamers can get their hands on Soul Calibur IV, FPS lovers will have UT3 and Battlefield, RPG freaks have got Infinite Undiscovery and Tales of Vesperia, and racing fanatics will have Midnight Club to look forward to. Not to mention the sports and strategy games there. Oh, and Too Human for guys like me who love a good action-adventure.

What's Nintendo and the third-parties doing? Why do the next three months on Wii look so bleak? You know that when games like Order Up! and Wall-E make the list, something is definitely wrong. I can't see myself getting anything on the Wii list, except maybe de Blob because I like to support Australian developers, and Samba de Amigo depending on the reviews (I'd get GH but Aerosmith sucks).

Where on 360 I'll most definitely be picking up Soulcalibur IV (very hyped for that one) and I'm considering Too Human as I type.

Fingers crossed Nintendo and third-parties will show off something decent at E3, so the holiday season on Wii will have something to compete with Gears 2.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:40:56 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Re: The Wii's Summer Line-Up.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 12:41:21 am »
  • The Mike
Mario Super Sluggers looks pretty cool. Rock Band, bleh. GH: Aerosmith, meh. The rest, I dunno. Not really a good lineup. I guess the only highlight will be at E3 and possibly Sluggers.

• Zelda Eternity

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 12:44:27 am »
  • Silly cat!
Exactly. Sluggers. You know it'll be 'okay' at the very least, because Nintendo is working on it. Actually, I had a look and it doesn't look too bad. But everything else? Nup.

Also, speaking of Soulcalibur...

I love how Namco design these boxes. Kinda sucks how I won't get to play as Vadar though D: Also, it kind of bothers me how they had to make "Soulcalibur Legends" instead of Soul Calibur IV on Wii. I understand the graphics would have been severely toned down, and some of the physics as well (and in the end that can become a lot of work) but, at the same time I think it would have been awesome to see a Soulcalibur with guest stars Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, Pit, Isaac and Ike. And whatever else they could have got their hands on.

Would've been nice... it's a shame developers don't take the Wii seriously.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:12:41 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 01:02:40 am »
  • Xiphirx
I really just want to see what they have in store for E3.

Nintendo states that they were not going to introduce casual games... but games for "hardcore" gamers. : D
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 01:07:08 am »
Now lets see what games on those lists i actually want.
Wii:

Mario Super Sluggers
Star Wars: Forced Unleashed

don't have a 360, but if i did

Soul Calibur IV
Tales of Vesperia if it comes to the US.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 02:45:50 am »
  • :3
Mario Super Sluggers looks like absolute bollocks. The action is slow-paced, when you get a homerun, you get a cut-scene or your character jogging along at the slowest speed ever, waving to the crowd, to first base. Even the ball moves really slowly. And what is UP with the characters? Ok, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi I'm fine with, since they were from actual games, and Baby Bowser too. But when we start seeing characters like Baby Donkey Kong and Baby Daisy it's just ridiculous, and just cheap. Mario Kart Wii did the same thing, "LOL BABY EQUIVALENTS OF EVERY CHARACTER ARE UNIQUE AND INDIVIDUAL". Of course they aren't. Baby Mario and Luigi being the exception, since they're there as actual characters, not to add a cutesy appeal to the game, which is exactly what Baby Peach is doing, and this is why Nintendo can't shake off that kiddy image. What next? Baby Magikoopa? Blegh. What you have is a slow-paced game that is nowhere near as exciting as baseball should be, with half of all the characters nothing more than shoddy remakes. Ok, not half of all the characters, but it's going to go that way soon if Nintendo can just keep using this same strategy.

Compared to Mario Strikers, this is just pathetic.
Gannon-banned brother.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 06:38:34 am »
Wii is the shovelware console of choice.

old news.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 06:54:29 am »
  • Silly cat!
Wii is the shovelware console of choice.

old news.
Yes, but it doesn't have to be.

I honestly believe developers will start to take the Wii seriously at some point. It's already happening to some extent with developers like High Voltage Software, Factor 5, Camelot and Ubisoft at least trying, and I'm confident things will improve in the future.

When, I dunno. Hopefully we'll see some changes at E3.

Hoffy.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 07:01:23 am »
For me Star Wars: The Force Unleashed makes up for the rest of the lineup. I've really wanted to play with a lightsaber on the wii and that totally fulfills my wildest dreams :P Other then that I can't really see myself caring for to many more of those titles =\ You know what I wanna see? I new lego racers game that would be awsome. Though not at all like lego racers 2 that sucked more like 1 that was like the best game ever invented :P
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 07:04:45 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
For me Star Wars: The Force Unleashed makes up for the rest of the lineup. I've really wanted to play with a lightsaber on the wii and that totally fulfills my wildest dreams ...

Star Wars is the only thing on the list that caught my attention.  Of course, I don't have a Wii, so asdfghjkl;

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 07:27:05 am »
Ubisoft at least trying

Yep, babyz and horsez is SSS stuff from ubisoft.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 10:59:27 am »
I hope Top Spin 3 is worthy, if so, I may look onto it...

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:30 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Ubisoft at least trying

The Rayman Raving Rabbids games are at least decent, Swiftu.

ffs Swiftu, a little optimism would be nice from you some of the time >_____>;

Hoffy.
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 12:15:21 am »
I'm looking forward to Sam and Max and Samba De Amigo.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 10:23:35 pm »
  • odens knop
I'm considering Too Human as I type.

I can't help to point out that Too Human is being developed by Silicon Knights, which as you probably know are the creators of Eternal Darkness, which I know that you reviewed.  I don't know if you've played any of their other games, but they're quality stuff.  Especially MGS: Twin Snakes.... *drool*

But you I'd keep an eye on it, cause it seems pretty cool.  I hope they make a PS3 port if it turns out to be good.  Anybody know anything about SK's relationship with Sony?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:58 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Ubisoft at least trying

He's right though. Ubisoft is pretty much !@#$% when it comes to Wii games.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 06:28:27 am »
Ubisoft at least trying

Ubisoft is totally !@#$% with their Wii games. The rabbids where not funny anymore after the first game. And now they bring out 2 of those shitty games a year. Plus all those ports they !@#$% up(Farcry, BIA,POP). I wish Ubisoft would loose their Wii development license.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 07:04:11 am »
  • Silly cat!

I can't help to point out that Too Human is being developed by Silicon Knights, which as you probably know are the creators of Eternal Darkness, which I know that you reviewed.  I don't know if you've played any of their other games, but they're quality stuff.  Especially MGS: Twin Snakes.... *drool*

But you I'd keep an eye on it, cause it seems pretty cool.  I hope they make a PS3 port if it turns out to be good.  Anybody know anything about SK's relationship with Sony?
Yeah, I'm quite aware of Silicon Knights' history, and considering the amount of time they've put into this game (the development started in the early PlayStation days) you can tell it's going to make another great 360 game on everyone's lists.

What I like most about Too Human however is that it is an Action/Adventure game, a genre I find to be severely lacking on 360 (well there is Assassin's parkour, which sucks). On that note, what I DON'T like about Too Human is the stupid sci-fi setting... it seems like 360 developers have been milking this setting since the console was released, and I for one was never a fan of it, and I'm really quite tired of retarded aliens and guys in big mechanical suits. Honestly, Fable 2 is going to be one nice breath of fresh air.

Ubisoft at least trying

Ah, point taken :P.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:21:26 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 07:19:37 am »

SK and Dyack can go suck a tree. Twin Snakes sucked, and so did Eternal Darkness. I'm not expecting much from Too Human.
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 11:13:27 am »
  • odens knop
SK and Dyack can go suck a tree. Twin Snakes sucked, and so did Eternal Darkness. I'm not expecting much from Too Human.

Is there any optimism in you?  What sucked about Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 78 queries.

anything