Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] World of Chaos 2: Ken's Adventure  (Read 3872 times)

Koh

[WIP] World of Chaos 2: Ken's Adventure
« on: August 21, 2008, 01:30:03 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
Info
Hey, its me again.  You guys know I haven't posted a new project here in awhile, right? Well guess what? I AM STICKING TO THIS!!!!! I had this idea years ago, when I made the first Ken's Adventure (anyone remember that), but I lost that file, and besides, I'm much more skilled at programming now ^.^.  Well anyway, you can kinda say this is a sequel to World of Chaos, but at the same time, you can't.  World of Chaos had no story, it was just a hard side-scrolling RPG.  But, this sorta has the same character, but it still deals with a world going into chaos, so you can kinda say it is a sequel.  Well nevertheless, sequel or not (its up to you), I am starting the project again, but from a better angle.  You'll see when I get enough in for a nice little demo.

Story (OMG, HE ACTUALLY HAS A STORY O=)
Like most other games, everything starts out fine, same here, but this is what happens.  Ken and his friends are doing whatever in their village.  Meanwhile, in some place far away from the village, there is this Evil Wizard dude (no name yet), who plots to change the world into his own twisted image.  So, he uses his dark powers along with the Darkness Elixir to start chaos.  Those materials combined produced a substance so vile, that it caused most of the friendly monsters to go insane and start attacking people, and also caused nature to transform into evil beings.  This is when it reaches Ken's village, and now its time for another journey =/.

Screen-shots (New to Old)

Controls
Z - Jump
X - Attack with your equipped weapon (if any)
Enter - Will be to access the menu, working on it.
Space - Will be to spend your stat points when you level up and are in the menu

Credits
RPG Maker 2003: Music & Sounds
Mit: Text Engine (I still don't know how I am to do one yet =/)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:02:01 am by dlbrooks33 »
  • Megaclipse Games

Koh

Re: [WIP] World of Chaos 2: Ken's Adventure
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:21:31 am »
  • Tamer Koh
OMG DOUBLE POST DX.  I wanted to show you guys how the menu is going to look:

About the "Press space to use sp!", it looks like that cause it flashes white to blue while fading in and out.  its only there if you have SP.  And as you can see, it will send you to the bottom left box, to spend your skill points as you wish.  Each upgrade has its own sound =).  The top 5 Boxes on the boxes on the bottom right represent Weapon items, where you can equip your weapon.  The other 10 are just item boxes, so you can take anything that you need/hold keys and stuff.  Potions etc. (Better than World of Chaos already, no?).  By the way, you guys are gonna love the way the new Slime AI is from the old World of Chaos.  These things are vicious and actually attack with the ball on their head =).  Well, any suggestions about the menu? Cause I am so loving this so far ^.^.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:49:47 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
I think that bed in the screenshot winked at me O.o.

Anyway good to see you with another project, I rather enjoyed the first game even though having the ability to throw the sword and swing it made throwing more favourable :P.

I've always wanted to make my own RPG but I can never commit to it, I'm glad someone enjoys making them :), can't wait for more info and screenies, I will DEFINITELY be keeping an eye out for this one.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace

Koh

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 01:32:51 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
Thanks for sticking true =).  Well I'm actually moving alot faster than I had planned, for example:

I already have the weapon system in along with the descriptions.  Also, the attacking checks to ensure you are attacking with the right weapon =).  If I'm right and I am able to keep moving this fast, I should be able to get a nice demo in by next Friday =).
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 03:28:15 pm »
  • Minalien
It's looking pretty decent, dlbrooks. Although normally I'd disagree with such as generic and cliche idea for the story, you could actually work something like that and make the game's storyline somewhat humorous rather than a serious RPG; That would be a pretty unique point to add to your game, which would make people more inclined to play it. I was originally planning on having Valkyrie (my in-development XBOX 360 RPG) be a parody of a lot of popular RPGs and Adventure games.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Koh

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 05:39:36 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
lol, thanks, I'll keep that in mind X3.  I would like the peoples opinion on my tileset I made:

I tried to put alot of detail in the grass.  To be honest, I never thought it would turn out this good lol.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:56:25 pm »
  • The devil in the mirror.
lol, thanks, I'll keep that in mind X3.  I would like the peoples opinion on my tileset I made:

I tried to put alot of detail in the grass.  To be honest, I never thought it would turn out this good lol.

Looks good, but maybe make a tile or two of the top grass a bit different, for variation. :)
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!

Koh

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 01:03:16 am »
  • Tamer Koh
hey Guys, guess what? I did everybody's favorite thing in RPG's: Items.  Yes, and these will be essential in this game, because the monsters ARE vicious, so buy healing potions when you can if you don't like to raise your max HP using stat points =).

• Megaclipse Games
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 09:50:08 am »
The menu looks very professional... but clustered at the same time. I guess because of the resolution it can't be helped.

Good work so far.
the a o d c
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 08:57:41 pm »
  • I cannot lose!
Hey, nice to see your work again. I liked Ken's Adventure, so I can't wait to try this out. :3
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 12:19:33 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
Well it's great to see more on the inventory screen and such, is this game going to be level by level or more from an Adventure/Rpg/Platformer perspective kind like Castlevania 2 :D?

I love exploring providing the scenery is nice XD.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace

Koh

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 03:08:54 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
I just wanted to tell you guys that I start my junior high school year on Tuesday, so progress on this will most likely slow down.  But, yeah, this is going to be an adventure RPG, so its NOT level by level like the first World of Chaos =).
  • Megaclipse Games

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 08:44:35 pm »
Dlbrooks, have you ever thought adding quests into your game? (You know like fetch 5 apples or kill the troll on the bridge etc etc)
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 08:48:19 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I just wanted to tell you guys that I start my junior high school year on Tuesday, so progress on this will most likely slow down.  But, yeah, this is going to be an adventure RPG, so its NOT level by level like the first World of Chaos =).
Woah, you're making quality engines and you just start junior high? I was making terrible OOT2D engines at that time. Good going.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 10:50:23 pm »
I like the menus and such, as the rpg elements, it looks really nice, looking forward to it. :)
Good luck with it. :D

Koh

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 01:09:01 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
Woah, you're making quality engines and you just start junior high? I was making terrible OOT2D engines at that time. Good going.

Woah, when I said that, i didn't mean middle school, I meant 11th grade lol.
  • Megaclipse Games
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 70 queries.

anything