Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The legend of Zelda GENERATION (DEMO)  (Read 22501 times)

GANONSLAY3R

my xbox live gamer tag - GANON SLAY3R
Re: Ocarina of Time Re-imagined (NO GANON!!! )
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 01:45:53 pm »
 the screen shot showing the lantern is in the night time outside, Not inside a cave where it would be complete darkness.
the lantern also as its own engine that creates a light effect and isn't a black square with a whole cut in.

OTHER NEWS

Ganon will not be in the game and will be replaced with Vaati and as for all other temple bosses, ill be replacing the ones in OOt with the temple bosses from the minish cap.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:55:34 pm by GANONSLAY3R »
Ocarina of Time Re-imagined cooming soon....
  • OOT Re-imagined Web

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Ocarina of Time Re-imagined
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I know you're going for the "same but different" vibe, but now it's kind of getting to the point that it feels like things are removed just for the sake of removing them, and not for the sake of reinventing the story :P

I would also work on the lantern; the effect could be much better accomplished with some HSL changes on Link by making his sprite *above* the lanterns light radius, and changing his hue to a more purple shade with lightness down when unlit, and setting him to normal with maybe more yellow when it is lit. I mean when you think about it, the lantern working outside of caverns should be just a visual aesthetic, so extra consideration should be taken there to make it look worth using outside at night. Otherwise it looks like the screen was faded, and then a light gradient circle was plopped ontop of Link with it's alpha lowered. It really just leaves Link looking faded because the dark toned down his colors, and then the light just further brightened the already faded colors.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:30:48 pm by Mamoruアニメ »

2d_games

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 04:40:34 pm »
the screen shot showing the lantern is in the night time outside, Not inside a cave where it would be complete darkness.
the lantern also as its own engine that creates a light effect and isn't a black square with a whole cut in.

OTHER NEWS

Ganon will not be in the game and will be replaced with Vaati and as for all other temple bosses, ill be replacing the ones in OOt with the temple bosses from the minish cap.

If you make those changes the game is no longer OoT Re-imagined but a Minish Cap fangame.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 06:19:07 pm »
I have to agree that this is no longer re-imagining OOT. To me it seems now that you called it OOT Re-imagined to get everyones attention and just make a random game with whatever resources that are easy to come by. Kind of a cheapshot.

I also think that the night time darkness is not dark enough to warant the lantern.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:07:45 pm by Niek »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »
I also agree. You gotta have the bosses! That's what made the game awesome
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 11:13:03 pm »

OTHER NEWS

Then it isn't !@#$% OoT, this is just a normal fangame.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 01:39:03 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Sounds like a cop-out because you don't have any of OOT's bosses in Minish cap style. Kind of lame, since your game is now the Minish cap re-imagined.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 01:49:51 am »
Sounds like a cop-out because you don't have any of OOT's bosses in Minish cap style. Kind of lame, since your game is now the Minish cap re-imagined.

This, especially since ganon is the final boss, not vaati.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 04:05:18 am »
OTHER NEWS

Like everyone-else, this is a really big change. Your game is turning up well and all, but I hope there would be some more original (as in not copied) content and I also hope you reconsider. If recreating the bosses are the problem, then maybe you shouldn't just give up so easily.
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 10:55:15 am »
Screenshots looks promising. Can't wait to see some of it in motion.
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 11:11:33 am »
Yes, stuff starts getting messy when it comes to think of/make sprites of bosses. It's an easy alternative.
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 12:23:15 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Give this guy a break. I personally like what I'm seeing at the moment.
The only thing I have to remind you, is that don't change the original idea too much. It'll still have to be based on OoT :P
But yeah, nice ideas and great screenshots.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

GANONSLAY3R

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 02:22:49 pm »
changing the bosses to the MC ones in my opinion is the best way to go at the moment, not coz I'm lazy, but to help get this game finished.
I'm not changing the story and it will still have that OoT feeling when playing it, just give me a chance and hopfully you'll like what i come up with.  XD
I would also work on the lantern; the effect could be much better accomplished with some HSL changes on Link by making his sprite *above* the lanterns light radius, and changing his hue to a more purple shade with lightness down when unlit, and setting him to normal with maybe more yellow when it is lit. I mean when you think about it, the lantern working outside of caverns should be just a visual aesthetic, so extra consideration should be taken there to make it look worth using outside at night. Otherwise it looks like the screen was faded, and then a light gradient circle was plopped ontop of Link with it's alpha lowered. It really just leaves Link looking faded because the dark toned down his colors, and then the light just further brightened the already faded colors.

thanks for the tip, i'll get to work on that
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:35:48 pm by GANONSLAY3R »
  • OOT Re-imagined Web
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 05:04:00 pm »
So oot with mc bosses and graphics I mean if the story is the same then I guess it won't be to bad but if u change the story it won't be to much like oot  but I'm still looking forward to playing it

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 06:48:36 pm »
changing the bosses to the MC ones in my opinion is the best way to go at the moment, not coz I'm lazy, but to help get this game finished.
I'm not changing the story and it will still have that OoT feeling when playing it, just give me a chance and hopfully you'll like what i come up with.  XD

You're changing the final boss from Vaati to Ganon, and changing other bosses, how in the heck is that not changing the story when the story is "Ganon did this !@#$%"

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 10:12:34 pm »
  • .越//
I'm not changing the story and it will still have that OoT feeling when playing it, just give me a chance and hopfully you'll like what i come up with.  XD

You're changing the final boss from Vaati to Ganon, and changing other bosses, how in the heck is that not changing the story when the story is "Ganon did this !@#$%"

well even when i think that this project was wrong done from the first screenshot i've seen...

the story isn't "ganon did this !@#$%" the story is: "that one of the very rare desert "man" is possessed by evil and comes to the kingdom ofhyrule to seek the triforce and kidnapps the princess to get it"

just the same as LttP until then... so you could replace ganondorf (who becomes (pig) ganon through the triforce power, as a tranformation of his evil) even with aghanim to tell the same story... you just need a "man possessed from evil, which comes from the desert"

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 10:48:42 pm »

well even when i think that this project was wrong done from the first screenshot i've seen...

the story isn't "ganon did this !@#$%" the story is: "that one of the very rare desert "man" is possessed by evil and comes to the kingdom ofhyrule to seek the triforce and kidnapps the princess to get it"

just the same as LttP until then... so you could replace ganondorf (who becomes (pig) ganon through the triforce power, as a tranformation of his evil) even with aghanim to tell the same story... you just need a "man possessed from evil, which comes from the desert"

Yes, one male born of the garudo every thousand years or some !@#$%, Hell you first see ganon like an hour or 2 into the game depending on how long it takes you to beat the deku tree.. The story is Ganondorf did this !@#$%. You can't take out Ganondorf and expect it to be the same, the story changes. It's always been Ganondorf.

Link of Hyrule

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 09:39:35 am »
Looks good. Can't wait to try it.
 :)

GANONSLAY3R

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 03:03:36 pm »
Its been a while since i last posted, because ive been working on the new HUD layout and re-tiling most of the rooms.
Here's a new screen

Has you can see in the screen there's no action button on the HUD and has now been moved to Navi, since there's no Z targeting, it give Navi some importance.
  • OOT Re-imagined Web

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 05:08:57 pm »
  • .越//
*_* thats some SWEET idea

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 78 queries.