Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantastic Island  (Read 1162 times)

Fantastic Island
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:01:47 pm »

Jacques is an average teenager. And a whale.

He's in love with his classmate, the beautiful Lulu. But he's not the only one vying for her affections. Roderick is attractive, he's rich, and he's a slick jock who can have any girl he wants.
But he wants Lulu.

To win her heart, Jacques is going to impress Lulu by doing what no whale has ever dared: going up onto the surface of the forbidden island and plundering its many treasures. He'll even wear an eye patch to ensure his success! But what perils lie in wait for him on the island that should be deserted?

First of all, this game is (unfortunately) not Samurai Badger and the Case of the Mushroom Smugglers.

This is a game that's been in progress for a while, since about the tail end of 2008, but only conceptually. Some of you may have noticed the broken-tailed pirate whale in my avatar - that's Jacques.
[Here's some early concept art.]

The game will feature a connected world of fantastic locales, all on one island. In addition, the player can explore the ocean and interact with the sorted denizens of the deep. But the real mystery lies on the island.

As Jacques explores and collects treasures, his motivations will change, and possibly vary from his intended path. Thus, the game will also feature multiple endings, depending on Jacques' current goals.

Jacques will sometimes encounter strange objects on the island as well. His father will turn them into gadgets that help Jacques accomplish his goals.

I'll be showing more as we ramp up to Z3. For now, here's a look at Jacques and some other inhabitants of Whale Village.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:43:39 pm by Nabeshin »

Mirby

Drifter
Re: Fantastic Island
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:43:42 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
THAT'S what your avvy is about! Lookin' forward to more info!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Re: Fantastic Island
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 11:10:02 pm »

A couple tilesets in action. They're both pretty WIP, but the cave moreso.
24 x 24, by the way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 43 queries.

anything