Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Piracy... >>  (Read 19471 times)

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
Re: Piracy... >>
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2008, 04:32:41 pm »
the writers chose to go on strike.

Their union chose for them.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2008, 04:36:38 pm »
What I dont get is that theres bigger problems in this world and todays society that require more concentration and work then some whiney chart !@#$% who wants money to buy another house...
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2008, 04:39:23 pm »
  • *whistle*
the writers chose to go on strike.

Their union chose for them.

The union represents the workers, and for the union to decide, the majority of union members would have to decide. De facto, the workers chose to strike. At any rate, writers do not have to be members of the union.

Either way, the point stands: Writers chose to strike, but that doesn't give you the right to choose for music artists and steal their work.
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2008, 08:44:03 pm »
What I dont get is that theres bigger problems in this world and todays society that require more concentration and work then some whiney chart !@#$% who wants money to buy another house...

It doesn't take a whole world of effort to just get your songs on iTunes, or another online store, instead of downloading them for free.
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2008, 08:46:36 pm »

It doesn't take a whole world of effort to just get your songs on iTunes, or another online store, instead of downloading them for free.
No...What I mean is these organizations are using millions and millions of pounds to track these people when that money-- much like the millions and millions of pounds these people earn despite not deserving the sheer amount they get-- can be put to a much better use...
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2008, 01:48:32 am »
Look its illegal download music unless stated that the music/ tv show/ movie is free for download. Who cares if you aren't getting a physicaly copy of it, when you buy a cd or dvd or tape or whatever, are you buying it just for the physical dvd and not the content on it? Do you buy a wii game because you want the disc?
If so, just buy blank dvds/ cds becasue they are a lot cheaper than buying a propper cd/ dvd.

Most of you people have no idea about the rights to intellectual property, property that is not tangible or physical, but is still counted as an asset and has an assigned monetary value to it. Its just as illegal to steal intangible (no-phyisical property) as it is to steal tangible property. Sure the authorities may be targeting the people who distribute the music/ movies rather than the people who download it, but thats because its easier to do that, instead of finding millions of individuals, why not try and cut off the source. The exact same thing with drug crimes, people who supply drugs are punished more severly than those that buy the drugs. But people who buy drugs or use them, are still punished, in the same way its immoral to download music.

Why do you think authorities are trying to stop the people who supply the music and the p2p frameworks, if downloading music is legal? There would be no point.

Why does itunes music shop exist? So people can download music, legally. Thus it should prove that downloading music for free, that normally you would pay for, is illegal, there should be no question about it.

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2008, 03:10:21 am »
in the same way its immoral to download music.

Morality is relative.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2008, 04:24:25 am »

Morality is relative.
Morality isn't relative.

For example, it used to be legal to have african americans as slaves. Did that make it moral? Just because white people viewed themselves as superior and black people as inferior, didn't make their actions moral.

Or what about theft, its never ok to steal something from someone else, no matter what culture you live in. Who has the right to take something that is yours? Even if a corrupt government supported that, i can assure you the person who had the thing being stolen from him would feel exactly the same as someone would feel today.

Or oppression of people groups. Over the centuries different groups of people have been oppressed, whether it be because of race or some other commonality, these people were terrorised and tortured because of that thing they had in common. This happened to the Jews, its now happening to the Palestinians in Israel, and there are plenty more examples. Just because a society deems it acceptable to do that, doesnt make their actions right.
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2008, 05:07:31 am »

Morality is relative.
Morality isn't relative.

For example, it used to be legal to have african americans as slaves. Did that make it moral? Just because white people viewed themselves as superior and black people as inferior, didn't make their actions moral.

Or what about theft, its never ok to steal something from someone else, no matter what culture you live in. Who has the right to take something that is yours? Even if a corrupt government supported that, i can assure you the person who had the thing being stolen from him would feel exactly the same as someone would feel today.

Or oppression of people groups. Over the centuries different groups of people have been oppressed, whether it be because of race or some other commonality, these people were terrorised and tortured because of that thing they had in common. This happened to the Jews, its now happening to the Palestinians in Israel, and there are plenty more examples. Just because a society deems it acceptable to do that, doesnt make their actions right.

Actually, morality is relative. My morals may differ from your morals and I'm sure many other ZFGCers have different versions of morals as well. Now that I think about it my morals do differ from your morals. I don't think it is immoral to download songs.

What is morality but a concept created by man to be a guideline for every day behavior?
Ya I'm a show off.
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2008, 05:22:10 am »

Morality is relative.
Morality isn't relative.

Actually, morality is relative. My morals may differ from your morals and I'm sure many other ZFGCers have different versions of morals as well. Now that I think about it my morals do differ from your morals. I don't think it is immoral to download songs.

What is morality but a concept created by man to be a guideline for every day behavior?
But just because your opinion says that it is not immoral to download songs illegally, doesnt make it moral.

Just say I thought that murder was ok according to my morals. How would I go in court?
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2008, 05:40:54 am »
Just say I thought that murder was ok according to my morals. How would I go in court?

You think of morals as what is intrinsically right. thibledorf thinks of morals as what he himself feels is right.

Thus you can't argue and will always clash.
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2008, 05:42:57 am »

You think of morals as what is intrinsically right. thibledorf thinks of morals as what he himself feels is right.

Then we are defining different things, thus 2 words should be used rather than the same.
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2008, 10:04:19 pm »

Then we are defining different things, thus 2 words should be used rather than the same.

How are you defining morals then?
As far as thinking killing is moraly ok but that not standing up in court, what you mentioned isn't morals. It's the law.

Oh, and CelestialEsper, for once I think you get my point entirely.
Ya I'm a show off.
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2008, 06:56:17 pm »
Thanks? o_O

ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2008, 11:24:59 pm »
Ya I'm a show off.
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2008, 05:28:48 am »
el oh el

Oh, and I thought I'd add this:

what you mentioned isn't morals. It's the law.

Where did that law come from? Morals perhaps?
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2008, 10:21:34 am »
el oh el

Oh, and I thought I'd add this:

what you mentioned isn't morals. It's the law.

Where did that law come from? Morals perhaps?
that particular law comes from the government's initial intention of protecting the people

murder being legal would really put no need for government at all.
  • Google Profile
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 67 queries.

anything