Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Bias?  (Read 5558 times)

ZFGC Bias?
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:33:51 am »
I'm not saying the administration or ZFGC staff is like this, but the members are. Why is it we can sit here and mock religion, but we can't mock evolution? Why can I talk about how much I hate Christians, but not about how much I hate gays?

And yes, I know I can make a post that says "I !@#$% hate !@#$%!" and if it's in remotely good context (like a gay debate thread) It won't be deleted. Is it really justified? Is it okay to have someones life style mocked every time you come on here? I'm a christian, but I don't go around forcing it on people, so why should I have to read comments saying I'm stupid just because someone else believes the same thing I do? You can say "Don't read the thread/post!" but really, If I make a thread called "Evolution is !@#$%, morons!" You're not going to ignore it. you're going to post, and fight, and everything else. Don't give me that be the better man !@#$% because no one is able to do that anymore.

I'm just sick of people mocking religion randomly. Just because you don't believe in something that doesn't make it right or wrong.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

ali

Re: ZFGC Bais?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:34:31 am »
You spelled Bias wrong
Re: ZFGC Bias?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:35:44 am »
You spelled Bias wrong
I knew it was one of the two. Thanks for your help.

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:36:48 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
The bias on ZFGC is definitely that of a leftist-atheist ideology. Personally, I'm a Centrist Libertarian Atheist.

If you wish to engage in a serious debate, whether on evolution, morality, religion, anything.. I would be happy to.

You see the way I act in Spam or around some of the mods, but that's just my cocky online persona. I'm not actually like that, just ask some of my friends on here (Pyro, Drewdelz) and they'll tell you I'm not actually some immature, angsty Christian-hating flamer. :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 02:49:03 am by Lunar »

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 02:48:16 am »
The bias on ZFGC is definitely that of a leftist-atheist ideology. Personally, I'm a Centrist Libertarian Atheist.

If you wish to engage in a serious debate, whether on evolution, morality, religion, anything.. I would be happy to.

You see the way I act in Spam or around some of the mods, but I'm just being my cocky self. I'm not actually like that, just ask some of my friends on here (Pyro, Drewdelz) and they'll tell you I'm not actually some immature, angsty Christian-hating flamer. :P
That's good to know, but I'm more referring to the jokes than the serious beliefs. I mean, I'm truly sick of people on the internet (Atheist for me, but some Christians do this too) just posting things like "LoL Religion is wrong! Jesus was gayz!" If people want to debate this stuff maturely they can. Personally I don't see the point as God can never be 100% proven or disproven.  and even if it's 99% to one nobody will give up.

Other things that bug me is that I can't say I hate something someone else likes without getting into a flame war. So what if I like motion censer video games. Who cares if I think being gay is wrong? Does it really ruin someone else's day? As long as I'm not going to your house and breaking your PS3, or beating you down calling you a !@#$% you shouldn't insult me.

It's human nature to hate. Religion, Atheist, Game systems, black people, gays, people who like red, people who like blue. We all hate things. As long as we're being mature and not killing people or hurting people over it I think it's okay.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 02:55:51 am »
EXACTLY.

Libertarianism in a nutshell. If you want to hate gays (hate is too strong a word, I hope), that's not my business. As long as you aren't physically or excessively mentally harassing these people, there is no crime. I can debate you, say that what you're doing is wrong, but I couldn't physically stop you from doing what you believe.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 02:57:29 am »

You see the way I act in Spam or around some of the mods, but I'm just being my cocky self. I'm not actually like that, just ask some of my friends on here (Pyro, Drewdelz) and they'll tell you I'm not actually some immature, angsty Christian-hating flamer. :P
That's good to know, but I'm more referring to the jokes than the serious beliefs. I mean, I'm truly sick of people on the internet (Atheist for me, but some Christians do this too) just posting things like "LoL Religion is wrong! Jesus was gayz!" If people want to debate this stuff maturely they can. Personally I don't see the point as God can never be 100% proven or disproven.  and even if it's 99% to one nobody will give up.

Other things that bug me is that I can't say I hate something someone else likes without getting into a flame war. So what if I like motion censer video games. Who cares if I think being gay is wrong? Does it really ruin someone else's day? As long as I'm not going to your house and breaking your PS3, or beating you down calling you a !@#$% you shouldn't insult me.

It's human nature to hate. Religion, Atheist, Game systems, black people, gays, people who like red, people who like blue. We all hate things. As long as we're being mature and not killing people or hurting people over it I think it's okay.

Gay people aren't doing anything wrong, they aren't bothering you, why hate them?

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 02:58:01 am »

Gay people aren't doing anything wrong, they aren't bothering you, why hate them?

I completely agree, but I think if you want to debate him you should make a new topic, Fishy.. I don't want this one derailed. :)

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 02:59:16 am »

I completely agree, but I think if you want to debate him you should make a new topic, Fishy.. I don't want this one derailed. :)

I'm not trying to debate him. I'm just so sick of close minded people.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 03:10:04 am »
The question is why hate, but I ask why not? We humans love to hate. So pick something and hate it.  just don't be immature about it, even if the reason you hate it is stupid, don't be stupid about hating it.

How to post maturely:

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 03:11:06 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
If the mocking is going on in spam go hump a dog and ignore the board.
If its happening somewhere else, report it.

Since when can't we make fun of gays in spam?
I should start.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 03:13:45 am »
The question is why hate, but I ask why not? We humans love to hate. So pick something and hate it.  just don't be immature about it, even if the reason you hate it is stupid, don't be stupid about hating it.

I hate many things. That's just human nature. I hate certain people, I hate certain music, religions.. Hell, I hate to admit it but my mind can even be racist against my will. If I'm walking down a street at night, and I pass a group of black people, I'm going to be more nervous than if it was a group of white people. It's a terrible thing, but I can't help it. I'm not racist, but my mind wants me to be for some reason.

But you can't let hate cloud your debate. I can say "I hate Christianity." Well, great. But why? Hate is not a worthy argument.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 03:28:19 am »

I hate many things. That's just human nature. I hate certain people, I hate certain music, religions.. Hell, I hate to admit it but my mind can even be racist against my will. If I'm walking down a street at night, and I pass a group of black people, I'm going to be more nervous than if it was a group of white people. It's a terrible thing, but I can't help it. I'm not racist, but my mind wants me to be for some reason.

But you can't let hate cloud your debate. I can say "I hate Christianity." Well, great. But why? Hate is not a worthy argument.
You're right. I was being lazy and not giving you a real answer. Sorry. I have given an answer about the gay thing in another thread. Let's keep this one on topic. This is about close minded people stupidly putting things where they don't belong, and being offensive and immature about it.

Because I know it will be the next post:
I put up the gay debate because FISSURE was talking about it, and I wanted to expand it without getting this off topic. I handled it maturely, and would not have brought it up.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 04:42:07 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
[mod edit:  enough flaming]

But seriously.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:25:26 pm by DanTheMan »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 05:05:50 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
I'm fine with people who disagree with me, but I hate it when they're stubborn about it and don't accept others arguments when the argument is a perfectly fine one, and is correct.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 05:08:08 am »
I'm fine with people who disagree with me, but I hate it when they're stubborn about it and don't accept others arguments when the argument is a perfectly fine one, and is correct.
Who doesn't feel like that? LoL

How to post maturely:

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 05:28:11 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I'm Catholic, and I have posted in one of those "I hate Christians" threads as an act of fuckaroundage. So thar.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 05:39:29 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm not saying the administration or ZFGC staff is like this, but the members are. Why is it we can sit here and mock religion, but we can't mock evolution? Why can I talk about how much I hate Christians, but not about how much I hate gays?

lol well I'm actually a long time advocate of religion over evolution personally, and pretty much ALL of those debates !@#$% me off XD

My views are plain and simple; we have free will; who are we to judge people who do things we don't agree with? Does that mean we need to support it or make it easier for them to do? Hellz no... but we at least have to show them enough respect to let them use their own free will :p

But in all seriousness; I think the staff is well rounded enough in each of the areas of the typical debates for zfgc as a whole to not be bias :P Some of us support evolution, some of us support religion, some are inbetween, blah blah lol it's all well rounded
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 02:18:11 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
My personal opinion? Religion is stupid, but hey... Any and all intelligent persons do stuff wrong in their lifetime... One act of stupidity doesn't make them stupid. So.. live and let live.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 02:22:24 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Meh, Equality is a lie. It never existed and never will.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 73 queries.