Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay?  (Read 26402 times)

Gay?
« on: April 13, 2008, 03:08:14 am »
So, to make one thing clear: I do not hate gay people. I know there are those who do, but my beliefs are unique, and if not they are very different from average.

I think being gay is okay, but doing gay things like kissing a same sex person, or more is wrong. I will not act on this anymore than declining a offer from another man. I will not judge because I do things that are wrong too, so I have no right.

I believe doing gay things is wrong because God says so, and also it doesn't seem like it's natural because men have to improvise for sex (anal) and can't do it normally. I think that doing gay things, like all other wrong things, is a sign of weakness. Humans are weak, that's why we do wrong things.

As for gay marriage. I think if two same sex want to they should be allowed by the state, but should not by a church. I think a gay marriage would be a mockery of God's will, but I am okay with gays having a celebration, ritual, or simply a binding contract that is the same as marriage. It's only the "Powers vested in me by God"  line that I would want them to keep out.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
Re: Gay?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 03:13:30 am »
So, to make one thing clear: I do not hate gay people. I know there are those who do, but my beliefs are unique, and if not they are very different from average.

I think being gay is okay, but doing gay things like kissing a same sex person, or more is wrong. I will not act on this anymore than declining a offer from another man. I will not judge because I do things that are wrong too, so I have no right.

I believe doing gay things is wrong because God says so, and also it doesn't seem like it's natural because men have to improvise for sex (anal) and can't do it normally. I think that doing gay things, like all other wrong things, is a sign of weakness. Humans are weak, that's why we do wrong things.

As for gay marriage. I think if two same sex want to they should be allowed by the state, but should not by a church. I think a gay marriage would be a mockery of God's will, but I am okay with gays having a celebration, ritual, or simply a binding contract that is the same as marriage. It's only the "Powers vested in me by God"  line that I would want them to keep out.

Ah god, that big guy in the sky. I think i heard that the bible, which is the word of god, says that slavery is alright, i guess you better run out and get a slave Sora, God says it's fine. You think it's fine to be gay, not to do "gay" things like kiss the same sex, and anal sex? Thats somewhat of an oxymoron since you can't really do "gay" things.

Hmm, it's not natural? Who are we to say whats natural? You don't get that right.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:19:39 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
I'm not one for long posts, unless it's something I believe strongly in. I support gay rights completely, but it's not something I have a passion for.

To put it simply, Pierre Trudeau said it best.
"There is no room for the government in the bedrooms of the nation."

Religion aside, people should be allowed to make their own choices.

Hmm, it's not natural? Who are we to say whats natural? You don't get that right.

He does, because he's religious. I assume you're atheist like I am, FISSURE.. It's a benefit in many ways, but often a burden in debate.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:21:01 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

How the !@#$% does that work?
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:23:48 am »
  • w00t
Buster actually raised a good point for once.

Personally, I don't have too much trouble with it.  If they start coming on to me, I'd get somewhat uncomfortable, but otherwise I have no problems with gays.  Several of my friends are gay/bi and they're still fine people.

My church would probably disagree with me, but this is something I must form my own opinion about.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:25:03 am »

Ah god, that big guy in the sky. I think i heard that the bible, which is the word of god, says that slavery is alright, i guess you better run out and get a slave Sora, God says it's fine. You think it's fine to be gay, not to do "gay" things like kiss the same sex, and anal sex? Thats somewhat of an oxymoron since you can't really do "gay" things.

Your opening line is insulting God? Than saying that if I hate gay things I need to run out and buy a slave? This is a debate, not an RPG. So lets talk things out calmly and rationally instead of taking turns attacking each other. Sorry if I offended you by saying that.

As for the difference between being gay and doing gay things? There's two ways to expand on that. First, In my logic: It is wrong for a guy to suck another guys DICK, but you can think about sucking another guys sick all you want. Fantasy is not wrong.

Second: I don't care if you're gay, nor will I hate you, but if you start sucking some guys DICK right in front of me, or start coming on to me I will be unhappy (I would say angry, but I don't get mad at things like that).

Listen, the last line makes it sound like I think you're gay, I'm not saying that. Just because you're defending gay that does not make me think you are gay. I defend rights in things I don't practice all the time, look in the incest thread (I feel the same about incest as I do about gays).

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 03:26:19 am »
I'm not one for long posts, unless it's something I believe strongly in. I support gay rights completely, but it's not something I have a passion for.

To put it simply, Pierre Trudeau said it best.
"There is no room for the government in the bedrooms of the nation."

Religion aside, people should be allowed to make their own choices.

He does, because he's religious. I assume you're atheist like I am, FISSURE.. It's a benefit in many ways, but often a burden in debate.

Well, i'm more in between religions, i used to be christian, i still believe in god, but i don't believe that he created us. I can't really get into any religion on the soul fact that they all pretty much say that being gay is wrong. I don't think it's right to join a religion that condemns a whole group of people because of their life choice.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 03:29:41 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Gays don't offend me. If someones gay that's alright with me, it's how they are and they were born like that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:38:54 am by Buster »
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 03:35:07 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Your opening line is insulting God? Than saying that if I hate gay things I need to run out and buy a slave? This is a debate, not an RPG. So lets talk things out calmly and rationally instead of taking turns attacking each other. Sorry if I offended you by saying that.
I don't think you understand what he was saying. In the bible it says it is okay that you can sell your daughter to slavery, own slaves, stone the mentally ill, refuse to touch a woman at all during her period, etc. Many of the arguments brought up in the bible are either morally weird, or just stupid. You shouldn't just pick which ideas you stand by and ignore the other sections.

Second: I don't care if you're gay, nor will I hate you, but if you start sucking some guys !@#$% right in front of me, or start coming on to me I will be unhappy (I would say angry, but I don't get mad at things like that).
When would this possibly happen? And you are honestly telling me that if an opposite-sex couple had sex right in front of you, you would be perfectly fine with it? I would be find it very awkward no matter who it was. And I'm not trying to be funny or whatever, would you actually be okay with it? This isn't a very good argument.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:39:21 am by Kylink »
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 03:37:44 am »
Very good point, Kylink.

You can't pick and choose which bits to live by, and which to ignore. The Bible says that eating shellfish is an abomination. It says that about homosexuality too, but you wouldn't follow that, would you?

P.S: Can somebody play the devil's advocate in this debate? I don't want Sora to be unfairly overpowered.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 03:41:07 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
P.S: Can somebody play the devil's advocate in this debate? I don't want Sora to be unfairly overpowered.
I would, but I can't think of any points supporting anti-gay rights. I suppose for religion or something...but its just that old traditions die hard, kind of how a lot of the south refused to give up racism. It's still a struggle for race to be equal, but at least we are getting some where. In the future, history will look back at anti-gay marriage with contempt. I know it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:42:43 am by Kylink »
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 03:42:54 am »
One of my co-workers is gay.
Maybe ten years ago when I was still a brainwashed christian I would've felt uncomfortable around him, but now he's just another regular guy.

And come on sora, you can't speak for God, I bet God would be pissed off at all these people claiming to intimately know Gods opinion regarding issues such as this.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 03:43:13 am »
I don't think you understand what he was saying. In the bible it says it is okay that you can sell your daughter to slavery, own slaves, stone the mentally ill, refuse to touch a woman at all during her period, etc. Many of the arguments brought up in the bible are either morally weird, or just stupid. You shouldn't just pick which ideas you stand by and ignore the other sections.

Second: I don't care if you're gay, nor will I hate you, but if you start sucking some guys !@#$% right in front of me, or start coming on to me I will be unhappy (I would say angry, but I don't get mad at things like that).
When would this possibly happen? And you are honestly telling me that if a same-sex couple had sex right in front of you, you would be perfectly fine with it? I would be find it very awkward no matter who it was. And I'm not trying to be funny or whatever, would you actually be okay with it? This isn't a very good argument.
Depends on how they look, and if I like them (but not too much or I'd be jealous). In fact, I would probably be turned on by it and start masturbating(I feel the same way about masturbating, and every other sin, as I do about gays. I masturbate because I am too weak to resist the temptation. That doesn't make it okay).

I might have misunderstood that, but if I recall correctly those arguments are only for the old testament. The gay actions are a sin law is in the new testament.

As for being gay not being natural, it's right there: Men and woman can have sex normally, but to men and two girls have to improvise (anal, strap ons).

Very good point, Kylink.

You can't pick and choose which bits to live by, and which to ignore. The Bible says that eating shellfish is an abomination. It says that about homosexuality too, but you wouldn't follow that, would you?

If the bible says that eating shellfish is an abomination than I would believe it was a sin, just like being gay, but that doesn't mean I would be strong enough to resist it. I am only human after all.

Edit: I'm not picking and choosing. I do what I can to avoid sin, but I am tempted, and I fail most of the time. Christians aren't perfect, and aren't expected to be. If they were expected not to sin than God wouldn't have given them the gift of Christ, as they wouldn't need it.

Edit 2: Believing in something and being able to do something are two different things.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:48:27 am by Sora »

How to post maturely:

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 03:48:10 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

When would this possibly happen? And you are honestly telling me that if a same-sex couple had sex right in front of you, you would be perfectly fine with it? I would be find it very awkward no matter who it was. And I'm not trying to be funny or whatever, would you actually be okay with it? This isn't a very good argument.
Depends on how they look, and if I like them (but not too much or I'd be jealous). In fact, I would probably be turned on by it and start masturbating(I feel the same way about masturbating, and every other sin, as I do about gays. I masturbate because I am too weak to resist the temptation. That doesn't make it okay).
You're very screwed up in your beliefs, seriously. Masturbating and gays aren't even close I don't know why you'd relate them in any way.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 03:51:15 am »
You're very screwed up in your beliefs, seriously. Masturbating and gays aren't even close I don't know why you'd relate them in any way.
According to Christianity: They are related in that they're both sin. Wrong in the eyes of God.

As for you, please don't insult my beliefs. If you want me to listen to your arguments you must be kind.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 03:52:43 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Really your only argument that either is bad is because the bible says they are...which honestly is the worst reasoning for hate.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 03:59:28 am »
It must be true, because God said so.

God must be right because the Bible says he is.

God wrote the bible, so it must be true!

My, how CIRCULAR!

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 04:00:41 am »
Kylink got my point exactly, thank you kylink :)

Sora, doesn't the bible say that homosexuality as a whole is a sin? So if you think being gay is fine, then technically shouldn't you be sinning, impure thoughts and what not.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 04:02:17 am »
Really your only argument that either is bad is because the bible says they are...which honestly is the worst reasoning for hate.
Please tell me what your argument is, I haven't seen you say why you believe homosexual actions are natural.
when I was still a brainwashed christian
Unless you were actually brainwashed I think you're just being disrespectful and immature towards religion.

And come on sora, you can't speak for God
I'm not speaking for him, I'm repeating his words. Look in the bible.

I bet God would be pissed off at all these people claiming to intimately know Gods opinion regarding issues such as this.
I have not claimed to have a know god, or be friends with him, so this is useless.

Your in tire post is covered in a hate for religion, so I can't honestly debate you because I don't expect you to listen.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 04:04:24 am »
Sora, you need to have reasoning beyond religious ones. Just saying "I believe it because God says so" is a logical fallacy, and not something that is taken seriously in a debate.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 76 queries.

anything