Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evolution: Fact or Theory?  (Read 24432 times)

Re: Evolution: Fact or Theory?
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2006, 11:11:17 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
what made God appear?
Maybe He's always been there.  He didn't have to "appear".  There are plenty of things around us that had no beginning.  Maybe God's one of those things ;)

Pyru

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2006, 11:13:18 pm »
what made God appear?
Maybe He's always been there.  He didn't have to "appear".  There are plenty of things around us that had no beginning.  Maybe God's one of those things ;)

Speculation. Evidence, please? Cite something that's not biased, religious and entirely (or even mostly) fictional, if you will.

Pretty much what you'd say to me in any other debate. :P
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2006, 11:18:09 pm »
Are you reffering to things that have had no beginning or God having no beginning, lol.

If you're reffering to the latter, it's in the Bible, lol.

If the former, then there's no real link that I can hand you that will cover every idea (especially if you accept all aspects of the Big Bang theory), but the very best read is possibly here.

Pyru

« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2006, 11:21:28 pm »
Are you reffering to things that have had no beginning or God having no beginning, lol.

If you're reffering to the latter, it's in the Bible, lol.

I said refer to something that's not biased, religious and mostly fictious. The bible is, in fact, all three of those.

If the former, then there's no real link that I can hand you that will cover every idea (especially if you accept all aspects of the Big Bang theory), but the very best read is possibly here

I do believe that somethings have existed for "eternity", because the idea of literally nothing existing (no matter, no energy) defies logic... especially that law saying energy cannot be created or destroyed, merely transfered? Yeah, something coming from nothing would break that law.
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2006, 11:22:58 pm »
I said refer to something that's not biased, religious and mostly fictious. The bible is, in fact, all three of those.
Only one of those :)

I do believe that somethings have existed for "eternity", because the idea of literally nothing existing (no matter, no energy) defies logic... especially that law saying energy cannot be created or destroyed, merely transfered? Yeah, something coming from nothing would break that law.
Then there we go :)

Pyru

« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2006, 11:37:44 pm »
Only one of those :)

1. Biased: Biased towards the religious views and statements it wishes to purvey.

2. Religious: It's... uh... all about a religion. Or two. It's the holy book. What do you expect?

3. Mostly fictious: There is absolutely no evidence for a large number of biblically described events. There are no records kept by the majority of the people the early Israelites/Hebrews/Jews/whatever you wanna call them supposedly interacted with, including the Egyptians, who kept detailed records of everything - their victories AND defeats.

So, yeah. All three. :P

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2006, 07:19:32 am »
Ok...how can life simply "appear?" Even micro-organisms had to start somewhere.

That also has nothing to do with evolution; Evolution is changes in a population over time. The thing you're thinking about is abiogenesis, but that doesn't say that they 'appeared'; it's the idea that life started in a primordial sea slowly and gradually.
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2006, 08:42:46 am »
That argument is flawed.  The fact that people were more "behaved" is true in certain areas of the past decades, but that is only because they shared their religion and not because that religion in itself preaches good values.  For example, radical Islamists can hate other people with a passion, but because they are like each other, they do not fight with each other.  Do not go around saying that religion is the grounds for good moral behavior; Christainity in other places of the world can be violent too.  Religion and morals are seperate things.

So, the world may have seemed better to you back then because there was not as much violence.  This was also due to the lack of interaction.  However, I remember there being some excellent examples of violence back a few decades ago.  You probably have not studied or have not learned about it yet.  Some were not religiously based too.  In conclusion, religion, Christianity in particular, is not the salvation from troubles that you are trying to sell it as.  It is just as much of a problem as it is a solution.

« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2006, 08:10:07 pm »
I know that they are similar, but what I mean is that believing in God is not a moral, but being a good person is.  The first five books of the Old Testament is the only truly religious part of the book in my opinion; mainly because they are also found in the Torah.  The rest of it is mainly people telling stories, and that is not really religious anyway.  So, most of the Bible is based on faith and stories that were chosen to be canonized and may or may not be true.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2006, 01:34:21 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.

Sorry. I have to quote.

Guess what, buddy? You just unknowlingly debunked the big bang theory. Any other methods to debunk evolution? :P
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2006, 05:07:18 am »
  • Huzzowee!
How did he debunk the big bang? Unless you're refering to his statement saying that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted. Here's the thing about that: the big bang did not create anything. The theory of the big bang states that all matter that exists (since matter connot be created or destroyed either) was contained in a very small space. At one point it "exploded" as it were, and released large amounts of energy, projecting the mass outwards. Now it may seem like energy was just created out of nowhere, but before that explosion the energy could have been merely potential.That energy was not created, but merely converted into kinetic energy, thus sending the bits of things out into the universe.

As you can see the big bang theory supports the law in that all matter and enrgy were not created, but released and converted. That amount of energy (eg: all energy) would undoubtedly create a huge explosion of sorts, thus giving it the name "The Big Bang".
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

tippz

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2006, 08:49:48 pm »
Actually, if you let matter collide with antimatter the matter is 'destroyed' and energy is 'created'

Pyru

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2006, 09:11:13 pm »
Actually, if you let matter collide with antimatter the matter is 'destroyed' and energy is 'created'

Nope. Nuclear physics leads to suggest that matter itself is consisted entirely of energy; in "destroying" matter, you are merely releasing the energy that it was formed from.
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2006, 05:26:41 pm »

Nope. Nuclear physics leads to suggest that matter itself is consisted entirely of energy; in "destroying" matter, you are merely releasing the energy that it was formed from.
Yes, I have to back you up on this one.  Matter cannot be created nor destroyed per se. ^_^
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2006, 11:17:26 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
I was thinking about this kinda stuff before, and confused myself quite a bit

I was thinking, perhaps matter isn't really something in itself, but rather a lack of something, a lack of anti-matter.  With magnetic charges it seems that if you can truly combine them you get a neutral charge, things can react to a positive, or negative charge, but if you combine the two and form a neutral charge?  Matter must be the same way, when you combine it with anti-matter neither gets destroyed.  They combine into a neutral form, and still exist, but things don't react to them...  It takes energy to seperate the two (like oppositely charged magnets), when they're recombined that energy would be re-released.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 11:19:15 pm by Atrius »

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games

tippz

« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2006, 04:28:21 am »

'destroyed' and 'created' just refering to the 'rule' that matter cannot be created or destroyed...
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2008, 01:45:57 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
EPIC !@#$% BUMP, but I had to share this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHkMHRDAOlA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHkMHRDAOlA</a>

Also, saying Evolution is a "Theory and not a fact" has no merit.. You know what else is a theory and not a fact? Hm... Gravity..

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2008, 06:58:35 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Existence: Theory
Oxygen: Theory
Atoms: Theory
Religion: Hypothesis
Evolution: Theory
The Period of Elements: Theory
Gravity: Theory

You want me to continue?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 69 queries.

anything