Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What Do I Do?  (Read 11226 times)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: What Do I Do?
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 03:00:19 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Okay, Jeod. I know how to read.

What I'm asking is: what was the motive of this?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 03:00:31 am »
  • Xiphirx
And so it loops...

Just about how it goes with Jeod  ;)
  • For The Swarm

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 03:02:22 am »
The motive is the recent uprising of the "topic war". The excessive locking of topics and also the excessive image posting and whatnot. A lot of them were justifiable. But there's much more to it than that. The State of Affairs topic covered a lot of it. It's a good read. Highly suggested.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:06:53 am by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 03:06:34 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Okay, well good luck Jeod. I truly do mean that. It would be nice if you felt happy and comfortable here...hopefully things can get resolved soon.

I'm off to do better things, such as play Rune Factory.

Toodles.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 03:10:13 am »
*sigh*

It seems like there is way too many complaints about this forum recently, when the site staff and administration have been doing everything in their power to keep this place alive. This community is not what it used to be, but people need to realize that the administration is not able to correct the problems this community is facing by themselves alone, especially when the active members are simply causing more problems than they are creating.

If you want to leave, that is your personal choice. If you decide to stay, I hope that you can make peace with the site staff; more drama is something that this community does not need.

~xero
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 03:14:03 am »
Why do you keep regressing to the State of Affairs topic? There were some good ideas made in it but even for the implementation of some of those ideas, there would need to be some coordination and professionalism to make it work. Otherwise if you agree with the demise concept then doing negative things is trying to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy. I want to think that a lot of the apathy in that topic was just made in the realization that real life has somethings which are better and that ZFGC should be of less persistence time-devotion.

The locking of topics has not been excessive and I could probably give a reason for each of them. The AoDC one for example was largely about how I was a bad person and how the staff was corrupt; I allowed discussion even though it had some negativity in it and only locked it because the matter should have just been between AoDC and the administration, and the discussion has now been pursued such that the administration has been talking it over and is almost to a resolution.

I also agree with what xero posted before me.

Tet

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 03:28:53 am »
  • I believe. I believe in ghosts.
Hey.
Why are you guys so serious about a Zelda fan forum?
n__n

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 03:30:50 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Hey.

I dunno, lets just celebrate happiness

Woot Woot :D
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 03:34:28 am »
  • RyuKage2007
I sense more pics and then a lock... oh well. at least it will be over (temporarily)

EDIT: rather then post again I'm just editing this:

I'm kinda curious as to what everyone else is going to do now, they're all just watching the topic...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:37:12 am by RyuKage2007 »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 03:35:23 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I sense more pics and then a lock... oh well. at least it will be over (temporarily)

NNNNRRRRGGGGHHH

Just so mods know I wasnt trying to spam but simply make a sad topic into a happy one. Kittens make everyone happy :)
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 03:43:53 am »
  • RyuKage2007
No one is responding, they were startled by the presence of happiness XD.

Not trying to spam with random stuff now btw, No one is posting... they're all just watching...
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 03:54:22 am »
Man, there is a lot of selfless gd-u plugging in here xD.

Ah, the state of ZFGC. We have people locking topics, we have people complaining about topics being locked. I enjoy the spam topics, and the lockings, it makes this place more interesting and lively. People calling each other fools, the people being called fools calling them fools. I'm not gonna lie, all of this has made ZFGC a more interesting place.

Oh look, i was able to post before it got locked, that's a  bit surprising seeing as how topics seem to get locked here like they're going out of style.

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2009, 03:58:45 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Don't blatantly spam and your topic probably won't get locked.  That's a simple enough concept.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2009, 03:59:32 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Man, there is a lot of selfless gd-u plugging in here xD.

Ah, the state of ZFGC. We have people locking topics, we have people complaining about topics being locked. I enjoy the spam topics, and the lockings, it makes this place more interesting and lively. People calling each other fools, the people being called fools calling them fools. I'm not gonna lie, all of this has made ZFGC a more interesting place.

Oh look, i was able to post before it got locked, that's a  bit surprising seeing as how topics seem to get locked here like they're going out of style.

I love you fishy :).

Anywho I think my job is done in this topic.
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2009, 04:55:57 am »
I also like this place a lot because of the community. Everyone knows eachother and everyone is friendly. Except the staff, I've noticed.
There's plenty of people here that are friendly and actually want to work with the staff to make this a better place. I'm helping people out with a couple of projects atm.
Then what is this all about, Jeod? Did it coincidentally happen after I locked your topic?
I hate this place because of the rules and the strictness of the staff. I think it's because they cannot tolerate a bit of fun here and there.
Then why are you still here? Obviously over the few months you've grown an attachment to this place like many of us have, so it sounds like all you need is a long break from here. "Fun" is also defined by a person for themselves only, someone else's idea of fun might not be yours.
Moral: A lot of us are younger than you and not really into the "adulthood" phase yet. Some of you are too into it. Have more tolerance or give the position to someone who does.
If your profile age is to be believed, I'd have thought that you'd be more understanding of staff descisions. Even if you're not part of the staff, as a member you should be able to understand where we're coming from with descisions. If you don't, just ask. Nicely.

If I have to leak logs from the staff boards to show we're not against you, I will. Just calm down, think things through and realize that actions are executed by our descisions. We're not perfect, expect us to make mistakes, but flying off the handle whenever we do doesn't help matters.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2009, 09:20:46 am »
"Yayyyy I'm gonna go break some forum rulez cos I'm cool an all that -- OH NO MODS LOCKED MY TOPIC BAWWWWWWWWWW, what do they think they're doing?!"

Don't like this place, then please pleaseee leave.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2009, 12:42:38 pm »
Meh, I think I will take a break. I'll see you guys in June.

Anyway, it did seem tensions were growing very fast. It was only a matter of time before someone burst the bubble. All I'm asking is for lenience on some of the topics. As I said before, sometimes images serve as a funny version of how we'd respond to the topic. Not every image-filled topic is spam. (Though it does steal bandwidth) It might be best to just leave the topic and see how others respond to it before locking it up for spam. Or PM the member and ask if they had a good intention with the image.

Honestly, it shouldn't be that big of a problem.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2009, 12:44:21 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Hey.

xDxD JOKAR Oh Tet how I love you so.

Seriously though, your signature is EXTREMELY ironic. So ironic that I am now going to post a picture expressing how I feel about the irony.

(No I'm not 'testing' the staff, that's really what I did when I first read this topic.)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 12:52:34 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah well if you really want to limit the spam then make a spam board. For those who don't care about spam, don't reply. The spammers will eventually stop making topics.

Jeod... *sigh* I don't know how many times I need to spell this out.

Anyway, I think you're all trying to fix something that can't be fixed.

CA very plainly pointed out that you're all apathetic. You'll make a short effort, and it'll fail once again :P

Let me explain why-

Group 1: (who will remain nameless) who don't contribute to what this forum is truly about, but are still good members. They just have issues getting their point across in a mature manor.

Group 2: who want to see more development stuff.

Group 3: people who want more general discussion.

Group 4: people who will complain no matter what and only cause trouble and controversy (also group 1, for the most part)

Now; try to please them all.

We've ran through each possible scenario. Let me list that one out for everyone-

1) We closed the forum down for a month, added a spam board, and made it more lenient.

RESULT! - Forum went to !@#$%. Memes everywhere. But hey, we wanted to make it a place where even Sw---- could post and not get shunned. MY BAD FOR THINKING THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA. It failed miserably. People complained that the forum was nothing but spam. You know what? It was. But hey, it pleased Group 1, but pissed off 2 and 3. Group 4 doesn't matter because they don't belong here.

2) We made the boards a bit stricter, changed mods around. Didn't focus on development however.

RESULT! - Group 1 was pissed that they couldn't go on a spamfest! Group 2 was pissed because there wasnt enough development! Group 3 was pleased because they could talk about !@#$% and not worry about development.

3) We decided, hey! This isn't working. BYE! *Infini takes over (bless his soul), and members of Group 1 and 4 made their way into staff, because they're crafty like that.

RESULT! - ... lol. This was recent enough. The forum went to HELL. Infini wasn't active enough (he's a busy guy), so Group 1 and 4 got to pretty much have the run of the mill.

Finally, 4) Forum owner stepped in, told Vash and myself that things needed to change. We came back in, reverted the forum BACK to the way it was in the beginning (IE: Development board.), pruned the boards, brought in new mods, etc.

RESULT! - GROUP 1 AND 4 TRY TO START A REBELLION! And get this, those two groups are so good at trolling by this time, that they manage to stir individual members of the forum by coaxing them to their side via private chats and little subtle messages. This part is fine; however- *stares at this thread*... *stares at the various threads like this*...

My point? If you want to solve this once and for all, you need to REMOVE one of those groups (well, Group 4 should be removed regardless). You can't please everybody, and you need to make sacrifices. The sacrifice IN MY OPINION should be group 1. Why? Because Group 1 isn't here for the reasons this forum was made in the first place, even if they were here from the beginning. They don't do ANYTHING they did in the beginning, and they only help make this forum trash. Group 2 develops the games, Group 3 plays and reviews the games. That's how it was in the beginning. Thats how it should be now.

So hey, lets restart this pattern again shall we? Lets let Group 1 and 4's voice be heard (again) (BTW CA isn't part of either of those groups; she's one of the good ones here), make the board more lenient (again), and watch it fall apart, because we gave in to what they want, as apposed to what this forum is about.

If ANYONE has payed attention to this forum over the past year, they'd stop trying to repeat the same exact !@#$% every time things don't go their way and try to come up with something new.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:55:36 pm by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 01:07:48 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I hate this place because of the rules and the strictness of the staff. I think it's because they cannot tolerate a bit of fun here and there. Yet I also like this place a lot because of the community. Everyone knows eachother and everyone is friendly. Except the staff, I've noticed.

I actually just read this bit and I have to comment on it.

Honestly, while I do agree it's been more like that recently, you have to give the staff credit where it's due.

You're making them off like they're all just dull, boring people with no sense of humor.

I've seen several occasions where even admins themselves have fun. Vash has done it, Infini has done is, Mammy has done it, hell even 4Sword has fun. The most recent staff, not so much, but they still do have their fun here and there.

Point is, you make this place out to be some dead-serious, non-humorous hell hole yet you continue to stick around and constantly complain. When you're not complaining about something you're trying to run everything like you're some veteran who's been around since ZFGC was first started (you've even claimed to be a veteran on more than one occasion). One Case in point is the community project. You go on with that thing like you started it and you run the whole show.

Seriously, you say now "see you in June" but you'll be back real soon, most likely doing the exact same thing again, Going off like you're the only intelligent person around here.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 75 queries.

anything