Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winamp MP3 Player  (Read 1586 times)

Winamp MP3 Player
« on: August 08, 2006, 06:58:27 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I was really bored yesterday, so I modelled a Winamp Mp3 Player.

About:  The Winamp player has 2 screens, one on front, one on back.  Both are *optionally* backlit.  You can toggle both lights in the menu.  The front is the player face, which shows song info and battery power left, and the back screen is for the equalizer, playlist editor, playlist viewer, video screen, media library, and preferences menu.

The top of the player has a row of buttons on it that include play/pause, stop, next song/fast forward, previous song/rewind, shuffle, and repeat.  The side of the player has the slider for the playlist viewer/editor (the slider has 3 positions, up, down, middle.  It snaps back when the user is not holding it.), menu, equalizer, video viewer, media library, and preferences menu.  Pressing down the slider like a button gives a menu of screens to switch the back screen to.

The bottom of the player has a volume slider, used to control the current volume.

The screens the player has are:

• Front Screen/Main Window - Shows song stats.
  • Playlist Viewer - Shows the playlist, allows scrolling through the playlist, and pressing the stop button THEN the play button on a specific song will switch to that track.
  • Playlist Editor - Changes the functions of the top buttons to add track/dir, remove track, clear playlist, and sort list.
  • Equalizer - The next track and previous track buttons switch between on-screen sliders.  The slider on the side controls the positions of the frequency sliders.
  • Media Library - Also adds to the playlist, but can also be used to add/view/play files from other devices plugged into the player's USB port.  I/E, the player can power it's USB port so that you can plug other PMP or Mass-storage devices into it and transfer from them.
  • Video Window - Displayed automatically if a playable video is the current track.  Displays the video AND video stats like time left, etc.  Can also be turned on by the user to view advanced visualizations.
  • Preferences Menu - Basically the options menu, but can be used to activate various plugins also.  I/E  Advanced Visualizations, which can be viewed with the Video window toggled on.

Images of the renderred product:

This is the front face.  Note the glow of the backlit screen.

This is the back face.  Note that the headphone jack is now on the opposite side.

This is the slider.

The thing on th eleft of this picture is the battery compartment.  The shape looks semi-messed up, but it is not.   It is meant to be easy to take off, but be able to stay on very easily.

The top buttons.

The player from the bottom

The back face again.

The Earphones.  From this distance you can probably tell I used the texture for the front face on them.  It actually worked quite nicely.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Pedlya

Pederp
Re: Winamp MP3 Player
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 08:05:01 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
You own for only having flogging molly on it  ;D
Cool 3d work.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 09:00:53 pm »
Very  good model, but you could have used higher resolution textures...
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 09:25:56 pm »
Haha thats funny dude, I love Winamp. One of those devices look cool :P
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 03:01:02 pm »
You own for only having flogging molly on it  ;D
Cool 3d work.
Thanks.  And I have a couple other artists on it, just none anyone would have heard of.
I'm a Flogging Molly and They Might Be Giants fan.

Very  good model, but you could have used higher resolution textures...
Thanks.  I would have used higher resolution textures if I had them...  Sadly they were all edits of the winamp face, so they couldn't really be higher rez.

Haha thats funny dude, I love Winamp. One of those devices look cool :P
Thank you very much, sir.  If I had the cash I would build one myself, but sadly I do not.  :(

But it WOULD be the COOLEST player ever.  Or at least, that's what I would think.  Probably be cheaper than those gosh-dern iPoods too.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Ben

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 05:49:16 pm »
I think it's a great idea to be able to see the playlist as well as the progression through the song at the same time.
:D
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 08:40:10 pm »
I think it's a great idea to be able to see the playlist as well as the progression through the song at the same time.
:D

Thanks.  That's what I was goin' for.  Cuz, I just can't stand (on my mp3 player) not being able to see my playlist without opening 100 menus to get to it.  So, i just added a back face.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 49 queries.

anything