Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which project(s) deserves to become PotM?

Tech demo - Horn of Balance
- 11 (11.5%)
Ode to Zelda GB
- 11 (11.5%)
The Legend of Zelda (Remake)
- 4 (4.2%)
The Legend of Zelda: Black Crown
- 4 (4.2%)
Pokemon MMORPG - PokemonCraft [disqualified]
- 19 (19.8%)
Surface
- 9 (9.4%)
The Myth of Heroa
- 8 (8.3%)
[Alpha] Map Editor 0.7a
- 1 (1%)
Sonic X-treme GM8
- 4 (4.2%)
Final Fantasy ~no name~
- 1 (1%)
The Legend of Zelda: The Awakening of a Shadow
- 2 (2.1%)
OOT2D Map Project
- 19 (19.8%)
Zelda Custom Tiles
- 3 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: October 01, 2010, 07:37:31 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nominations - September 2010  (Read 9193 times)

DJvenom

super-sage
Re: Nominations - September 2010
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 05:03:08 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Voted for your own project. What a chump.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 05:39:09 am »
That is why I think that the name should be a respected ZFGC member, before anonymous voting is allowed. But here is the dilemma. I think that CeFurkan invited other people in, people that "might" (with might being the keyword) become real members of ZFGC. I don't think CeFurkan made those accounts on his own. It won't be any good to scare those people away for ballot stuffing.

That is why I think before people can vote (anonymous) they should have posted a X number of post in a Y number of different boards. Or have a project going on ZFGC themselves.
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 05:46:07 am »
That is why I think that the name should be a respected ZFGC member, before anonymous voting is allowed. But here is the dilemma. I think that CeFurkan invited other people in, people that "might" (with might being the keyword) become real members of ZFGC. I don't think CeFurkan made those accounts on his own. It won't be any good to scare those people away for ballot stuffing.

That is why I think before people can vote (anonymous) they should have posted a X number of post in a Y number of different boards. Or have a project going on ZFGC themselves.

He didn't make the accounts himself i don't think, a few of those accounts are users on his pokemoncraft or whatever forum. Another i found on another forum, that posted in a topic about his game. Honestly it may not be nice of me to say, but i doubt any of the ones that voted for his game will be coming back here. They probably just made quick throw away accounts to vote. Sucks that he had people from his game come here to vote specifically for his game. So far i don't see any mention of the contest on his forum, but i didn't search every nook and cranny on his forum. I'm assuming he mentioned it during Gameplay in his game chat, while may or may not offering a reward, no clue.

It's not really fair to all the projects in this contest if he invites people from his game to come and vote specifically for it. It gives the wrong intention  to the poll and PoTM in general, where the winner is determined by how many people get invited just to vote for one game, not on who the ZFGC community as a whole thinks is the best for project of the month.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 05:56:50 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
That is pretty messed up to do. BANHAMMER! owait

Ode to Zelda GB - It looks nice, and great to see dlbrooks back after so long. ^.^ Or at least the project. I think... IT LOOKS NICE!

Surface - Because I always vote for it. Because it's friggin' awesome.

The Myth of Heroa - Same reasons Mammy gave, actually...

OoT2D Map Project - MaJoRa's workin' his ass off on this one, and it looks extremely good. Plus the community involvement it has generated is always nice.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 06:00:11 am »
I posted this in the Post Report Feed board around the time that it was reported:

Some of the names of the people who registered were also the usernames of some of the people on the Turkish version of his forum; so yeah the accounts that joined and voted either were just people from there he told to vote or possibly accounts [he] registered to vote. But meh, it kind of goes unsaid because it is implied by it being here that voting for things like this is meant for the users here - if someone comes here to just vote for a project and then just goes away, like they don't make an effort to be here, then their vote isn't really valid.

So yeah, it is tough cookies but his project's nomination is revoked or won't be considered a winner. There aren't any bugs in our rules or anything, we just have the right to define our voting system how we want to. Any claims that this is unfair have less validity than the potential loss to other projects here who are worked on and voted on by forum members who go here; and everyone who voted for PokemonCraft only voted for that game.
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 06:12:32 am »
I posted this in the Post Report Feed board around the time that it was reported:

Some of the names of the people who registered were also the usernames of some of the people on the Turkish version of his forum; so yeah the accounts that joined and voted either were just people from there he told to vote or possibly accounts [he] registered to vote. But meh, it kind of goes unsaid because it is implied by it being here that voting for things like this is meant for the users here - if someone comes here to just vote for a project and then just goes away, like they don't make an effort to be here, then their vote isn't really valid.

So yeah, it is tough cookies but his project's nomination is revoked or won't be considered a winner. There aren't any bugs in our rules or anything, we just have the right to define our voting system how we want to. Any claims that this is unfair have less validity than the potential loss to other projects here who are worked on and voted on by forum members who go here; and everyone who voted for PokemonCraft only voted for that game.

I doubt any of them will even come back to try and call it unfair, except cefurkan. I don't think any of them really have any reason to call it unfair, seeing as how it messes up the nominations for everyone else who wants to participate fairly in it. With no disrespect to cefurkan in regards to his project, i definitely can't do anything close to what he has made. It just isn't fair for people from his forum to come here and screw with this contest.  While i may not be much the fan games here, well fan games or indie games in general, i do respect the fact that ZFGC needs projects f the month and such.  This is Zelda Fan Game Central, this contest is one of the things that helps give people hope for their projects, it helps show off the projects in a nice little list that people can vote on, and check out projects that they may not originally have checked out.

Ruining that by pretty much stuffing the votes just isn't nice.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 06:16:04 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well the point remains that it's 'ballot stuffing'. You can't just invite your friends to vote for you on a private forum :p it makes the meaning of the whole thing null and void.
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 06:19:59 am »
Well the point remains that it's 'ballot stuffing'. You can't just invite your friends to vote for you on a private forum :p it makes the meaning of the whole thing null and void.

That's pretty much what i said >.> <.<

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 06:21:39 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
D: I made it official? I dunno; I skimmed XD
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 06:38:41 am »
That means OOT2D Map project is leading the pack this time. It is good to see that a resource project gets some attention as well.
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 09:31:29 am »
I've disqualified the pokemon project from voting due to it getting an unfair amount of outside support.
Further discussion is in the Feedback section so place regard the matter here closed.
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2010, 03:56:34 pm »
I vote:

Ode to Zelda GB: Real nice game and I hope that the revision becomes even better.

The Myth of Heroa: A real good homage to the NES Zelda. Just love it.

OOT2D Map Project: A project with a lot of potential to be actually used in a game one day.

Not even gonna lie, but I agree and vote with this as well.
  • https://colbydude.com

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2010, 06:05:37 pm »
I vote:

Ode to Zelda GB: Real nice game and I hope that the revision becomes even better.

The Myth of Heroa: A real good homage to the NES Zelda. Just love it.

OOT2D Map Project: A project with a lot of potential to be actually used in a game one day.

Not even gonna lie, but I agree and vote with this as well.

Me too. They're good games
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 04:11:55 pm »
Cool- my game's a nominee! And it's only been going on this forum for a couple of days XD!
I'll add one of these later.
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »
Cool- my game's a nominee! And it's only been going on this forum for a couple of days XD!
As long as there have been posts of progress or is newly added this month then it is viable to be nominated.
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 12:23:08 pm »
I've disqualified the pokemon project from voting due to it getting an unfair amount of outside support.
Further discussion is in the Feedback section so place regard the matter here closed.

wow this is not fair

as long as they are different people nominating

it should be counted
  • Pokemon
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 01:48:27 pm »

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 05:49:54 pm »
  • Xiphirx

wow this is not fair

it should be counted

lmao, you acted in the same way everyone envisioned you would :P

It is indeed fair the people who voted for your project will probably never come here again, thus they are not a part of the community. I won't continue to explain as it has already been explained on the previous page by Mammy, 4Sword and Fissure.

I suppose, we could remove all of the first time joiner votes from your project and keep it in... but that wouldn't stop you from doing it another time around now would it?
  • For The Swarm

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 06:32:41 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
in before he tells all of his buddies to be active, and they are for a bit, but once they go inactive we call him out again, and then they become active once more...
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 03:04:34 am »

wow this is not fair

it should be counted
Honestly, I thought you'd realize by now that doing stuff like this and making all those claims back in your project's topic is just tarnishing its image.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 77 queries.

anything