Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DSi hits US April 5th (April 3rd UK)  (Read 2764 times)

DSi hits US April 5th (April 3rd UK)
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:12:16 pm »

Quote from: Kotaku
The latest incarnation of the Nintendo DS, the Nintendo DSi, will be released in the U.S. on April 5 and priced at US$169.99. It is launching in black and new color blue.

The DSi, which has been on sale in Japan since November 2008, has only been available in black and white. The DSi features two 0.3 megapixel cameras, larger screens, a new SD card slot and better speakers. It does not have a Game Boy Advance cartridge slot like the DS or DS Lite.

"Ever since the arrival of the first Game Boy, consumers worldwide have turned to Nintendo for their portable gaming," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "Nintendo DSi builds on Nintendo's commitment to bringing fun and creative entertainment to everyone, and will allow consumers to personalize and share their very own experiences."

The Nintendo DSiWare application will able be available in the U.S. and offers software that can be downloaded using Nintendo DSi Points directly to the portable system much like the Nintendo Wii's WiiWare. DSiWare software starts at 200 points.

Along with the DSi, Nintendo is also releasing popular DS rhythm game Rhythm Heaven on April 5. The game has sold over 1.6 million copies since going on sale in Japan last July.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5155614/nintendo-dsi-dated-for-united-states-new-color-announced

Nintendo: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Q5D4ti_bPqJO_I0Oup0AMFudaUOLz6C7

Don't even care, pre-ordering and staying up for midnight release.
  • https://colbydude.com

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: DSi hits US April 5th (April 3rd UK)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:46:04 pm »
I am getting the DSi. For my birthday that is...:D
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 11:26:39 pm »
w00t a cop out for a new handheld without really making anything new

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 02:29:19 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Hah...no GBA slot, yea, that's a good move -.-

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 05:21:28 am »
  • Silly cat!
I just bought a shiny, sexy, red DS Lite.

I have no use for this.

Hoffy.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 06:47:58 am »
I'll wait till nintendo actually make a different proper handheld. I haven't got any handheld console since my SP 5 years back.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 08:04:34 am »
I'll wait till nintendo actually make a different proper handheld. I haven't got any handheld console since my SP 5 years back.

err.. didn't Nintendo say the that the DS was the last hand held they'd ever make?

well i might get a DSi, i only got the first DS and i am better off getting this instead of the DS Lite not too mention a colored one this time.
 :)
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 08:28:33 am »
Well I am getting it. SO I can prelong the Gamecube and DSLite I have (Not saying much else as it gets complex)

Hmm..what colour...
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 08:50:41 am »
Oh yea baby, Australia gets it April 2nd, and we're already ahead of most of the world anyway. So it'll be April 1st in America while I pick up my beautiful DSi.
the a o d c
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 11:09:09 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I'm fairly sure one of the main reasons this was made was because things like R4 and M3 don't work on it <_<
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 11:29:13 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

err.. didn't Nintendo say the that the DS was the last hand held they'd ever make?

I'm pretty sure they didn't, although of course I may be wrong. That wouldn't make sense for Nintendo at all: they own the handheld market. To give up on it would be... just stupid. They said they weren't making a new one at the moment...

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

gm112

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 01:13:30 pm »
I'm fairly sure one of the main reasons this was made was because things like R4 and M3 don't work on it <_<
Acekard team has released a flashcard back in.. November was it? It was called the Acecard 2i and works perfectly fine with the DSi. It works with the previous incarnations of the DS, of course, but it had the DSi in mind when they made it.

As for me, I plan on getting this because I have a 2nd gen "phat" and the touchscreen is dying on me. Not to mention, when I flashme'd it, I lost my battery case to the old thing. My flashcard is an older 1st generation(it's a slot-2 cart) called the Supercard SD :x. I got it when first generation cards were the only thing. So yeah, getting a DSi is worth it. The ARM9 core is considerably faster and has more internal RAM. So, this is worthwhile for me :S. Now just to write a "GBA mode" loader to get my GBA games running on it. >_>
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 05:08:34 pm »

Nah, it was made to pretty much try to be a new handheld, without really being a new handheld. Basically they wanted to release new types of games without really putting much work into what they were releasing it for. Basically "camera game innovation!!!!!" Like i said, a cop out and people are eating the !@#$% up.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 05:25:38 pm »

Nah, it was made to pretty much try to be a new handheld, without really being a new handheld. Basically they wanted to release new types of games without really putting much work into what they were releasing it for. Basically "camera game innovation!!!!!" Like i said, a cop out and people are eating the !@#$% up.

Camera Game Innovation? *cough* EYETOY

Ahem, I'm not gonna get this, got a DSLite thats been collecting dust for a while, most play I got out of it was Zelda PH. Then my PSP got hacked so now I can play PSone games on it. No other console can compare.
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 06:20:00 pm »
Looking forward to picking one of these up eventually (and giving my pink Lite to my girlfriend), but I'll enjoy catching up on the PSP back catalogue first.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 07:14:28 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Nah--- you're probably confused with their statement that there would be no more gameboy handhelds, and that the DS starts a new line.

I think the DSi is a big waste of money. I have a DS, and I have a camera. whoop.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 07:49:48 pm »
A new console for my collection :]
I have all Nintendo consoles, both Xbox, All Playstation Consoles, Sega Mega Drive 32X, Sega Mega Drive and Dreamcast. =)
The new box will fit well with all the others :p
But nintendo makes the best consoles, atleast the consoles with the best games, thats for sure. XD

DS is not a waste of money for some people.
1.It is an IPod, almost...
2.Its a camera, Not everyone got one you know.
3.Im sure they will use functions that DS Lite and DS dont have in the future games. Atleast i hope so otherwise they are dumb...
4.It has internet.
5.It has DSWare (if thats what it called). Something fun always come up.
6.Its 17% Smaller. Perfect! Now i can play it in class without the teacher seeing. :)
7.Now everyone will stop saying that PSP is thousend times better in school since DSi will have almost everything PSP have :P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:04:50 pm by ltgh »
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 10:32:07 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Reasons I want:
-- Matte Casing (glossy can go die in hell)
-- DSiWare (but not really that much)
-- Internet Browser (sorta)

Reasons I probably won't get:
-- There aren't enough good reasons that I want it for.
  • Lionfish Apps

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 11:20:30 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
A new console for my collection :]
I have all Nintendo consoles, both Xbox, All Playstation Consoles, Sega Mega Drive 32X, Sega Mega Drive and Dreamcast. =)
The new box will fit well with all the others :p
But nintendo makes the best consoles, atleast the consoles with the best games, thats for sure. XD

DS is not a waste of money for some people.
1.It is an IPod, almost...
2.Its a camera, Not everyone got one you know.
3.Im sure they will use functions that DS Lite and DS dont have in the future games. Atleast i hope so otherwise they are dumb...
4.It has internet.
5.It has DSWare (if thats what it called). Something fun always come up.
6.Its 17% Smaller. Perfect! Now i can play it in class without the teacher seeing. :)
7.Now everyone will stop saying that PSP is thousend times better in school since DSi will have almost everything PSP have :P

#7 is probably the most flawed in your statement <_<;;

People like the PSP because it's like a watered down PS2... It's got the graphics, and a ton of other modding features that nintendo handhelds will never have :\... It's still nowhere near the PSP in terms of intentional and unintentional features :p

It is neat though; just... not worth it. It's like the GBA micro. Cool in theory, but still not worth it.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:17 pm »
Reasons I want:
-- Matte Casing (glossy can go die in hell)
This.  The new casing looks great.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 74 queries.

anything