Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Horn of Balance  (Read 463839 times)

Re: [Demo] Tech demo - Horn of Balance (working ...
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2010, 04:41:17 pm »
Brutus: The game can be downloaded through the link in the starting post of this topic. There is also a direct download on this site, but I'm a little lazy right now. That editor thing I mentioned in my last post is not up for download just yet. You'll have to wait a couple of weeks if that's what you were referring to.
Gedosemo: Don't "quote" me like that, okay?
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2010, 07:08:39 pm »
Gedosemo: Don't "quote" me like that, okay?
Not in other forums too???
« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2010, 07:29:02 pm »
It's okay to quote me. Just don't post things I did not say and present it as a quote. It's not polite.

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #283 on: October 12, 2010, 02:23:27 am »
 :huh: which place do I click cuz still cant find the link.

PS hahaha : XD get it? link....
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}
« Reply #284 on: October 12, 2010, 05:33:33 am »
 :huh: It's the first link you see when you look at the first post in this topic.

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?cccbaal6hgz89kb

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #285 on: October 12, 2010, 06:45:04 am »
  • .越//
when will you release 0.10+? since the links are still 0.9 ^^

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #286 on: October 12, 2010, 04:26:00 pm »
The links are still 0.9? :huh: One post before your own is a link to version 0.10. You can find the same link in the starting post. You can also find the 0.10 download in the old project section. Is one of the links corrupt or something?

Download 0.10.x will come in a couple of weeks. Like I said, it will take me a little bit to finish the work on that little sideproject. I'll add it to version 0.10 when finished. The rest of the next demo will be pretty much the same as the current demo though. Aside from fixes for the found glitches and a smaller filesize.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #287 on: October 12, 2010, 05:19:36 pm »
  • .越//
The links are still 0.9? :huh: One post before your own is a link to version 0.10. You can find the same link in the starting post. You can also find the 0.10 download in the old project section. Is one of the links corrupt or something?

Download 0.10.x will come in a couple of weeks. Like I said, it will take me a little bit to finish the work on that little sideproject. I'll add it to version 0.10 when finished. The rest of the next demo will be pretty much the same as the current demo though. Aside from fixes for the found glitches and a smaller filesize.

oops should'nt read posts in the morning

i've read only the demo link...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2010, 05:18:20 pm »
:-X
I've been working on the editor for a couple of weeks now and I'm starting to get fed up with it. It's just too boring to work on. If anybody wants to build the editor in my stead I welcome it, but I'm probably going to ditch it myself. Better to cut this early and focus on the engine again rather then waiting and stopping later on anyway.
« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:03 pm »
What was the exact purpose of the editor and what language was it written in?
« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:05 pm »
The editor's ultimate goal was to gradually phase out Gamemaker as the editor. Gamemaker would hold the engine, the editor would create it's input. I planned on breaking the creation up in a large number of sections. For example:
Step one would be to define areas and rooms within those areas and be able to alter various stats per room/area like it's dimensions, number, name etc.
Step two would be to define the floors / walls per room and have the program auto fill in the visuals and solids if possible. In other worlds: create the most basis backgrounds and solids.
Step three would be the creation of doorways between rooms.
And so on, going over to added features like adding doors/switches/enemies.

While doing this I had planned to also gradually replace the ingame's hardcoded room creation with the editor's output. This would then also have been a nice opportunity to make some large engine changes like updating the depth / floor mechanics, the handling of solid objects and grouping the area control objects further.

I started making it in Gamemaker as a proof of concept. (I choose Gamemaker because it was more accessable to others). I can definatly say vb now has my preference. (Other people would probably have other preferences).

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2010, 07:12:17 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
The only thing that I don't like about using GM as the "engine holder" and another tool as the designer is the fact that you're essentially building a scripting language for a scripting language :P

Otherwise; I'm all for external maps and stuff :P I think there are wonders you can work when you're not using GM's IDE
« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2010, 08:11:54 pm »
And what do you want me to do then? Stop using GM, switch to a different language, get set back two years for no real benefit and finally quit after another two years due to real life with no finished endresult? Silly Mamoru. You should know far better then to suggest a switch in language to someone making a fangame. XD

Besides. You don't need another language to effectivly create an alttp fangame, as you should have already noticed.

Building a scripting language for a scripting language would have been a service to the little kids who keep asking me if they can use my engine. Too bad it's far more of a (boring) pain to build then I imagined.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2010, 08:18:39 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
And what do you want me to do then? Stop using GM, switch to a different language, get set back two years for no real benefit and finally quit after another two years due to real life with no finished endresult? Silly Mamoru. You should know far better then to suggest a switch in language to someone making a fangame. XD

Besides. You don't need another language to effectivly create an alttp fangame, as you should have already noticed.

Building a scripting language for a scripting language would have been a service to the little kids who keep asking me if they can use my engine. Too bad it's far more of a (boring) pain to build then I imagined.

D: I didn't say anything about switching languages; you're doing a good thing with the one you've got :P

I just mean it's probably a bit overkill to write an interpreter for a system that's already doing that :P Externalizing maps and other files is good; but it sounded like you meant everything would be designed outside of GM leaving your engine to interpret the new content :p
« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2010, 08:23:21 pm »
Ooh, you red it like that. Nope. You'd be right in finding that dumb.
I was just talking about external maps, enemy placement, chest locations etc.
« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2010, 05:00:52 pm »
Hhhmm. Maybe I was a little too testy (right word?) yesterday. Sorry. Deadlines and stuff wear me down every once in a while.

I've decided to make a recruitment's topic for the editor. Seems a shame to flat out end it before going others a go at it. I'm not sure anybody has any interest though, but that's another story XD.
« Reply #296 on: October 31, 2010, 11:38:23 am »
Just a little post to mention I'm still working on it, as always.
I've basicly finished the mechanic behind getting shocked several days ago. The visual screeneffect that accompanies it is a completely different story though. It's not too hard to think up a solution. It's hard to do it with a minimal drop in framerate (it currently still drops to around 15fps on my pc). These two goals work together very badly it seems. The presence of uneffected sprites (in between layers of tiles) is especially hard to mimic with low costs.

When I'm more or less done (or giving up trying to further improve the speed) I'll post a crude demo for people to test the performance themselves.
« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »
Just tried the Recent demo, here are some things;

- The naming thing is kind of annoying lol. I got stuck on like the second set of stairs, when you go into the place and go right, the stairs with the statue, got stuck in front of the statue. when you enter the Soldiers Shrine, the stairs right across from the Entrance.

- One of the Stalfos seemed like it died in one hit, i didn't really notice even hitting him.

- As i was entering one of the rooms, a stalfos was coming down and managed to start doing damage to me as i was coming out of the door, that's not very fair.

- Saving doesn't seem to work at all

« Reply #298 on: November 01, 2010, 06:58:13 am »
Thanks for the feedback FISSURE.

- The naming thing is like in the original, but I'll keep it in mind if I ever recode the starting screens.
- That one stair where you get stuck has been fixed in my personal demo (why does everybody try to go up there :huh:). I'll upload that demo once I'm done with the shock effects. That should be in roughly one week time from now.
- Could you tell me where it was, which weapon you had in hand and which color Stalfos died?
- This usefull information. Could you tell me the room and door you took? If it's the first time you entered that room then I'll have to adjust the enemy positioning or AI. If you just exited with a Stalfos on your tail and you reentered directly after then it's the way it's supposed to be. Also, did you get hit while you had not control over your character or only the instance you regained control?
- Saving does not work indeed. It's on my list (along with a million other things XD).

Here is last weeks progress btw:
- Tweaked the Pol's Voice AI some more (to repond better when getting hit).
- Finished the mechanic behind getting shocked by electric enemies (also possible through hitting the enemy with a sword/rod/shovel/net).
- Made progress on the "getting shocked" animation (I'm now at 20+ fps with a more consistent blurring effect, even when the screen moves).
« Reply #299 on: November 03, 2010, 12:30:42 pm »
"Vacation" started yesterday, meaning I'm studying these next two weeks for some upcoming exams. It's day one and I'm completely bored out my mind. Just ... 9 more days left :'(

When I'm bored I tend to work on my game off and on to keep my sanity and I felt like taking a screenshot of development. No reason really. I always like those inside looks into things you never end up seeing the end result. Ooh and that picture in the corner. That's me looking ordinary so it's usable for a pasport.... wait for it..... yeah, there go those few followers I once had.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 83   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 78 queries.

anything