Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I got Advent Children Complete  (Read 830 times)

So I got Advent Children Complete
« on: May 04, 2009, 01:43:36 am »
Came in from play-asia Friday. =D

For those who don't know: Advent Children Complete is a Blu-ray and extended version of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

Anyways, I think it was definitely worth the money. The quality of the movie was sooooo much better watching it in Blu-ray. A lot of stuff has been added giving Denzel more of a backstory and made it easier to understand for people who've never played the game. Some bits of audio were also changed some for the better some for the worse.
Show content
Not to mention the elongated battle with Sephiroth was wicked awesome. It didn't just end abruptly like in the original, it gave it a worth while and more epic-ish finish.
Also, some visuals were either added or fixed. For example Tsung and Elena have bandages on them instead of being perfectly normal after saving Rufus from falling off the building, or how Reno and Rude have dirt on their clothes from fighting Loz and Yazoo.

And of course the Final Fantasy XIII demo was great as well, kinda short, but great. [spoiler=Paragraph Long Spoiler!]I really like the battle system. You have commands your starting list of actions (Physical, Magic, and Healing are what they seem to be) then you have another set of 5: Attack, Aerial Attack, Magic Spell (Lightning has a fire spell (ironically), and Snow has an ice spell), and kind of special attack. And you have the active time gauge. The bar is split into the 3 segments allowing you to have 3 attacks once the gauge is full, or just 1 when it's 1/3rd of the way full. And different attack will fill up a different number of segments, but in the demo you have 3 attacks that take 1/3, and your special takes the entire gauge (If that didn't make any sense just watch a gameplay video). The graphics and animations are really nice to look at too. The battle music reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy X, having a more upbeat sound and not just kind of a generic RPG battle theme. Plus there's two additional trailers of FF Versus XIII and Agito XIII that are pretty neat.[/spoiler]

That's all I'm gonna say for now though, I don't wanna spoil it too much. I'd definitely recommend picking it up once it hits the US if you have some spare cash, or order from play-asia like I did (the movie has both English and Japanese audio so no worries about that, and Blu-ray discs don't have region locks).
  • https://colbydude.com
Re: So I got Advent Children Complete
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 04:44:54 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I'd buy this now, but I'm not paying nearly $70 for it.  I guess I'll just have to wait for the US release in June =(

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 38 queries.

anything