Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Miniâ„¢ (Formerly "ZFGC Wareâ„¢")  (Read 8108 times)

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
*INSPIRED BY MFGG WARE*

So here's the deal.

- WTF, matey? -

How many of you have played any of the WarioWare-Games? I played two. :B
So I had this idea. What about certain members of ZFGC being the main-characters of a WarioWare-like game - you know with little stories and to pass each story-level, you have to beat several mini-games with the length of a few seconds? I thought it'd be pretty fun.

I figured that using the mouse for the games, along with the keyboard (each at a time) would be nice too - for the sake of innovation.

- Okay, what can I do? -

At first, I'll recruit a team of coders, graphicers and audio-pros. Even if you're not in the team, you still can contribute a lot. We need a lot of ideas for the "microgames". Credit will be give, of course!
Before you even think about suggesting, though - read below for more informations on what kind of "microgames" we need.

- Tha Team -

Project-Leader(s):
  Fox

Programming:
   Not available, unless you will to use GameMaker.

Graphics:
  Fox
  (OPEN SPOT!!)
  (OPEN SPOT!!)

Music/Sounds:
  (OPEN SPOT!!)
  (OPEN SPOT!!)
  (OPEN SPOT!!)

- Which ZFGC-members will be featured as characters in the game? -

- Fox
- (Make a suggestion)
- (Make a suggestion)
- (Make a suggestion)
- (Make a suggestion)
- (Make a suggestion)

- What is a good Microgame? -

If you ever played a Warioware-game, you probably know. The games are fast-paced, challenging and yet they're simple - even if you play a certain microgame for the first time, you are able to comprehend the situation and react. Usually, only direction-buttons and one or two action-buttons are used.

As for the content of each games - that's when it gets awesome. The stuff that happens might be extraordinairy:
- Break an egg in the right time so it falls in the pan
- Smash a fly with a fan
- Knock on a door

... over sorta odd:
- Grasp a woman's hand before she falls down
- Move the switch of a door so it opens for a plane to fly through
- Balance a broom in your hand and keep it from falling

... to absolutely "WTF":
- Make Link go into a cave
- Save the world with your laser-eyes
- Pick your nose

Your game should be interesting, sometimes simple, sometimes cute, sometimes LOL WUT.
I'll be the judge for choosing appropiate suggestions, and I'll probably advance the judge.

- List of Microgame-suggestions -
Legend: DB=Direction-Buttons (Up, Right, Left, Down), AB1=Action-Button 1, AB2=Action-Button 2, M=Mouse, MB=Mouse-Button

- CHANGE CHANNEL! Move your thumb over the button of a remote (M) and click it (MB) (Fox)
- WATER GO! Use a faucet (Press Left, Down, Right, Up and repeat until it's going) (Fox)
- MAKE DRAMA! Press AB1 as much as possible to post drama-posts on ZFGC (Moldrill)
- FLAME! Press AB1 to make the flaming post, press AB2 when a mod is watches the topic! (Bboy94)
- LIGHT! Press Left, then Right, repeat that until the match is lightened (Kame)
- AVOID! Move the dustbin horizontally with the mouse to avoid a paperball (Ricky)
- SLICE! Wait for the bar on the right to be in red, then press AB1 to slice the Lime (Limey)
- TYPE! Press AB1 and AB2 again and again to type a post (Fox)
- GUIDE! Guide a little guy with your mouse (Fox)
- DANCE, FISSURE! Make Fissure dance on his monitor with random DBs (.TakaM)

-------------

RIGHT. I eagerly await your suggestions! Hopefully, we'll make it. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

- Fox
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 09:22:23 am by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART

OSM

Re: ZFGC Wareâ„¢
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 07:36:39 pm »
  • ilu ZFGC <3
Sounds good. :D

MechaBowser

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 07:37:52 pm »
Sounds good. :D
MFGG Ware pfffft

I should totally be a programmer, if it wasn't because I'm drowning in work

All I can say is: Don't you dare make this in GameMaker. Instead develop it for Nintendo DS flash carts and make sure it's DLDI compliant. Think of what you could do with the Nintendo DS' capabilities.
Haha
good one
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 07:44:08 pm by MechaBowser »

MechaBowser

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 07:43:04 pm »
Sorry, I didn't realise you were aiming at making this game in Flash

What the

Where does it say that

Fox

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 07:45:54 pm »
As for now, it'll probably be made in GameMaker. I'm lacking knowledge of everything else, yet I want to have an eye on that project.
  • Me on deviantART

MechaBowser

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 07:48:41 pm »
As for now, it'll probably be made in GameMaker. I'm lacking knowledge of everything else, yet I want to have an eye on that project.
EWWW GAME MAKER
EWWW
EWWW GAME MAKER

Fox

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 07:55:21 pm »
For one, I just made the suggestion of the usement of the mouse, for a BIT of innovation. Besides of that, it doesn't always have to be OMGROFLWTFAWESOME, because... actually, it looks awesome at first glimpse - and for the first few hours that you play one of the three innovative games of the series, it IS different and fun - but it turns ordinairy. It's fun because of the challenge of fast-paced thinking and reacting. That's what WarioWare-games are about, too.

*sigh*

Nobody is applying for the team, everybody is seeing this as not-innovative, ALSO GAMEMAKER LOL, and... what the hell? Guys, at least TRY.
  • Me on deviantART

Fox

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 08:08:43 pm »
GameMaker is capable of doing SOMETHING. I'm not making this project for being all awesome and having a completely new, never-seen-before game. Sorry if it's not that innovative. Really. It's just that I can't go and spend another few years on learning a programming-language that well so that I can make a game for the fricking DS. 

I know this project might not be the most contributing thing to the fan-game-section, but as long as I try to establish something, I think it's well worth it and shows a bit of spirit. I want to show that you can actually DO something if you want to.
You, on the other hand, try to turn this project down. As much as I appreciate your suggestions, you're blaming this whole concept to be uninnovative, boring, impossible to be made.

I know it's exactly what we should not be doing but - Jai, unless you have something productive to say or to make, please don't post in this topic anymore. I really am not in the mood to have my idea turned down when really it could work out so well.
  • Me on deviantART

MechaBowser

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 08:08:59 pm »
While we're at it, I could easily get the Wiimote to work on this game if it's made in MMF2.
BUT IT'D REQUIRE THE PLAYER TO HAVE A BLUETOOTH DEVICE
DO WE DARE TO TAKE THE CHANCE?

Fox

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 08:11:11 pm »
While we're at it, I could easily get the Wiimote to work on this game if it's made in MMF2.
BUT IT'D REQUIRE THE PLAYER TO HAVE A BLUETOOTH DEVICE
DO WE DARE TO TAKE THE CHANCE?
Nope, sorry. For one, we'd have to use MultimediaFusion. Sorry for being bullheaded about this.
For second, games that require an additional thing to have in order to play it - not cool. D:
  • Me on deviantART

MechaBowser

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 08:13:15 pm »
Nope, sorry. For one, we'd have to use MultimediaFusion. Sorry for being bullheaded about this.
For second, games that require an additional thing to have in order to play it - not cool. D:
I'd like to help but GameMaker is such a failurish failure to make Wario Ware in.
1) It can't speed up decent
2) It slows down preeeeetty much
3) It can't even set the music frequence
4) It's limited like hell
5) Why the hell are you even considering GameMaker
6) ???
7) PROFIT
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:14:56 pm by MechaBowser »
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 08:20:22 pm »
Can i be the guy who gives you minigame ideas via PM. :P

Fox

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 08:21:31 pm »
I'd like to help but GameMaker is such a failurish failure to make Wario Ware in.
1) It can't speed up decent
2) It slows down preeeeetty much
3) It can't even set the music frequence
4) It's limited like hell
5) Why the hell are you even considering GameMaker
6) ???
7) PROFIT
Alright, that's it. No applications for the coders unless someone is willing to use GameMaker.

Can i be the guy who gives you minigame ideas via PM. :P
No. Instead, post your ideas here.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 08:26:54 pm »
Okay. n_n

The instructions is "Critisise with A button" It shows .TakaM in front of a computer and when you press A he yells at the screen.

lol. I can picture him doing that...
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 09:12:19 pm »
I can't really complain about GameMaker or suggest a different way of programming it...I'm not a programmer.  It would be kind of cool to be able to play it using the Wii browser, but if Flash isn't an option then that won't be possible.

Personally, I think this is a cool idea, and simple enough that there's a damn good chance of having the game completed.  If it can be done using GM, I say go for it.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 09:22:07 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I made a GM mini-game once.  It was link trying to get to the other side of the map.  Gannon was flying around shooting fireballs, but the game ended as soon as you got to the designated area.

Not a bad idea, good luck with it.  I don't understand why people are so negative.  Okay, I take that back... I understand why: it's a superiority complex on their part, but I don't understand why they have *that*.

[EDIT] Did I mention that my mini-game was so ridiculously easy to make that it didn't require a line of code?  Sure it wasn't perfect, but the only hard part about it was the graphical aspect.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 09:29:27 pm by 2awesome4apossum »
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 09:44:04 pm »
I love the idea, and don't know why are people being so negative about it...
Sol, in case you don't remind, the very first Wario Ware, was on GameBoy Advance, there were no touch screens nor Wii-motes, still, that game was as good and as fun as the most recent ones...
Anyways, I suck at programming, suck at graphic-making and suck with audio stuff... >_>
However, I may have occasionally ideas for microgames, so, please tell me, can I start posting ideas for Micro-games in this topic as I get the ideas?
Good luck with the project. :D

Fox

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 09:53:03 pm »
Okay. n_n

The instructions is "Critisise with A button" It shows .TakaM in front of a computer and when you press A he yells at the screen.

lol. I can picture him doing that...
:P That's actually a nice idea. I'll add that. I'll probably change .TakaM into a "Usual Member of ZFGC", though. Or something. ;D

I made a GM mini-game once.  It was link trying to get to the other side of the map.  Gannon was flying around shooting fireballs, but the game ended as soon as you got to the designated area.

Not a bad idea, good luck with it.  I don't understand why people are so negative.  Okay, I take that back... I understand why: it's a superiority complex on their part, but I don't understand why they have *that*.

[EDIT] Did I mention that my mini-game was so ridiculously easy to make that it didn't require a line of code?  Sure it wasn't perfect, but the only hard part about it was the graphical aspect.
Wow, finally heads up. |D Thanks. I hope I can make it.

I love the idea, and don't know why are people being so negative about it...
Sol, in case you don't remind, the very first Wario Ware, was on GameBoy Advance, there were no touch screens nor Wii-motes, still, that game was as good and as fun as the most recent ones...
Anyways, I suck at programming, suck at graphic-making and suck with audio stuff... >_>
However, I may have occasionally ideas for microgames, so, please tell me, can I start posting ideas for Micro-games in this topic as I get the ideas?
Good luck with the project. :D
I'd love you to! Every idea is welcome, and every public idea that can be read by everyone might inspire others to more ideas. So post right away!

I figured that the whole WarioWare-alike concept is maybe not such a good idea (especially since GM has issues with faster room-changing), so what about having micro-game after micro-game without sequences between? I think that'd be good.

Even though the game is still very similar to WarioWare, we'll call it something else.

SUGGESTIONS FOR A BETTER NAME FOR THE GAME ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Something like ZFGC-Party, only better.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 10:27:56 pm »
Time your flame. Do it long enough so that people see it, then delete it before a mod sees it.
Make fun of linkw. Everytime you see his name, you have to attack him, by clicking post.
Not ZFGC, but Zelda. Try and control one of those boars.

I don't know, its just off the top of my head.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 10:32:39 pm »
  • [sic]
A few ideas i had when i was planning a WarioWare-style game:

Dip! the Nachos. Dip 'em in cheese, put 'em on the plate. More nachos for harder levels.

Clip! the nails. Move the scissors up and down and cut the toenails at a good length. Cat (three nails), other animal with 4, then human with 5.

Light! the candles. Strike the match and light.

Strum! the Guitar. Move the pick up and down to the correct string (indicated) and hold A to strum. Points off for strums too long or short.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 75 queries.