Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

-

-
-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEAD] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster  (Read 84927 times)

Re: [DEMO] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2010, 04:25:28 pm »
Actually the story began rather good, with those four heroes. Although four is not the number I would chose. More an odd number like 3, 5 or 7. But then you had to drop in this part:

As for Fourth one... She were sealed in item, which three Goddessess made.  Goddessess, Din, Naury and Farore couldn't perish Fourth one, because Fourth one exists as long as time runs in this world. Thus this item cannot be destroyed, but power of Fourth one still exists and can be used by anyone, who use this item. This item is possessed by Huryles Royal and this item is named as Ocarina of Time!
It completely ruined the story. Especially the Ocarina of Time part. It so much looks like you want to let your story hook up with OOT and MM. Don't do that. Look at other Zelda stories for inspiration, but don't go and tie in your story with them.

Oh yes, I don't want to offense you. But maybe it is time for you to get a refresher course in English. I know it is not your native language, which is plain obvious from your story. But the mistakes make your story hard to read. First of all use the words "the" and "a/an" a lot more. Making a story enjoyable is not only content, but also having a good presentation. Just a little example of improvement:

Original:
But after evil being defeated four legendary heroes disappeared. People of Huryle say they went back to Heavens, someones thinks legend is just fairytale, but there is also people who believes those four god-like  heroes are still with us.
Improved:
After the evil was defeated, the four legendary heroes disappeared. Most of the people of Hyrule say the heroes went back to the Heavens they came from. Others think the legend is just a fairytale to tell the children. And some believe that the four godlike heroes are still among them.

PS: On the rolling part. I don't know exactly how you create the body of Link, but for the rolling animation you could use and ellipsoid with a texture, instead of twisting and turning Link's body. Considering the graphical style you are using it probably won't look bad at all. It would be similar to the goron rolling in MM.
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2010, 04:55:21 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
Thank you. That part, I'll delete that. Fourth one shall be antagonist and won't be sealed in Ocarina of Time. This Also I wanted four heroes, because heroes also resembles Huryles species, Seikah/Hylian (Which one :s), Zora, Goron and Deku. Time, Wisdom, Power and Courage.

My english sucks, I know -___-" (got 6 in school, 4 worst 10 best)
So don't you mind if I replace my text with your improved text :3
Also I'm already joining English courses. Btw, I have been learning english about 9 years :D
About half of my life :D

About rolling, ellipsoid as rolling Link would look awful. That's why I'm trying to animate it even its much harder. Need play with transformations, lengthdirs and rebuild structure of Link model etc. Ellipsoid is last opinion for rolling.

~Drandula~

Edit. By the way, would it be nice if in game you can by thing to bow, that you are out of arrows, it uses rupees to shoot arrows. Like in first Zelda :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:07:23 am by drandula »
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2010, 08:02:43 am »
My english sucks, I know -___-" (got 6 in school, 4 worst 10 best)
So don't you mind if I replace my text with your improved text :3

No problem.

Also I'm already joining English courses. Btw, I have been learning english about 9 years :D
About half of my life :D

English isn't my native language either, but if found it useful to watch movies spoken in English and without the dutch subtitles, watching English fansubs, reading English books. Just using it in every day live could improve ones English drastically.

Edit. By the way, would it be nice if in game you can by thing to bow, that you are out of arrows, it uses rupees to shoot arrows. Like in first Zelda :P
Using ruppees as arrows was more a choice because of the limitation of the hardware, then an actual gameplay decision. You could do it if you want to, but I doubt it will add anything special to the game. Especially when ruppees are in abundance like in TP.
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2010, 02:42:02 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
So I tried make rolling... Failed miserably -__-"
I somehow messed up my code etc. So Link was acting weird and I dunno why. But luckily I always make many backups.

I just did something stupid, but now rolling works. It still doesn't look as I wanted and that is irritating ><
Also now fairy goes to targetting object before targetting it, so you know what you are going to target at. But new bug appeared, sometimes you can't target object even fairy is ready for targetting. Trying to polish that bug off.

This project is going slooowlyyy... I should make up a team. *Roosteeers!*

Niek, I often use english forums, watch english dubbed/subbed movies, just randomly talk english with my little brothers etc.

I want feedback about background story, thank you.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:15:43 pm by drandula »
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2010, 06:58:03 am »
If I understand correctly, drandula's native language is finnish, and since learning finnish is like beating yourself with a deku stick for seven years (seriously, grammar-wise it's probably WORSE than learning latin, or so my finnish friends tell me) it is totally OK that english is hard. Umm, yeah I don't mean it in a bad way I just mean... going from finninsh to english... it's hard cause the language center in your brain is filled to the brim with your own language... which is hard. Right?

Anyhoo, the backgroud story.

I find the idea of pre-historical heroes sealed away somewhere in the time/space of Hyrule interesting. I imagine you are going to let the hero of the game have a reason to find these pre-heroes, either to fight a newly risen evil or just because, well, it's the neighborly thing to do. That idea gets a thumbs up.

If you want to have the heroes sealed and hidden in TIME, having the Ocarina of Time reappear as a means to travel more freely between timeperiods, not as much as adult/child timelines as in OoT, but perhaps as in several different timeperiods, like in the SNES game Chrono Trigger, it would be interesting, and certainly an excitingly new touch to the series. However, remember that it wold mean a helluva lot more work for you, making different timeperiod-versions of every map in the game.

Now to the parts I feel... dubious about. The triforce and the "time" thingie.

New takes on the Zelda story is of course commendable, but I feel that tampering with the whole concept of how the Triforce came into being is a bit too much - I just think it would be more fun if you built your story without changing anything already stated many times in the games, cause Zelda fanatics tend to flinch and feel uncomfortable about those things (I do.)
The triforce was left behind after the goddesses left their newly created world.

The other thing is about making four heroes, a female which is related to time... Basically, even if I might get hammered about this later, MANY - not all but enough, zelda fans think that the "goddess of time" mentioned in majoras mask is Nayuru, the goddesses of wisdom who brought the spirit of law to the world. Many perceive this as "She made time move" and she made the laws of physics, gravity, etc. Separating the power (triforce) "Wisdom" with the concept of "time" craves a helluva good motivation for it...

Maybe instead of betrayal, an accident (or a last curse from the evil they fought) sent them flying through the dimensions, and Link goes on a mission from Zelda/old wise man/deku tree/ whoever is knowledgable about this - in order to find and rescue them cause the prehistorical evil (Worse than Ganon! Oh my!) has risen again and only they know how to stop it.. Maybe the evil is what corrupted Ganondorfs heart... a chaos god.. wait, now I'm losing it!

About the idea of the fourth evil heroine: Basically, I've read fanfics, and such, portraying female bad guys in Zelda, and... well, they suck. As a female zelda gamer, it's extremely awkward when people create lame female characters. Basically, because a "good girl" doesn't need any complex character and is therefore easy to create, but an antagonistic girl or woman needs something more. It's not that I think you're incapable of creating characters, but I'm just saying that it's HARD. creating the technical part of a game is hard, and your work looks good. But beautiful games with bad stories are always a bit sad to play, cause you feel like, "if only this character said that instead"

I guess it'd be more fun if you created a totally evil unworldy chaos-thing that cursed the three heroes, or even more dramaturgically interesting, CORRUPTED them. Maybe Link and Zelda could un-corrupt Ganondorf and team up in the ending battle.... ^^
Or if such a being corrupted whoever betrayed the three heroes and when Link meets this fourth person he/she is filled with regret and desperation...

Anyway, just DON'T mx in the riforce in a weird way, and please, don't seperate time&wisdom.
Maybe tte fourth "betrayer person" wasn't a hero, maybe it was a friend/family/royal person suddenly overtaken by dark powers...

Well yeah... I'm just saying... umm, yeah good luck. ^_^
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.

OSM

« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2010, 08:37:00 pm »
  • ilu ZFGC <3
This is extremely impressive, I'm loving everything I'm seeing. I hope to see great things come out of this.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:41:10 pm by OSM »

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2010, 02:15:09 pm »
  • Idk
Offtopic; OSM! Welcome back!  :D
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2010, 11:26:02 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Í had few important exams in last days, so I haven't done anything. But as writing, I have been rethinking the backstory:
- - -

In time of Hyrule there have been four legendary heroes, who saved the land of Huryle from the evil. Those four had power compared to goddessess, or as another legend says, they were gods itself. Each one seemed resemble the parts of Triforce; Power, Wisdom and Courage. But one of them was different, because she didn't resemble Goddessess. Her power were granted by people of Huryle.

After the evil was defeated, the four legendary heroes disappeared. Most of the people of Hyrule say the heroes went back to the Heavens they came from. Others think the legend is just a fairytale to tell the children. And some believe that the four godlike heroes are still among them.

But what really happened..?

Fourth one, had betrayed other ones and sealed them in flows of time. Power of these three other ones were granted by Din, Naury and Farore, who saw Fourth had turned to evil and sealed her in statue. This seal shall not break, unless Fourth one has pure heart once again.
Thus goddessess couldn't bring three other Heroes back, they made powerful items which will remind everyone about those three Heroes.

Still items true meaning have been forgotten by holders and items doesn't have their original powers...

As legend is told by people, legend changes as people, but memory of Four legendary hero still exists. Its out there, the true legend of Four Heroes.

I'll edit that later. But you see, no Triforce nor Ocarina of Time. I thought using those were bad idea from beginning, but I wanted see reaction. Eleo had good point, but uncorrupt Ganondorf was too much :s But new ideas are welcome :)

Again I'm writing on night, and I'm so tired >_< Gotta go sleep and reread my own text.
Ps. I got my driving license last Monday and last Thursday I got a car. Nissan Micra -95

~Drandula~
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:02:26 pm by drandula »
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2010, 06:37:45 am »
Thumbs up for changed background story!

Haha, yes leave ganondorf alone, those thoughts of mine were mainly just my inner fangirl squeeling ^^

Congrats for getting your license! And a car! Yowsa! ^__^

Btw, it's still a while before you'll start working with dialogue scripts and such, but if you want to, I'd LOVE to help you with all text-related things, grammar checks, dialogue brainstorming, anything.

I speak/write english(quite) and swedish(totally) fluently and love reading and writing so if you want to use me give me a holler!
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2010, 08:32:12 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Btw, it's still a while before you'll start working with dialogue scripts and such, but if you want to, I'd LOVE to help you with all text-related things, grammar checks, dialogue brainstorming, anything.
Oh, that would be neat :) You can help me anytime :D

Then... PERKELE! Laptop crashed, which had project in it D:< I cannot start up Windows, and boot menu is only accessable. This laptop did have problems with fan and overheated several times. But I don't exactly know what happened, because some of my little brothers used it when I was driving back home.

Good news are, that I have project also in my memory card, but I cannot test how old it is. Reason for this is because laptop had only memory card slot, which is built-in.

So basically, this is frozen until I get new memory card reader. And my money went for my car equipments, (DVD-player and Navigator :P)

~Drandula~

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2010, 11:54:32 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
 :(

That really sucks... How sad... I hope your computer woes resolve themselves in a positive manner!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2010, 08:09:44 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
:(

That really sucks... How sad... I hope your computer woes resolve themselves in a positive manner!
I dunno can it be fixed :/
finally I can read that memory card. I used my Navigator as memory card reader :D
Backup isn't that old, but I need make rolling again.
But really this sucks :I Thank heavens I still got my backup.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2010, 09:22:38 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I had a backup for a mario game I was making years ago... sadly it was before I completely redid the game... At least yours is relatively recent, right?

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
That backup had been made after video, so its pretty recent. Other backups were from last year :s
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2010, 12:24:39 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Few. I almost thought this project was scrapped. We were talking about your game in the Z3 topic. Are you going to submit a demo?
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 02:25:47 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Got laptop back~ Tough it still has fan problem, so sudden shut downs are problem :I
What is Z3 ^^"
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 03:34:41 pm »
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:46 pm »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Now that you know, will you enter?
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2010, 01:22:20 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
I don't think I will enter.

Sorry being busy, I haven't got time for doing anything important for game engine itself. But I have been thinking story etc.

I used some paint skills and made sketch up Goron Mines, check attachment. Edit. I added textures to sketch, check second attachment. Used MS Paint :D

~Drandula~

Ps. Daamn, I'm really slow! Almost year of development and only this much done.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:35:48 pm by drandula »
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2010, 07:11:18 pm »
Good to see your computer is alive and that the project is moving, even if it's slow progress right now. If you want any feedback or text-help or such, feel free to PM me and I'll lend you a hand! :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 81 queries.

anything