Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Abortions  (Read 19837 times)

Pyru

Re: Abortions
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2006, 07:53:59 pm »
Is it really worth it, though?

I mean, why quantity of life over quality?

The rest of the mother's life is !@#$%, basically. Unplanned pregnancies are hell.

The kid's life is royally !@#$%. The whole way through. Kids born to underage mothers are more likely to get pregnant underage. It's true.

YoVoBaller

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2006, 07:57:11 pm »
Is it really worth it, though?

I mean, why quantity of life over quality?

The rest of the mother's life is F*cked, basically. Unplanned pregnancies are hell.

The kid's life is royally F*cked. The whole way through. Kids born to underage mothers are more likely to get pregnant underage. It's true.

*Agrees*

Answer this: Why not.. just NOT have sex? That'd fix alot of the problems. Pregnancies by rape or w.e. is a whole other issue. But we could fix the unplanned pregnancies, by simple, waiting.

Pyru

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2006, 08:01:28 pm »
Its not a perfect solution, though. People are gonna have sex anyway. Protected or not, there's always a risk.

See, the difference is, I believe that suffering is worse than death. What does someone dying mean, in its purest sense? One less human being around. It's the same as one person just never having been born. If the foetus doesn't suffer in abortion... then I've got no qualms about it.

It's not like we're underpopulated.

YoVoBaller

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2006, 08:04:55 pm »
Its not a perfect solution, though. People are gonna have sex anyway. Protected or not, there's always a risk.

lol It's a perfect solution if they don't have sex

>.>

:)

Pyru

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2006, 08:12:52 pm »

>.>

Nope. That just doesn't work. People will do.

It's human nature. It's what their bodies tell them to do.

It's perfectly natural, and there's no way to stop it.

YoVoBaller

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2006, 08:16:20 pm »

>.>

Nope. That just doesn't work. People will do.

It's human nature. It's what their bodies tell them to do.

It's perfectly natural, and there's no way to stop it.

Dude... your saying people have no self-control??? I seem to be doing pretty decent at it. It's not that they can't. It's that they don't want to restrain themselves and wait. Do they want to? Yeah. Natural? Yup. Wise? Should they at that moment? No. If they don't need to do it, Do they have to? No. They simply don't choose too. I've waited, and I'm waitin till I'm married. Well that's just me. But you CAN wait.

Pyru

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2006, 08:20:09 pm »
Not everyone can, though. And not everyone will.

Hear about all those catholic countries with high rates of STDs? Aid workers went over there, encouraging them to use condoms. For years, they consistently lowered the rates of STDs and their high birth rates. Then, the pope said "Condoms are evil, use abstinence". Didn't work- STD rates soared and so did birth rates.

YoVoBaller

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2006, 08:26:34 pm »
Not everyone can, though. And not everyone will.

Hear about all those catholic countries with high rates of STDs? Aid workers went over there, encouraging them to use condoms. For years, they consistently lowered the rates of STDs and their high birth rates. Then, the pope said "Condoms are evil, use abstinence". Didn't work- STD rates soared and so did birth rates.

Lemme put it like this:

God gave us free choice to do what we want, whether right or wrong.

Our Government gives us freedom to do what we want, as long as it doesn't affect another person in a bad way, or it violates the principles this nation was founded on.

Thing is people have the choice to have sex, and they do it. When our bodies have the urge to have sex, All you need is to have the will power to make your mind decide not to have sex. Use our gift of free choice, to NOT have sex, even though we want it at that time.

Pyru

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2006, 08:29:09 pm »
Please don't bring God into this. Or at least, don't state it as fact. It is your beliefs, and nothing but.

Yes, people have free will, but a lot of people say "what's the harm?" It's not like shooting yourself in the head when you know you're gonna die. It's a risk, and people think they can beat the odds.

YoVoBaller

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2006, 08:33:14 pm »
Fair enough I wont bring God into this. But we do have free will, and when they "beat the odds" They get pregnant. It's that persons fault, They had the choice not to. They did, they're pregnant, and to me their punishment should be, from then on working the tails off as hard as they can, to provide, and care for that child. Not end what it could have been, just because you screwed up.

Pyru

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2006, 08:35:04 pm »
That's the point. People don't need to suffer from their screw-ups. Life can- and should- be better than that for everyone.

YoVoBaller

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2006, 08:37:58 pm »
It should. But the person failed, by their own free will. Abortion is murdering the baby, before it can become what it's supposed to be. Life should be better than that for a fetus.

Pyru

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2006, 08:42:19 pm »
It should. But the person failed, by their own free will. Abortion is murdering the baby, before it can become what it's supposed to be. Life should be better than that for a fetus.

It's just a foetus. It won't know the difference; the mother will. Life should be better than that for the mother, and life can't be much good at all for the baby if they're ever born.

YoVoBaller

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2006, 08:46:02 pm »
You know when you pull the plug, on a person in a vegetated state? That reference was made to this. Well it's wrong. A vegetated person basically has no hope of becoming self-sufficient. A Baby, is there so it can become self-effectient. If you had put a vegetated person into some magical chamber for 9 months, and at the end he'd be restored. Would you pull the plug? No. Your killing the fetus, not for the baby, but for the mother, because she doesn't want to accept the conscequences for her mistake. Her fault. It sucks yeah... but still her fault, and should live with it.

I want to say this real quick. For however long this debate lasts... I don't know. But I know that neither one of us, will change the mind of the other. Like me, I'm expressing my views, and I believe STRONGLY on them. And there's basically no way to change it without just some sort of proof or wisdom that makes sense for me to change it. Just like mine is most likely NOT going to change yours. I enjoy the expressing of each others views. But I want to say, lets make sure this doesn't end up in a war type  debate and end in anger. After this is over, I'll treat you to a nice cup of tea  :D

[Limey Edit: Please dont double post, you can edit your posts, thanks ;)]

O sorry for the double post  :-[
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:01:48 pm by YoVoBaller »

Ultimate

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2006, 03:30:08 pm »
I will say it again IF YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO HAVE SEX WITH NO PROTECTION THEN DONT HAVE SEX!!!! If you do, suffer, because you're a dumb motherf*cker for not doing the smart thing. God has nothing to do with it for f*cks sake, abortion is murder (and no i'm not a bible basher, not all people against abortions are). It's just plain murder. What gives someone the right to kill? Hmmm???
"Oh i f*cked up so i get to kill a living creature"
Um no, grow up and take responsability for your own bloody actions. No excuses. You either have sex with protection or dont and run the risk of getting pregnant. Too bad for you if you do, but dont think you can murder a living creature just because you messed up.

Pyru

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2006, 04:11:37 pm »
"Oh i f*cked up so i get to kill a living creature"
but dont think you can murder a living creature just because you messed up.

I just thought I'd select those two bits from your post. People kill living creatures every day. Slaughtering animals, self-protection, for sport or just because they're pests. People still do it. What's the difference?

Ultimate

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2006, 04:25:46 pm »
Human life is no more important than any other life on this planet, I dont believe in the unnecessary murder of any creature.

Pyru

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2006, 04:28:29 pm »
Human life is no more important than any other life on this planet, I dont believe in the unnecessary murder of any creature.

If you don't kill some, then more will die.

Ultimate

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2006, 04:34:18 pm »
what are you refering to killing?

Pyru

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2006, 04:35:46 pm »
what are you refering to killing?

Killing things for food and defence; preventing the spreading of disease, etc. Some things have to die so other can survive. It's the way things are.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 74 queries.