Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed] Population Control  (Read 2190 times)

[Completed] Population Control
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:01:56 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I created this game in about 10 minutes.  It's actually quite fun just to watch.

Download HERE.
(Also, scroll down for the URL.  It's past the instructions.)

Population Control
A 10 minute game by TreLantana

A casual time-killing game.  The object is to keep your population in check.

Each building will increase by a development stage after a set amount
of time.  The higher the stage, the more people it can support.  When a building
goes past stage "Factory blocking with smog", or stage 13/6, the land it is on will
stop sustaining life for about 2 minutes.

To reduce a building to a lower stage, you must click it a number of times.  the longer
the building has been in it's stage, the more clicks it will take to knock it back.

The game has no conditions for losing, and thus it could and will go on forever if left unattended.

The top of the screen shows the population and the current time played.

The building stages are:

0 - Free, productive land.
1 - Small house
2 - 2 houses
3 - housing development    (This stage can also progess to stage 12 instead.)
4 thru 11 - Office Building
12 - Factory
13 - High-Pollution Factory
14 - Unlivable land

Have fun!

http://www.rocketsoft.gm-school.uni.cc/uploads/PopulationControl(2).exe

Screenies:

Please, tell me what you think.

EDIT: The EXE I uploaded was a bad version of the game.  It should be fixed now, in case anyone downloaded the bad copy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:39:00 am by 4Sword »
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Population Control
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 04:03:16 pm »
  • hungry..
Screenshots please.
  • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 06:24:22 pm »
So...tired...of...clicking...*collapses*

Anyway, some screenshots:

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 06:55:49 pm »
Thanks for taking screenshots Sir Cyrus...  I was a bit rushed last night, and woke up very sick this morning.  About half an hour or so ago, to be exact.

Good luck with the clicking.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 06:56:42 pm »
It's pretty nice! but I didn't really understood what I had to do because I was to lazy to read the help! xD
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 06:57:57 pm »
 XD   Just click the buildings.  That's all.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 09:37:29 pm »
Either the game is too complex for me, or my brain just isn't working today (I'd go with the second one).
I see houses turn into buildings, and then buildings with smoke stacks. Then within 10 seconds it turns into a red house.
0_o
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 02:08:01 am »
Either the game is too complex for me, or my brain just isn't working today (I'd go with the second one).
I see houses turn into buildings, and then buildings with smoke stacks. Then within 10 seconds it turns into a red house.
0_o

...Is the game skipping over stage # 13?   Awww, crud.   All I can say right now is just pretend that the land became unsuitable for life, and finished that stage already.

I'll fix it as soon as I can.   XD
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 51 queries.