Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 PLAYER(i totally redid it)  (Read 7683 times)

gm112

Re: MP3 PLAYER(i totally redid it)
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 09:16:41 pm »
I did a smal update. The minute finally reads corectly but the seconds is a !@#$%.(Once I have that fixed I will immediately post the update including the progress bar).

Known Bugs:
-The clock is a tough one Dont worry guys I'm working on that
-Process bar goes out of the screen if the song is longer than 10 minutes.
-The crosshair(mouse) somehow ends up under the buttons and we dont like that!

LINKY: http://s21.quicksharing.com/v/5417988/mp3_player.zip.html

Updates:

------------------
-Now the mouse is gone until you load your song then it dissapears again(Fox this update was just for your skin too.)
-Foxes new skin is the best there was made so far so I made his skin official.
-The clock is now 50% acurate... the minute (sometimes breaks) seconds is broken! >_<.
------------------
Next update what will be expected:
-----------------
-100% Acurate clock
-Fixed process bar
-everything skinnable(Including the font)
-Maybe if I get far enough I'll add a ini file so you can move everything around!
-----------------

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 09:20:06 pm by gm112 »
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 10:51:31 pm »
ummm I'm am not using game maker.I'm using the actual program Fecal matter

I didn't say you were using Game Maker. I was just assuming that what you're programming it in has a function for rounding and a function for writing text. I don't know what the functions are, so I put round() and write(). But, apparently it won't work anyway, because the time didn't work like you said it did.

gm112

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 02:27:46 am »
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
downloady!: http://www.savefile.com/files/8811053

UPDATES!
-----------------------
-Now reads song artist, song title, and album --This replaces that directory/filename text
-reimplemented minimize/maximize
-reduced the lag that occured while playing the song
-Shows CPU and Memory use
-----------------------

Expected next update:
-Hopefully proper time read
-Definatly the crosshair button fix

When them two bugs are fixed then this mp3 player will be declared ready for new skin features
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 03:36:15 am by gm112 »
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2006, 02:43:55 am »
  • w00t
Hm.  Once again, it's a nifty tool, but I'm afraid I'm probably not going to use it, at least not if I want to use my computer for other things at the same time.  On a related note, I think your "CPU usage" measurement is kinda wrong.  Here's a screenshot:

My CPU usage shot up to 100% and stayed there the whole time.  Opening up Paint to paste the screenshot took a good 20 seconds.

It's a cool tool, but it hogs so many resources that I won't use it.  Sorry.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

gm112

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2006, 02:52:10 am »
no thats the exact value dan. It's using not even 1 cpu

EDIT!: also task manager lies! helios taught me this trust me! the If this was using 100% of your cpu your computer would be lagging like Fecal matter
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 03:13:04 am by gm112 »
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 03:22:19 am »
  • w00t
It may not be at 100%, but it's certainly not using only 1% of the CPU.  I already told you, my computer does lag as a result of having it open.  It's not as bad as other times that it's lagged, but it is noticeable. 

I have a question though:  Is the arrow cursor in the mp3 player application supposed to make smooth movements?  It lags horribly for me, so it will jumpe from place to play if I simply move my mouse.  It seems to only be refreshing the position about 3 times per second, and it looks odd.  This isn't a major issue, but like with the other problem I have, it is noticeable. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

gm112

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2006, 03:27:47 am »
now the mouse...well its a memory leak that i just recently discovered with the mp3ID tag reader. I'm currently tracking this cause. This only affects the mp3 player(for me) and not other apps. Also your sound isn't affected in any way neither.

EDIT: alright reduced the lag. Still choppy but it's not as bad as it was before. Also the mem reader is confirmed correct. the cpu usage reader is correct it has to be. Helios would agree to me on them two. anyways I'll upload the update

http://www.savefile.com/files/8811053
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 03:35:44 am by gm112 »
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2006, 07:33:52 am »
EDIT!: also task manager lies! helios taught me this trust me! the If this was using 100% of your cpu your computer would be lagging like Fecal matter

It hogging the resources because you main loop has nothing in it and it never hands back control the the OS, stick a PollSystem() command in the loop and it should reduce the CPU usage. Also the CPU usage your basing it off is the FMOD cpu usage not your programs CPU usage.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2006, 02:36:37 pm »
It sure is an improvement. But... I can play all the songs, but there's one song (Analogue by A-ha, if that matters XD ) and it can play it, but it generally freezes, means I can't do anything or normally close it. It plays the song alright, but nothing works anymore.
Edit: I saw you don't got any icon for your program... not like that would be the worst to worry about, but I made an ico which has an  image for the sizes 32x32, 24x24, 16x16 and 8x8, since it changes it's size depending on its own exe-icon, the window-icon etc... give me a call on MSN or send an email if you want me to send you. :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 03:00:41 pm by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART

Pyro

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2006, 05:19:36 pm »
=/ This thing is fk'ed up >_>

And it eats up my memory like crazy o_o

gm112

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2006, 07:11:19 pm »
@Pyro: Check if your graphic drivers are up to date.

Update!
----------------
-Gui Redone-Helios
-Code Cleaned up and optimised-Helios
-Memory Leak discovered and fixed-Helios
-Mouse now hovers over the buttons-Helios
-Repeat now functions as it should-Helios
-Added a nice icon ^___^-Gm112
-----------------
Helios has jumped in and decided to help me out with the messy code of mine =P. Thank him. This mp3 player is mer completed.
linky!: http://www.savefile.com/files/8425126

When you want repeat besure to hit the button and reload the song.

GIVE CREDIT TO FOX FOR MAKING THE ICON
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 03:35:12 am by gm112 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 56 queries.