Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: (WIP) NiGHTS into Dreams: Second Slumber  (Read 10409 times)

Re: (WIP) NiGHTS into Dreams: Second Slumber
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »
Thanks again for the comments folks, it's very encouraging. I've been in touch with someone who has hacked the original code and currently has a large amount of the Soft Museum level working on PC and 360. At present, they're using Claris to fly around as they haven't been able to get the NiGHTS animations, but I might be helping with that, in exchange for the original textures and level height maps to use as reference for my project. Depending on the state of their work (they're sending me it in the next day or so) it may become a collaboration where I redo artwork, but right now I'd still like to make this as my own project, so that's  somewhat of an aside.

Right now I'm basically waiting on MiNalien to see what he can produce for the initial stages. If anyone else is interested in helping him then please feel free to get in touch and we'll have a chat about what you can contribute.

This quite makes me wish I'd of progressed enough with C# and DirectX right now lol
It's quite exciting to see a much more professional like project on here and hopefully we'll be able to keep track of how it'd going on here too ^^

edit: oh you went to teeside?
do you/did you know of anyone by the surname of koria? As a friend of mine at the school I went to (now graduated from it), his brother did/is doing the games design course there :P

No I don't think I know them, but considering there were hundreds of people on the games courses and all the related CG ones, it's not surprising. Plus they might not have been in my year.

Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

http://www.monophobia.co.uk - My portfolio website
  • monophobia.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 03:37:17 pm »
  • 笑い男
Ah, I see >_<
was worth a shot :P
didn't realise there was THAT many though :x

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 12:37:28 am »
  • Silly cat!
Awesome stuff. Just like to say that IMO NiGHTs is a female, the eyes are very feminine, although thats just my opinion, I read on wikipedia that NiGHTS is androgynous, which means a lack of a specific gender or to have both male and female traits.

Either way good luck with this :)
If it's not completely obvious whether a character is a male or a female, then a person will assume what they will and even when told different, will stick with their belief. I remember I always use to think Kirby was a male and all of my friends thought (and still do) think Kirby is a female. Also Kazooie, I always thought she was a male... but yeah >_>.

I've never played NiGHTS, and I know I'll buy the Wii sequal if it's reviewed well, because I do know the SEGA Saturn original was an amazing game... it's too bad I've never seen a Saturn in my life.

I don't have any obvious modelling or coding ability, but I do hope you manage to form a team because I'm sure this game will go far with the right motivation and teamwork. I'll keep an eye on it!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 12:38:59 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 01:12:55 am »
If you own a PS2, then rejoice. In the wierdest turn of events ever (original NiGHTS advert properly MOCKED Playstation, and sequel coming out on Wii) there is a port/conversion coming out of the original game soon. It includes the original NiGHTS graphics so it will look just like the Saturn game, but also a second version available to play which basically increases the graphical qualities of the original something that will look nicer on PS2.

I wish people would stop coming and stealing my ideas, especially SEGA  :-\

Still, my plan goes ahead as it had before. Just wish Id been able to start this about 5 years ago when I originally wanted to.
Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

• monophobia.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 02:03:31 am »
Right, we have a problem.

MiNalien has told me he can't work on the project now. No hard feelings, he has class work to be getting on with, and I know what it's like having commitments like that, which let's face it, are more important in the long run..

Unfortunately this does take me back to square one, and I don't have a coder. MiN suggested I get in touch with Infinitus, which I will do now, but obviously, if anyone out there feels they could work on this then please get in touch asap.

Thanks
Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

• monophobia.co.uk

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 03:16:59 am »
  • Silly cat!
Infinitus will do good things for this project.

Don't let us down Helios :U

Hoffy.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 11:17:51 am »
  • 笑い男
(btw infinitus = helios)

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 11:23:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Infinitus is (no offense to everyone else) more than likely the best coder to hit ZFGC ever, SO! I think it would be kickass to see those well designed meshes with some well designed code working together in unison :o!
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 12:27:33 pm »
Well thankfully he seems keen, and we're gunna talk properly about it when he's finished college for the day.
Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

• monophobia.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 10:24:54 pm »
Well I'll sure have a good crack at it. Should be a fun project and a nice addition to my portfolio. Still need to have a chat with monophobe though (FYI I'll been on for almost the next 48hrs so MSN me).

Infinitus is (no offense to everyone else) more than likely the best coder to hit ZFGC ever, SO! I think it would be kickass to see those well designed meshes with some well designed code working together in unison !
Thanks mamouranime, always nice to hear kudos.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 12:15:00 am »
Well I'll sure have a good crack at it. Should be a fun project and a nice addition to my portfolio. Still need to have a chat with monophobe though (FYI I'll been on for almost the next 48hrs so MSN me).

I did. You said Hey back, and that was it. lol.

Well ill be up all night trying desperately to finish a pic im working on for my brothers engagement party...... it's tomorrow evening, and we're setting off midday, EEEP!  :'(

Anyway, if I dont hear from you sooner then i'll try catch you on sunday mate.
Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

• monophobia.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 11:36:38 am »

I did. You said Hey back, and that was it. lol.

Sorry, I was kinder busy then ^.^. When I'm busy I tend to just let the other party do the talking.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 10:02:32 pm »
Just a quick update. Myself and Infinitus finally got a chance to chat properly today and he seems to be very much onboard which is great.

I don't know how interested people are in what goes on behind the scenes, but on the off chance you are, I've sent him files containing what will be a test level so that he can work on the preliminary stages of the movement system. As you can see, it's a rich and vibrant environment, with many interesting features.........  ;) XD

Basically things are in the works and I'll keep the updates coming as long as people want them.
Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

• monophobia.co.uk

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 10:06:24 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
hehe I see now that you're using 3dStudioMax for your meshes :D nice

Looks very good so far Mono ^_^ I'm anxious to watch it all unfold and come together
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 10:12:37 pm »
lol, it was never a secret. All my work is done in max. 4 years of uni using it, i'm not gunna suddenly switch.
Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

• monophobia.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2007, 03:41:32 am »
Latest from my side (ie art).

*proud*

Just finished my skybox texture and I'm proper chuffed with it :D

Based very much on that of Spring Valley but almost entirely remade (only parts of the mountains are original, and even those parts have been bombarded with layer masks, blending modes, etc, etc. and then covered with my own painting.)

Obviously with this being a texture I have worked hard on I don't want it stealing, hence the watermark. Hope you like it, and I look forward to getting it into the game :)

Spring Valley Reference:

My Skybox:

And just for fun:

:D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 04:04:57 am by Monophobe »
Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

• monophobia.co.uk

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2007, 04:21:36 am »
  • .越//
dont know the original game... but your mountains are good ^^

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2007, 09:12:27 am »
  • 笑い男
woo that looks nice o_o :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2007, 03:09:53 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
0_0 Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. Nice.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2007, 10:42:06 pm »
Hi guys. Just dropping in here to issue an apology to you and monophobia (well already talked to him). I've got to more or less leave this project to. Althrough i would love to work on this, my free time really is limited at the moment, and its just going to get worse over the next week or so as I'm going to be getting a job and I have tons of deadlines at college, which I'm somewhat far back on.

Again, I feel like a !@#$% saying this. But I really would prefer to leave now rather than drop monophobia in the !@#$% when my time restraints get to restrictive to feasibly work on this project with any speed.

I've given monophobia some advise, and pointed him in the right direction, on obtaining a professional coder who has enough time on his hands. Hopefully he should be able to get a better one soon ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:44:45 pm by Infinitus »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 75 queries.

anything