Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4x4 Unleashed | NEW DEMO 09.07.06  (Read 6584 times)

Re: 4x4 Unleashed - It's Back
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 08:26:16 pm »
If I reply to you you'll just get even madder because I am telling the truth. You will tell more lies. End of disscussion :)

So...who wants to help?
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 03:28:33 am »
Hey guys.

I know this topic has been dead for a while, and this is a double post so...I guess *bump*...

I haven't had an update like I said I would, and that is for a reason. I have been quite busy with exams, haven't really had achance to get to this.
This whole weekend I was gone...but I worked on this game, even without a computer.
I went to BC. I was bored. I found some paper. I found a pencil. I thought, I wrote.
I spent the whole weekend drawing and writing ideas and things I am going to do for this game. It tooke me a couple hours, and I got 8 pages full of notes.

These notes include designs for two new levels, which I'm sure you are going to love. these aren't just normal levels like the ones I have now...these will have real sprites and actual interactive...things. I will be using a destructable terrain engine for some parts :) (If you have one, can you PM me?)
These notes also include new pieces, enemies, and interations. I got many. :D There is also pics and descriptions for things to put around the level for eye candy, yay!
There is also notes for things to add/replace such as changing the finish flag (so it looks actualy decent :P), a tutorial for the beggining, telling you what you are going to encounter in the game, and how to use things, new physics objects, custom logo rough drawings....and much more. This means I will be working on ALL that for a new demo, and will not be posting in this topic unless either the new demo is done, I have some teasers for the new demo to show off, or I have screenshots or team openings to post...

...And speaking of team openings, I am desperately in need of a spriter, and like I said, I am needing a destructable terrain engine!!!

Thanks for your time,

-JWP Team
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 02:21:15 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 05:21:30 pm »
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 07:43:45 pm »
-JWP Team
What Team.
Have a read.

Bit of an update:

There's just a couple things I need to add to what i said before. First of all, whoever wants to make a signature, PLEASE DO SO! If you can, people will know you made it. There's I also need someone to make music and/or sound effects! I realized how bland my game is without music. That is also a team position (yes, including credit), as well as the spriter teasm position.
And Sam, I'll give you credit then mmkay?

Next, I need some ideas for interactive enviroments. Anything from rock avalanches, garage doors...anything. Just suggest :D
And that's all I remember. I have more to say, once I remember, I will post again :D!

-JWP Team
Re: 4x4 Unleashed | NEW DEMO 09.07.06
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 01:21:02 am »
BUMPETY BUMP!

Total Friggen Update:

There's now a new demo available....you can check out the new features on the first post.
There's nothing like a new level or anything (but I am working on one :D....here's a hint: stunt), but you might like the things I've added. It may be easier to play, too.....

Here's a quickie for what's ahead:

-A bloom/blur effect, which is still a bit buggy. It's for explosions and stuff. You will have an option to turn it on or off, because it might run a bit laggy on some computers while its going. [Screenshots, post 1]
-Finished menu; nice graphics, menu bugs squashed....
-Touched up/new graphics.
-A 3 level tutorial. It includes the basics: Basic Driving, Leaning and Changing Direction, as well as Getting to Know the Environment. The last one will include different hazards and some things you'll encounter throughout the game - but not everything, just enough for you to get the point Smiley
The tutorial will include readable instructions, as well as a robot-sounding person telling it. Should sound like one of those TTS engines.
-Features from YOUR suggestions...hint hint.
-A couple surprises.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. JWP games will now include an in-game jukebox. Like EA's.

Also, check out the....er "new" screenshots.

And again, SUGGESTIONS PLEASE :D!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 11:20:06 pm »
Woops! I was trying to modify the first post and I guess I clicked "Reply" or "Quote" and didn't notice" :P

Please delete this post :(
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 10:05:03 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
God Dammit Jordan.

You Did Not Stick Me In The Credits?!?!?!?!

I have helped out with:

1. The Signature At The Top. I Made More Than 50% Of It. You Just Told Me What To Write.

2. I Helped With Your Terrain Peices And Ideas For Levels. Let Alone How Much Testing I've Done!

3. For Your Science Project I Helped You For More Than 7 Hours Making Changes And Typing Out Stuff For You, Testing The Game, And Telling You Ideas!

Your Telling Me I Dont Get In The Measly Credits For Doing All That?!

What.
The.
!@#$%.

Besides, Whos On The Team Anyways? I'm the only one thats helping other than you.
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 10:40:29 pm »
God Dammit Jordan.

You Did Not Stick Me In The Credits?!?!?!?!

I have helped out with:

1. The Signature At The Top. I Made More Than 50% Of It. You Just Told Me What To Write.

2. I Helped With Your Terrain Peices And Ideas For Levels. Let Alone How Much Testing I've Done!

3. For Your Science Project I Helped You For More Than 7 Hours Making Changes And Typing Out Stuff For You, Testing The Game, And Telling You Ideas!

Your Telling Me I Dont Get In The Measly Credits For Doing All That?!

What.
The.
funk.

Besides, Whos On The Team Anyways? I'm the only one thats helping other than you.
Holy spaz. You're on the credits aren't you?

*tab*
*click, click*

.....Huh, guess not. Sorry 'bout that man. I sincerley remember having you on the credits.

*edit*

By the way, I think you overcredit yourself. Please don't get mad, I'm just trying to say:
1. Not 50% dude. Yeah, you helped. But hell no, not 50%.
2. Yeah, you helped with some of the terrain, I guess. Did test.
3. 7 hours is a bit much. I didn't even spend that much in total on the project - it was a last-miniute thing. But thanks for helping :D

Phew. Try an' take stuff like that calmely, Issac, maybe I made a mistake - don't be like my parents and assume things.

We cool?

Sorry 'bout that. By the way, tommorow I'm putting up a preview of a new level I've been working on... :D
Not that, it seems, anyone really cares.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 52 queries.