Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Super Smash Bros  (Read 24529 times)

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
Re: [Demo] Super Smash Bros
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 08:40:18 pm »
  • Idk
I fully understand that you want to complete the engine first, but here is one sprite sheet you might like:
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 10:23:21 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thanks for the sprite sheet.  I actually like this quite a bit.  If it were possible to get other characters that would mesh with this that would be great.  It would still be awhile before new sprites would be implemented, but anything helps.

Also if anyone wants to submit ideas for items or game play feel free to.  There is no guarantee they would all be implemented, but I'd do what I can.  Thanks!
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 08:34:28 am »
For smash bros sheets you could take a look at the custom section of TSR: http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/supersmashbros/index.html

Keep up the good work.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 09:04:24 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Thanks for the sprite sheet.  I actually like this quite a bit.  If it were possible to get other characters that would mesh with this that would be great.  It would still be awhile before new sprites would be implemented, but anything helps.

Also if anyone wants to submit ideas for items or game play feel free to.  There is no guarantee they would all be implemented, but I'd do what I can.  Thanks!

Actually, there's a MUGEN game coming out with all of the sprites you would need, I think. It's like Card Fighters or something stupid like that, but it has 100% custom sprites for all of the characters

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 03:57:00 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
Heres a few sheets I found on TSR that seem like they might match up well with that Link sheet:
Ness
Game & Watch
Pikachu
Items
Mario Bros. Stage

I'm not sure if you wanted to include the first two, I just posted them cause Ness kinda matched the style Link did and Game & Watch matches just about any style (and would probably be pretty easy to do).

Keep up the awesome work :)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:59:46 pm by RyuKage2007 »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 04:34:33 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Actually, there's a MUGEN game coming out with all of the sprites you would need, I think. It's like Card Fighters or something stupid like that, but it has 100% custom sprites for all of the characters

I tried to look this up.  I did find a game called Card Fighters, but I didn't see any of the characters that would be smash bros related in it.

Heres a few sheets I found on TSR that seem like they might match up well with that Link sheet:
Ness
Game & Watch
Pikachu
Items
Mario Bros. Stage

I'm not sure if you wanted to include the first two, I just posted them cause Ness kinda matched the style Link did and Game & Watch matches just about any style (and would probably be pretty easy to do).

Keep up the awesome work :)

These are great.  Yeah it can never hurt to get too many resources.  I may yet put Ness and/or Game and Watch in.  Ness's sprite sheet is amazingly complete.  I will definitely hang on to these.  Keep em coming guys this stuff helps a lot!
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 06:28:08 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Okay I just thought I would put out a little update.  As I have said before I have been working on the AI.  Links AI is basically complete.  I wanted to post an AI test demo today, but I figured that before I do that I should make some sort of temporary menu so you can choose difficultly level and number of players.  And few other things like that.  Anyway practice up because the AI is looking like it could be pretty difficult to beat.  Check out the new screen shots with four AI players duking it out.

The Kicker:
[imgzoom]http://www.zfgc.com/uploads/games/1a1effcfca2c9338a26ca3f5.png[/imgzoom]

Phantom Blue:
[imgzoom]http://www.zfgc.com/uploads/games/3d0f7ca41944a659539ed655.png[/imgzoom]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:33:24 am by Aero88 »
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 06:50:47 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Oho! I can't wait to battle against some AI characters.
  • My Music
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 12:40:23 pm »
I bet there are no Final smashes, with nothing confirming them, but I might have miss it.

Also an idea for a character: Toon zelda/Tetra (not sure if tetra is spelled right)Zelda could turn into Tetra (a pirate for those who haven't played WW)
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 08:33:43 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Okay Demo 3 is out and ready for testing.  I need to hear what you have to say regarding the AI so let me have it wither good or bad!

I think you will like it though. . .  At least I hope so.  XD

edit: Also the keys were rearranged by popular demand so hopefully that works better for you!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:35:49 am by Aero88 »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 08:38:53 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I bet there are no Final smashes, with nothing confirming them, but I might have miss it.

That's incredibly random :P You could just ask Aero88 if he plans on adding them <_<;; Besides, reading the posts would reveal that this is a WIP.

Anyway, checking the demo now-
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 08:42:51 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
lol just realized I left the CPU tracking objects visible.  I will fix it right away.

edit:  Okay it should be fixed now.  If you were wondering what the green dots were download it again and they should be gone.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:50:48 am by Aero88 »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 08:51:18 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol just realized I left the CPU tracking objects visible.  I will fix it right away.

XD I thought it was pretty neat- strange orbs moving towards the focus D:!!

BUT BE FOREWARNED! :P don't go 2x size on slopes test XD CPU gets stuck and constantly tries to jump, making your speakers go willld
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 08:58:42 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
lol just realized I left the CPU tracking objects visible.  I will fix it right away.

XD I thought it was pretty neat- strange orbs moving towards the focus D:!!

BUT BE FOREWARNED! :P don't go 2x size on slopes test XD CPU gets stuck and constantly tries to jump, making your speakers go willld

I tried it myself and had similar results.  It would seem the slope test room has a few bugs I will need to work out.  Thanks

edit: 

That's incredibly random :P You could just ask Aero88 if he plans on adding them <_<;; Besides, reading the posts would reveal that this is a WIP.

Yeah.  Well to answer the question.  Final smashes are  yet to be decided on.  I always felt they were kind of cheap and didn't use them much myself, and they would also require a great deal of time to implement.  Still the same if I decide I want to make them in the future then I could.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:11:39 am by Aero88 »
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 07:58:51 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Okay It isn't a huge update, but I have fixed some of the glitches in demo 3 and it is available for download.  Mainly just bug fixes.  It runs a little smoother and the AI are more intelligent.  They should work okay in the slope test level now.  Thanks!

Things I'd really like to hear about:
- What level of difficulty were you able to beat a CPU at?
- Does the AI seem realistic?
- Is the AI difficulty scale reasonable? (is 1 easy enough? is 9 hard enough?)
- Any glitches?
- Suggestions
- Anything else you wish to say

What's Next?
If it turns out that the AI are working well enough.  I will put more focus on making more levels, items, and hopefully begin making more characters soon.

Thanks, your input helps and is appreciated!

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 03:48:19 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
Looking great so far, I haven't tried fighting all of the AI levels yet but the ones I have seen work pretty well.
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Kiloku

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2010, 05:59:11 pm »
Whoever said this feels just like Super Smash Bros. was completely wrong.
This feels SO MUCH BETTER than SSB! It NEEDS to be completed, and to have almost every gaming character that ever existed!
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 12:40:56 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Whoever said this feels just like Super Smash Bros. was completely wrong.
This feels SO MUCH BETTER than SSB! It NEEDS to be completed, and to have almost every gaming character that ever existed!

Thanks,
     Hey guys!  I know it has been a good long time since I have posted an update on this topic, and you all were probably beginning to think this was dead...  Right?  Well to tell the truth progress has been extremely slow because I have been extremely busy, but I have recently done a little work with the AI which now allows there to be about 20 AI characters in the screen fighting it out at the same time.  Naturally you wouldn't want that many in the screen in a normal battle, but it may make for an interesting mini game at least.  Anyway.  Progress has also been slow because I have a major second (unrelated) project that has been getting my attention recently of which I plan to post a demo before too long.  So anyway...  It isn't dead, but it has been going kind of slow...  I just though I would check in with you all.  8)
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 08:29:59 pm »
Great to know that the project isn't dead! I can't wait for more updates!
I'll add one of these later.
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 05:58:50 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
The last couple of days I have been able to put a little work into this project.  Here are some things you guys might be happy to hear.

-Controls are now user definable!
-Some new levels are on their way!
-Rash (From Battle toads) is nearly complete!  I intend for him to be a mid-weight character with powerful physical attacks.

[imgzoom]http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?action=games&sa=getdownload&id=753[/imgzoom]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 77 queries.

anything