Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Aliens: WTF do they want!?  (Read 4896 times)

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
Aliens: WTF do they want!?
« on: December 16, 2006, 06:03:32 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I'll just say it: I believe in aliens. That said, if anyone else believes in them, what do you think they want with us? If you don't believe, tell us why. I'd like to know. Keep it PG, 'k?

Anyway, I believe that aliens have recently (recently in cosmic terms, anyway) discovered our species, and must believe that we possess great potential. They're just waiting for us to become more advanced technologically we before they make real contact.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
Re: Aliens: WTF do they want!?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 06:13:00 am »
they want all a our zelda fan games ! :o
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 06:15:50 am »
  • srsly, <3
i myself am not sure as to whether or not they exist. but, if they did they would either want to destroy us, or embrace us as another form of life in the universe.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 06:17:30 am by MadMonkey »
avvy made by: TheBlackMarket
  • my site

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 06:18:13 am »
i myself am not sure as to whether or not they exist, but,if they did they would either want to destroy us, or embrace us as another fomr of life in the universe.

I disagree. If they wanted to destroy us, why haven't they done it already? They've had thousands of years, after all.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 06:25:08 am »
  • srsly, <3
maybe they are not sure yet. like you said they could be waiting until we are more technologicaly advanced, and then they will decide whether or not we are too much of a threat to let us continue progressing, or if they see a way to use our technology (along with us hopefully) for the betterment of both, uh "races"?
avvy made by: TheBlackMarket
  • my site

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 06:33:23 am »
They're planning to demolish earth in order to build a hyperspace bypass.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 10:15:01 am »
  • :D
If we humans developed good enough space travel and we discovered a planet which has life on it less advanced than ours, we would do the same thing. We would probably want to figure out as much about them as we can without disturbing their natural evolution. Plus, we wouldn't know if they are dangerous or not, so we would make sure they never see us.

You also need to realize that to them, we are the aliens.
  • Knighty Games
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 12:59:29 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I think they exist, but I doubt they have visited us in flying saucers :P
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 01:23:56 pm »
  • alastair
I think people have been watching to many movies.
  • alastair
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 01:42:19 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
If we humans developed good enough space travel and we discovered a planet which has life on it less advanced than ours, we would do the same thing. We would probably want to figure out as much about them as we can without disturbing their natural evolution. Plus, we wouldn't know if they are dangerous or not, so we would make sure they never see us.

How true. Y'know, NASA is making a craft that will be able to travel to Mars and back in a matter of months. A manned craft. :D
  • Lionfish Apps

tippz

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 04:02:35 pm »
The whole notion of traveling to other inhabited planets, while interesting, it not likely to EVER happen. Given that the closest terrestrial (that is just a planet with an iron core, a mantle, and a secondary atmosphere) is still 15 light years away even traveling at the speed of light (impossible) would make the journey a 15 year one. As I said though, that is just a terrestrial planet, Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars all qualify as terrestrial planets yet Earth is the only one capable of supporting life. Just to add one more roadblock to the entire thing, even on an earth like planet life is not guaranteed to exist. Chances are one in almost infinity that any planets within range of a space craft are capable of supporting life... 

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 05:02:17 pm »
Let me teach you about wormholes.

You've always been told that the quickest way to somewhere is a straight line, right? Well, what if you take piece and fold it in half. Now punch a hole in the middle. the resulting hole is the quickest route to the other side. Aliens are essentially doing the same thing with space and time through wormholes.

(!@#$%)

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 05:06:22 pm »
* cb43569 looks at topic.

Oh my God, paranoid fools in here! Anyway, I don't mean to flame, but the chances of wormholes and aliens are rather slim, don't you think? I think there might be life on other planets, yes, but... coming here? How? Why?

I don't think they'll come here :P.
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 09:34:44 pm »
The whole notion of traveling to other inhabited planets, while interesting, it not likely to EVER happen. Given that the closest terrestrial (that is just a planet with an iron core, a mantle, and a secondary atmosphere) is still 15 light years away even traveling at the speed of light (impossible) would make the journey a 15 year one. As I said though, that is just a terrestrial planet, Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars all qualify as terrestrial planets yet Earth is the only one capable of supporting life. Just to add one more roadblock to the entire thing, even on an earth like planet life is not guaranteed to exist. Chances are one in almost infinity that any planets within range of a space craft are capable of supporting life... 
People forget, if we went the speed of light, time would slow down so much outside the craft, that the people inside would not age at all. And no you can't say that is ludicris because it has been proven, with an airplane and an atomic clock, following Einstien's theory.

For all we know aliens could be around us, but they are only in the 5th demension and beyond, not sensable to us. They could appear in a way that it is immpossible that we could ever find them there, because we are carbon based, we assume aliens will be too, probly not true though.
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 04:03:23 am »
There are only 4 dimensions...

And aliens do exist, maybe not the ones that we make up in movies (the odds that we know what they look like is pretty iffy...although I'm sure with all the different alien species that have been created for Star Trek and Star Wars and stuff, they would have to be close), but we've found like living bacteria and stuff on Mars, I believe...and so obviously there is life on other planets. It's doubtful that much life exists in our solar system though, because we've basically checked all the habitable ones (kinda hard to live on a gas giant), and they're dead. We have a really boring solar system...but we can't be the only life forms in this universe, it's too large. There's no way there's millions upon billions of planets...and only one with life on it. Although, if that is true...it sure blows a lid off the Science over God theory.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 05:43:14 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
They believe they can find bacteria, and they believe they may have found fossilised bacteria, however whether they is bacteria or not us unknown.

Also they believe they have found what may be running water, however they only have black & white photos of it, so again it may have been where water was once flowing, however no longer is.

One presumption we all have is that Aliens will look relatively Human, or need the same substances as Humans to survive. But what if the bacteria doesn't need what we need? What if the bacteria doesn't need water? Would the creatures of that planet also need water?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 10:07:23 pm »
A presumption that they will look like us is dumb. We have evolved because of our history...and the need to survive the planet's changes. Each planet will be different, and therefore any evolution that undergoes on that planet will also be different. Aliens might look slightly like us...but considering the atmospheric differences they've found on the moon and Mars...the likeliness of similar beings is pretty small. There might be slight genetic similarities, just because pretty much every species on our planet has some slight genetic similarities...we all came from the same bacteria assumedly, but on another planet the species will only share similar genetics with the bacteria from that planet. Maybe if WE put organisms on another planet they could look like us a little more...but there would still be a lot of variables, such as the fact that it might not survive in the different atmosphere, or it would adapt to be like the other bacteria and STILL not look like us...etc. It's a touchy subject, genetics.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 10:20:24 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Zerolink, theres evidence of up to eight dimensions... (citation needed. lol wikipedia)
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 10:40:39 pm »
They probably don't want anything to do with us, I mean look at how pathetic we are!

I disagree, We, being humans, will kidnap and experiment on them because there is no aliens rights act.
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 02:33:44 am »
They probably don't want anything to do with us, I mean look at how pathetic we are!

I disagree, We, being humans, will kidnap and experiment on them because there is no aliens rights act.
[majorsarcasm]Gee, ya think![/majorsarcasm]
Zerolink, theres evidence of up to eight dimensions... (citation needed. lol wikipedia)
Evidence of 8, but according to most theories, an infinite number.

They believe they can find bacteria, and they believe they may have found fossilised bacteria, however whether they is bacteria or not us unknown.

Also they believe they have found what may be running water, however they only have black & white photos of it, so again it may have been where water was once flowing, however no longer is.

One presumption we all have is that Aliens will look relatively Human, or need the same substances as Humans to survive. But what if the bacteria doesn't need what we need? What if the bacteria doesn't need water? Would the creatures of that planet also need water?
Exactly, we assume right now that all beings require water, but this has no basis, maybe all CARBON based life needs water, but surely not all life.
A presumption that they will look like us is dumb. We have evolved because of our history...and the need to survive the planet's changes. Each planet will be different, and therefore any evolution that undergoes on that planet will also be different. Aliens might look slightly like us...but considering the atmospheric differences they've found on the moon and Mars...the likeliness of similar beings is pretty small. There might be slight genetic similarities, just because pretty much every species on our planet has some slight genetic similarities...we all came from the same bacteria assumedly, but on another planet the species will only share similar genetics with the bacteria from that planet. Maybe if WE put organisms on another planet they could look like us a little more...but there would still be a lot of variables, such as the fact that it might not survive in the different atmosphere, or it would adapt to be like the other bacteria and STILL not look like us...etc. It's a touchy subject, genetics.
Right, it is almost immpossible for them to look anything like us. Because life works with chance, seen in Micheal Crichton's Jurassic Park, life always finds a way, by some abseen chance. Like that in JP they used frogs instead of like lizards. Chaos theory says that nothing is predictable, which is completely true. And there is like 1/100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 chance that they would look like us. That is Hollywood that does that. Because what if a meteor didn't wipe out the Dinosaurs, and they had evolved instead of mammals. I'll tell you, we would be lizard creatures, if they did indeed evolve. And then what are the chances of getting dinos? There are an infinite number of possibilities for how we are, apes just got REAL lucky. For example oxygen used to be a poison, that is why plants don't use it.
There are only 4 dimensions...

And aliens do exist, maybe not the ones that we make up in movies (the odds that we know what they look like is pretty iffy...although I'm sure with all the different alien species that have been created for Star Trek and Star Wars and stuff, they would have to be close), but we've found like living bacteria and stuff on Mars, I believe...and so obviously there is life on other planets. It's doubtful that much life exists in our solar system though, because we've basically checked all the habitable ones (kinda hard to live on a gas giant), and they're dead. We have a really boring solar system...but we can't be the only life forms in this universe, it's too large. There's no way there's millions upon billions of planets...and only one with life on it. Although, if that is true...it sure blows a lid off the Science over God theory.
Correct why would we be the only ones. And *cough* Jupiter's moons *cough* maybe *cough* inhabitable *cough*
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 73 queries.

anything