Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An interesting thought  (Read 1890 times)

An interesting thought
« on: April 21, 2007, 05:33:38 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
What if life was just completely made up. What if you were really just imagining this? I'll go into further detail. From your perspective it might seem like I'm a human sitting at a computer typing up a post, when in actuality this could just be your brain making this all up. Perhaps your brain can even convince you things are real through sight, sound, and touch! So if pain is inflicted it may seem real when it might not be. Here's another interesting thought, there is nothing anyone can say to fully convince me they are real now. Anything they say could just be manufactured by my brain. Also when I mean my brain, i think perhaps if I am just imagining this from a different brain somewhere. To give you an idea, think of a lucid dream. Those can get very realistic, so what tells you that this isn't just a lucid dream at all?
If that is true (this may come across very self-centered and ignorant) in all likeliness everything I see in life: hate, freedom, violence, freindship, love, all those could just be to teach me values and not really be real. War in foreign countries or even seeing a horrible act right before my eyes could simply be manufactured. The brain is a very funny thing. Hmm...this has really got me thinking...
But think, is there really anything I can say to convice you I am real?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: An interesting thought
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 05:39:44 am »
  • :D
What if life was just completely made up. What if you were really just imagining this? I'll go into further detail. From your perspective it might seem like I'm a human sitting at a computer typing up a post, when in actuality this could just be your brain making this all up. Perhaps your brain can even convince you things are real through sight, sound, and touch! So if pain is inflicted it may seem real when it might not be. Here's another interesting thought, there is nothing anyone can say to fully convince me they are real now. Anything they say could just be manufactured by my brain. Also when I mean my brain, i think perhaps if I am just imagining this from a different brain somewhere. To give you an idea, think of a lucid dream. Those can get very realistic, so what tells you that this isn't just a lucid dream at all?
If that is true (this may come across very self-centered and ignorant) in all likeliness everything I see in life: hate, freedom, violence, freindship, love, all those could just be to teach me values and not really be real. War in foreign countries or even seeing a horrible act right before my eyes could simply be manufactured. The brain is a very funny thing. Hmm...this has really got me thinking...
no u

There are all sorts of strange thoughts like that, but the thing is, it's impossible to know.  And theres some rule of logic... something's razor, which says that if there are different explanations for things, none of which have any real proof, the simplest one is most likely true, which I think applies here.  Like if even all of that junk is true, it doesn't really matter anyway, you still have to live your life the same way <_<
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:41:15 am by Limey »
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 05:43:14 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
that is true, its just interesting to try and figure out those complex things.

and its occums razor your thinking of.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:49:54 am by kylink »
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Battery

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 05:56:04 am »
Things like this really hurt my head, its almost like forcing someone to show you real proof of god or satan.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 07:58:53 pm »
I've heard this thought a lot.

I don't see why it matters, you'd have to keep living your life the same way anyway.
  • Yudia
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 08:05:34 pm »
Damn, that would be some long dream! And plus, we would be pretty much having the same dream then.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 01:09:18 pm »
  • puck you

You are in the Matrix.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 01:12:02 pm by Weapon »
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 01:18:05 pm »
  • Back again.
YAY, XANEX!

No, seriously-
I don't see why it matters, either.
let's compare it to the matrix. We're going to keep on living our lives, despite if it's real or not.

(even though I think it is.)
Just kinda moseying along.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 02:44:21 pm »
I dont beleive it. But one time I had a thought that after I was born and was like 2 years old the rest of my life was a dream and some time I would wake up and have to live my whole life over. Man would that suck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 51 queries.