Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astrophysics Cheat Sheet I found...  (Read 3537 times)

Pedlya

Pederp
Astrophysics Cheat Sheet I found...
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:08:15 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~

This is probly one of the coolest things ive ever seen short of a True Astronomy Model :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:10:12 pm by Pedlya »
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
Re: Astrophysics Cheat Sheet I found...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 11:18:40 am »
You know, I only understood, absolutly, completely, 100% !@#$% all of that...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:46:52 pm »
Wow, reminds me of my first year undergrad course. How old are you? Because unless you're in university doing an astrophysics degree, I'd say that stuff is WAAAAAAY too hard. Also, this is just a summary sheet of all of the stuff that you'd probably be expected NOT to RECALL, but PROVE.

For example, the bit on spherical harmonics is what you get from solving the angular part of the Schordinger equation for the hydrogen atom in nonrelativistic quantum mechanics.
e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_harmonics
But that might frighten you a bit!

Anyway, if you DO understand more than a line of what's written there, my sincere congratulations! Looks like you'll be going for a career as an astrophysicist!

This is probly one of the coolest things ive ever seen short of a True Astrology Model :D
Astrology? XD XD XD
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 05:17:23 pm »
Wow this stuff is confusing.
It kind of reminds me of John F Nash's website because of the fact that I don't understand a word of it.  XD

John's site:

http://www.math.princeton.edu/jfnj/

For anyone who doesn't know John is the person portrayed by Russel Crow in "A Beautiful Mind".

I believe if you search around the site you can find some complex math equations.
Ya I'm a show off.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 05:33:06 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Wow, reminds me of my first year undergrad course. How old are you? Because unless you're in university doing an astrophysics degree, I'd say that stuff is WAAAAAAY too hard. Also, this is just a summary sheet of all of the stuff that you'd probably be expected NOT to RECALL, but PROVE.

For example, the bit on spherical harmonics is what you get from solving the angular part of the Schordinger equation for the hydrogen atom in nonrelativistic quantum mechanics.
e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_harmonics
But that might frighten you a bit!

Anyway, if you DO understand more than a line of what's written there, my sincere congratulations! Looks like you'll be going for a career as an astrophysicist!

This is probly one of the coolest things ive ever seen short of a True Astrology Model :D
Astrology? XD XD XD

HAHA, horrid mistake. ASTRONOMY DAMMIT. Anyway, I am not going for an Astrophysics degree, but ive always been interested in the subject, my biological grandfather wrote books on it, he was one of the members of the 'Think Tank'.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 06:04:18 am »
This topic makes me feel so dumb... ._.
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 45 queries.

anything