Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: :(  (Read 9778 times)

Gilgamesh

Re: :(
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2006, 07:59:21 am »
Ever seen how gruesome some animals treat other animals? Take a certain wasp. It lays its eggs inside a living spider. The spider is sometimes stunned by this, but remains alive. After a while, the eggs hatch and the little maggots eat the spider from the inside, while keeping away from the vital organs for a while so the spider stays alive longer (to keep it fresh). Eventually they completly eat the spider. This process can take a couple of days, if not a week.

Of course we should treat some animals such as chickens better, but on the other hand, what we're doing is still a lot less cruel than what happens in nature.
And don't try that "mass-production" argument. We're humans. This is our way of getting food. It's no different than going to hunt. Other animals eat in abundance too.
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2006, 09:58:13 am »
  • Lul
To be quite frank, I don't care about the chickens. Why should I? They're going to be killed anyways and shoved into my belly via a factory-to-fork-to-mouth process. As far as I know, they're just being tenderized when people throw them around. And, to be fair, it's not like doing all of this stuff to a living chicken is all that bad when you consider the fact that you kill them while they're alive, and they stay alive for a period of time while headless. Right there, they're the living dead (zombies, as it were). Converting to vegetarianism isn't going to change that chickens are dying, so rather than denying myself of the taste of a barbecued chicken wing so that maybe one or two chickens won't be bruised isn't worth it. They're small, inferior, and we breed them like rabbits so they're not going to die out. Maybe in 1'000'000 years they'll grow iron feathers or become poisonous or revert to being dinosaurs or something of the like, we're going to continue killing and eating them, along with other animals. Millions per day. People eat and enjoy meat and no one really cares where it comes from. Especially those who don't want to pay extra for a burger just because the cow was allowed to be happy, or because the nuggets had a good life.

I'm not saying that fighting for those who can't isn't noble, it is, it's just that it's not a battle anyone's going to win anytime soon because people like eating meat.

So you're saying that it's ok that they're tortuing them???

Ever seen how gruesome some animals treat other animals? Take a certain wasp. It lays its eggs inside a living spider. The spider is sometimes stunned by this, but remains alive. After a while, the eggs hatch and the little maggots eat the spider from the inside, while keeping away from the vital organs for a while so the spider stays alive longer (to keep it fresh). Eventually they completly eat the spider. This process can take a couple of days, if not a week.

Of course we should treat some animals such as chickens better, but on the other hand, what we're doing is still a lot less cruel than what happens in nature.
And don't try that "mass-production" argument. We're humans. This is our way of getting food. It's no different than going to hunt. Other animals eat in abundance too.

Exactly, what happens in nature is different from what we do. Animals in the nature
don't kill unless they need food. And they don't kill 5 animals if they only need one. We DO have a mass-production going on,  we don't need as much meat as we produce. Why should we mass-produce when we don't need to? It's just waste...

Gilgamesh

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2006, 11:34:07 am »
Actually, Tabby, I said mass-production isn't bad.
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2006, 12:18:47 pm »
  • Lul
<_< How can't it be bad?

Gilgamesh

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2006, 02:55:09 pm »
Because animals harvest other animals and plants too? <_<

Ben

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2006, 02:58:23 pm »
Tabby, it might be bad that it's going on, but there's nothing you can do about it.
There is a brand called "freedom food" in britain that is supposed to be better "harvested" and more nice to the animals, so maybe you could find something like that?
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2006, 08:00:50 pm »
  • Lul
Tabby, it might be bad that it's going on, but there's nothing you can do about it.
There is a brand called "freedom food" in britain that is supposed to be better "harvested" and more nice to the animals, so maybe you could find something like that?

I can't do anything about it but together wii (<__<) can.
Instead of "using" the left meat as waste, they should at least use the meat as charity, seriously.

Just because some species does something terrible doesn't mean you have to. And the only reason nothing will change is because of people's general attitudes. It's not that hard to give a part of your diet up, I know because I gave up sugar for a while just to prove a point. Why do we avoid doughnuts and such? It's because they're bad for you. People love 'em but they avoid them all the same. Just because you like the taste of a corpse doesn't mean third-party murder is dignified.

I agree with you on the first part, but I have to say to give up meat is not as easy as it is to give up for example candy.
Meat is healthier and we need it, but not too much of it, to say that people who eat meat supports these kind of tortuing is wrong, but your statement is correct if someone buys their food from a factory where they tortue animals (and if the person is being award of it of course). Though if it is a poor person who can only buy this food cause it's cheap then we're talking about something else :P So your statement isn't really correct in all situations <_< But other than this, I agree with you.

Sol, do you want to start an Animal's Right campain with me? <_< >_>

Edit: I mentioned this before but I don't know if anyone read it <_<?
Can't United Animal Nations stop these things?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 08:03:31 pm by Tabby »
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2006, 08:21:36 pm »
  • MEOW
Well my opinion on this debate is that no matter what, humans nees the protein from the meat. Sure.. there are other ways of obtaining it but meat from animals gets more. I agree, the way they treat the animals before killing them is wrong, but killing them... not so much. What Sol says is 100% correct: You can't stop it. Nobody can stop it. Hell, that goes for just about everything in the world. There are people who complain about the war and try to get it to stop, but you can't. It's a waste of time.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2006, 09:06:41 pm »
I also keep defending my point that we can't change anything because there's always a higher force that will stop us. It has nothing to do with people's atttitude.

Giving up meat at all because of the hope to stop the torture of animals is also still - in my opinion - worthless to try. You can only loose. And your honorable tries to stop something that is actually wrong was for nothing.

But the only way to stop people doing that nowadays is violence and I don't think many people would approve of you and me blowing up factories.

That would also be a thing way to extreme. People would only hate you. Everybody. It's people's instinct. Or psyche. Or whatever.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2006, 10:49:54 pm »
  • Lul
We might not be able to stop it completely, but we could stop a lot factories from doing it.
It craves less work to do that than trying to catch a man like Saddam Hussein...

Sol, we could always pretend to be terrorists and send them emails <_< >_> Everyone's afraid of
terrorists <_< >_>
 :P

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2006, 11:03:27 pm »
  • Lul
.. You know, I know this guy who's got some really good stuff, he said you have to run 1 km to be in
the safe zone... <_________< J/k :P <_<

Well, SOMETHING has to be done. They should start worrying about these things more back there in UN and other... powerful places :P And not only about a stupid guy who hides in the underworld! <_< Though that was USA, hmmm...
well I think United Animal nations can do SOMETHING! Anything would help so much :(
If they know where the animals are being tortured, then what's the problem??
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2006, 11:16:23 pm »
  • Lul
Aah, I see.
Well, we have the red cross, an animal cross would help too <__< I'm being serious <_<
You never see any Animal charity thing on the tv, radio, newspaper etc, well at least not here were I live. If there would be more things like that announced, it would help a lot too.
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2006, 11:17:08 pm »
Once I saw this movie where some animal rights activists broke into a lab and released some monkeys infected with some sort of disease called 'rage' or something, I forget what happened afterwards though...

Anyway, I'm not going to read the whole topic, but I would like people to consider how badly plants are abused too. They're sprayed with unspeakable chemicals then butchered just like that. Plants are alive just like animals, just like people. It's called the food chain or something, our brains let us be on top.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2006, 11:24:42 pm »
Technically, for the development of the modern human, high sources of protein had to be available.  Meat was the most convenient thing to get.  Humans can and should eat meat, they just should not obtain it in ways that demean life.  Eating has always been acceptable, but abuse should not be.

Plants think as much as bacteria do, which is almost nothing.  All they do is react to stimuli in a limited fashion. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 61 queries.

anything