Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abortions  (Read 19821 times)

Re: Abortions
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2006, 10:47:25 pm »
hmm well venus.. what do you prefer.. a mom death.. or a mom living with 20 childs that those childs might end in adoption or.. hated by her mom it's sad.. but i think it should be illegal..
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2006, 10:58:19 pm »
  • IBV
hmm well venus.. what do you prefer.. a mom death.. or a mom living with 20 childs that those childs might end in adoption or.. hated by her mom it's sad.. but i think it should be illegal..

No. She would never had 20 children. Assuming she didn't want children she would get an abortion already on the first one. If it's illegal she would still get it. But if it is illegal she doesn't get it done professionally (because no good doctors are allowed to do it, and you can't do it in a clean hospital). Her risk to die is very high. That's what I said.

I never said it was:
Illegal: Woman lives with 20 children.
or
Legal: Woman dies.
Read my post, dammit.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2006, 11:05:28 pm »
I read it all, but about the 20 childs might happen, a prostitute has high percentage to get pregnant, now imagine how much abortion does a prostitute does, now.. it is illegal she is pregnant, obviously she will try abort it in a dirty place, but this time she dies, so instead of aborting 20 childs and killing 20 childs she will just die, well if it is a normal girl which is pregnant obviously she will protect alot so he deoenst end pregnant again :p.

20 is an invented number it can be just one or two. <.<
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2006, 04:30:59 am »
Here is my view (not arguing anyone else) - but abortion isn't killing a baby. Exfoliating your skin scrapes off 100's of cells. I mean, that shows how small a cell is. Who says the baby's life would be good anyway? Who says it would develop normally anyway? Who says its foster parents, if that's its future, will be good? I mean seriously - the anti-abortion "killing baby" stance IS mostly a Christian view, which is fine, but from a secular point of view, it's just too hard for me to see how it's immoral. And furthermore, if people think it's immoral, let it be legal, and those that don't want abortions don't have to get them, and those that do have the option.

Seriously, destroying a zygote isn't killing a baby - it can't DO anything, it's merely potential life. Honestly, when people are ready for babies, they'll have the babies. Until then, if they have unprotected sex, they should be able to do whatever they want.
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2006, 02:50:43 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Possum, I think that in a debate you shouldn't play stupid. You know exactly what Pyru is talking about.
I never played stupid.  I know what Pyru's talking about, but I'm giving him instances in how his logic is flawed.

Well he has a point. We can't use that definition because it doesn't protect people in states such as those. So what do we do? We change the definition. In what way? Well, we can say that any being that once fit that description would be eligible for the rights. However, then you are left with the problem of infants born in comas (or whatever, coma is just a good example) they never fit that definition so would the then not get those rights? No, you would have to change the definition again to say any being that may one day in its lifetime fit that description gets the rights. Wait though, in protecting a newborn in a coma we also unwittingly protected the unborn as well...
Good points.

The problem with "pro-choicers" is that they're wanting to make a rule based on the exception.  We need some clear defined parameters at some point, with exceptions defined individually.  It's simply unrealistic to keep the system the way it is (in America, anyway).

Sorry if this has already been said. But when abortion is illegal there are still abortion being done. They are not professionally done but instead done with dirty knives in a dirty dark cell in the slums (you get the idea). The woman may die during the operation but she is more willing to risk that than to live a life taking care of a baby that she doesn't want (or for whatever other reason). You don't decrease the number of operations, but you increase the number of deaths (both the woman and the fetus, if you consider the latter a death). With abortion you still have as many operations because just because it's legal people don't get less careful (I'm sure abortion itself is not fun at all and make people careful), but there are less people dying (just some rare cases with women, and if you want to say so: the fetus(s)).
Back ally abortions are sick.  But you'll find that when abortion is legal, most abortions are still back ally abortions.

Therefore: I don't care that back ally abortions may shoot up by a percentage point or two.

Here is my view (not arguing anyone else) - but abortion isn't killing a baby. Exfoliating your skin scrapes off 100's of cells. I mean, that shows how small a cell is. Who says the baby's life would be good anyway? Who says it would develop normally anyway? Who says its foster parents, if that's its future, will be good?
You can shoot off all the what-ifs you like.  We're not here to base the rule around the exception.

Say that someone's falsely convicted of murder, but there's no way for us to know who they are (albeit we know that they're there), so do we let all murderer's off to protect the one innocent person?  Nope.
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2006, 06:48:57 pm »
  • Why am I so indisicive?
Hitler's mother wanted an abortion, someone talked her out of it. chew on that one.

And if you don't think abortion is moral, then don't get one, simple as that.
Meghan <3 Lederhosen!

Soy un perdedor. I???m a loser baby, so why don???t you kill me?

<('.'<)<)<)<)<)
  • deviant

tippz

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2006, 06:55:14 pm »
Hitler's mother wanted an abortion, someone talked her out of it. chew on that one.

Hitler's life had a profound effect on the world. Perfect example of what an abortion can destroy. Sure Hitler himself was terrible. Causing world war II, the holocaust, etc but look at what happened because of him. He pulled Germany out of depression and WWII did the same for most countries involved. WWII sparked the Cold War which in turn sparked one of the biggest technological booms of all time. I could go on, but you get my point...

brucem91

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2006, 06:59:27 pm »
One question: How would you feel if your Mom had an abortion on you.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2006, 07:09:45 pm »
... You wouldn't feel anything.

:D.

I'm sure everyone giving their opinion on abortion has asked themselves that question.
Coldly, the dead cannot feel. What does it matter what they feel?
Depending on your beliefs, it might. I see no afterlife ahead of me - So it means nothing to me what i might feel when i'm dead.
But consider that abortion is considered moral by many people in circumstance where life would be worse than 'afterlife', or too painfull to be desired.

..Me? I'm against abortion, but i'm not against someone who wants an abortion having one. Its not really my business.

And as for the Hitler comment (@paintergrl) - That kind of open ended randomness means absolutely nothing to no one. It means nothing. It can't mean anything, unless of coyrse you believe that hilters mothers friend was an incarnation of the devil and it was all planned :D.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:14:24 pm by aab »

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2006, 07:14:25 pm »
If I remember rightly I was put up for abortion, but obviously it didn't go through

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2006, 07:16:02 pm »
Hmr. You like Dragon Force, so i conclude that i am happy it didn't work. :P.

..Any incredibly strong convictions in you because of that stopped/failed abortion that you'd like to throw into the debate?

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2006, 07:21:25 pm »
Saw a topic about Abortion so yeah thought I'd say that, My parents seem glad they didn't go through with it too so yeah I win =D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 60 queries.